Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 10:25 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times

Advertisements

Never been a fan of OU and I'm still not. But I enjoyed seeing them beat Alabama. Congratulations Sooners!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 10:42 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
I fully confess to talking trash about Big12 and OU football. I stand here humbled. OU played the game the way it was meant to be played tonight. Was major impressed with the way the went right at Alabama's talented secondary. The Tide's pass rush isn't what it used to be, but the talented secondary was supposed to be good enough to compensate. But major props to the OU coaching staff -- they knew what Alabama's strengths n weaknesses were and took advantage. Great game by OU. Enjoy the victory.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:37 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Even though I'm a longhorns fan, props for sooners. Also big win for the conference.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:29 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,499,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I fully confess to talking trash about Big12 and OU football. I stand here humbled. OU played the game the way it was meant to be played tonight. Was major impressed with the way the went right at Alabama's talented secondary. The Tide's pass rush isn't what it used to be, but the talented secondary was supposed to be good enough to compensate. But major props to the OU coaching staff -- they knew what Alabama's strengths n weaknesses were and took advantage. Great game by OU. Enjoy the victory.
Thanks for the classy post.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:39 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
The Oklahoma Sooners. Now and forever the only team to win every BCS Bowl.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:46 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
NP.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:02 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
OU's win was very impressive. Looks like they finally found a quarterback. Bell was never going to get them where they needed to go.

I was most impressed by the play of OU's defensive line. McCarron is no Manziel.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:13 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
OU's win was very impressive. Looks like they finally found a quarterback. Bell was never going to get them where they needed to go.

I was most impressed by the play of OU's defensive line. McCarron is no Manziel.
I think this is spot on - the offensive line was outstanding. I do like their QB, though. Made great decisions all night long, and he made nice passes too. Put it where only the big receivers could stretch out their hands to get it. Maybe Bama's secondary wasn't so outstanding after all. McCarron's poor play didn't help, but I credit OU's secondary for making good reads and staying in position. Most importantly, I felt Saban was out-coached by the Stoops brothers.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:13 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Great win against a tough opponent in a BCS bowl.

Now some of the Texas fans are saying, "Why would we want Saban if he can't beat OU?" lmao

But hey, what's with the soonerfans doing the upside down Hook'em at the non-Texas games? Scoreboard, dudes!

secsecsecsecsec!

Old 01-03-2014, 09:31 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,029,109 times
Wow, awesome win by OU!!! Congratulations to the Sooners!! Bob and Mike Stoops coached the best game of their careers IMO, and the OU players really played well on both sides of the ball. I certainly agree that they have found themselves a QB!...lol. He was very impressive. I figured Alabama would win that game so I was pleasantly surprised that OU pulled off an upset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football