U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 12:07 AM

7,387 posts, read 10,066,687 times

Advertisements

Two things will doom Petrino in my view, moreso than the fact that he has admitted to being unfaithful to his wife. 1) that he tried to cover up the fact that the girl was with him in the accident and 2) that he just hired her on staff. She is (was now?) engaged to be married to an alumni this summer. Another wrecked life.

I am a Georgia native, didn't have any allegiance to the university until my daughter enrolled as a freshman this year. I hope for her sake that the university does the right thing and dismiss this man promptly. I want her to see her university stand for morality and character before winning football at any cost.

I must admit, tho, as a lifelong Atlanta Falcon fan, I still haven't buried my hatchet. If the AD can't find one, he can borrow mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 12:10 AM

5,412 posts, read 7,705,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
All the negative stuff on Switzer's watch is as big a part of OU tradition as the championships. Have to take the bad with the good. It all is part of their legacy.

The crime during Switzer's tenure is as big as OU's tradition?

No. Just a typical Poke fan eatin' sour grapes. It's okay, we're both Okies (I think) so I'll forgive you for the gross exaggeration.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:11 AM

5,412 posts, read 7,705,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Two things will doom Petrino in my view, moreso than the fact that he has admitted to being unfaithful to his wife. 1) that he tried to cover up the fact that the girl was with him in the accident and 2) that he just hired her on staff. She is (was now?) engaged to be married to an alumni this summer. Another wrecked life.

I am a Georgia native, didn't have any allegiance to the university until my daughter enrolled as a freshman this year. I hope for her sake that the university does the right thing and dismiss this man promptly. I want her to see her university stand for morality and character before winning football at any cost.

I must admit, tho, as a lifelong Atlanta Falcon fan, I still haven't buried my hatchet. If the AD can't find one, he can borrow mine.
>>>>>
I want her to see her university stand for morality and character before winning football at any cost.
<<<<<

Amen Brother.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:45 AM

5,981 posts, read 16,319,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
>>>>>
I want her to see her university stand for morality and character before winning football at any cost.
<<<<<

Amen Brother.
Sadly lacking these days, no? VERY sadly lacking.

I'd also like to see U of A stand for intelligence in not only the student body, but the employees. Clearly, BP took leave of whatever good sense he had a couple of days ago. That boy - he just ain't very bright...

Old 04-07-2012, 03:45 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,721,199 times
At least he did it with a female and not a under age male.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:08 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,841,166 times
Bobby Petrino: The Worst Dude Ever!! Hell of a football coach but can't trust a word he says... Just a douchebag!

Old 04-08-2012, 08:34 AM

123 posts, read 179,657 times
bobby petrino is a well-known scumbag. dude has no loyalty or integrity. i'm sure the AD at louisville and the owner of the falcons agree.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:19 PM

71,937 posts, read 83,581,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Petrino is human. Accept his punishment and move along.
My feelings exactly. I do with he hadn't lied, but his personal life and life on the field are 2 different things. The next few days will tell us what the future holds for him.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Was this a surprise to anyone with the way he did Louisville and Atlanta?

A lack of loyalty usually trickles down to every aspect of your life. I'm not surprised because us in Louisville know what caliber of man Petrino is firsthand.
As I have mentioned on the ARboard, he is a pri#K but he is still a darn good coach and football bring money to the school.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post

I know how strongly you feel about this and how much you dislike him, but he has never admitted to being unfaithful. We are all wondering what he did do, but none of us know. He admitted to a past unappropriate something or another, not adultary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football