U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:53 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,416,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
Per Clay Henry, AR wanted to keep him, and was going to give him penalties, Petrino refused and therefore terminated

I do not think Bobby is going to get another head coaching job
Long said it was never an option or discussion that Petrino would stay... So obviously They were just making sure they fired him with "cause" to avoid payin him a buyout.

"Long said Petrino was fired "with cause" -- meaning he will not receive a multimillion-dollar buyout -- and there were no discussions about ways to keep Petrino at Arkansas. Long declined comment when asked about Dorrell's job status."

From: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-petrino-coach

As far Dorrell... My guess is she "resigns" but receives a settlement/payment to not sue the school or state.

Last edited by Mr. GE; 04-10-2012 at 08:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 07:53 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,856,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_cuyler View Post
I don't think they will have the guts to let him go, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Sadly, I believe you are 100% correct...
Quote:
I am not on the AR boards so whatever you posted there does not translate here... I don't think they are going to fire him either.
Quote:
I get your point on him and where you stand. We all know he's probably going to stay on as coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
He's gone.
That's right.

After he actually gets fired...

Quote:
I tried to tell you... Lying just won't work in SEC country if u are a leader.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:00 PM

Old 04-10-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
That's right.

After he actually gets fired...

I never said... "I tried to tell you he would get fired"... So let's review Sherlock Holmes

Quote:
I disagree completely with this. If something like this does happen, the right thing is done. UGA fired its AD for a similar situation that did not even get the national pub that this is getting. UT fired Bruce Pearl for lying to the NCAA. Malzone was pushed out Auburn quickly after his wife debacle. U get where I'm going... Booster cheating and players being arrested is one thing. But the coaches and leaders of SEC prorgrams are not given any type of leesh on their morality and character. Having a leader of character is just part of the job requirement around these parts... If you fail at that usually you are fired.
Then...

Quote:
I tried to tell you... Lying just won't work in SEC country if u are a leader.
hmm... seems to be dead on to me!!!

So nice try... next time do some better research before u try to point out something on me detective Mustache.

But hey... on the bright side, it's nice to know I'm SO important to you that you go around cutting and pasting all of my posts...

Last edited by Mr. GE; 04-10-2012 at 08:29 PM..

Old 04-10-2012, 08:31 PM

8,403 posts, read 8,390,851 times
Kudos to the Hawgs for getting rid of that slimeball.

They did the right thing.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
I never said... "I tried to tell you he would get fired"... So let's review Sherlock Holmes

Then...

hmm... seems to be dead on to me!!!

So nice try... next time do some better research before u try to point out something on me detective Mustache.

But hey... on the bright side, it's nice to know I'm SO important to you that you go around cutting and pasting all of my posts...
Sherlock Mustache. I like it.

You thought he would keep his job. I didn't think he would. I was right, you were wrong. NBD.

SEC X3!!!

Old 04-11-2012, 05:10 AM

72,073 posts, read 83,735,637 times
Quote:
I tried to tell you... Lying just won't work in SEC country if u are a leader. It boils down to the biggest boosters not willing to stand behind Petrino any further.

I'm not a Razorback fan... But I'm cheering for them today. Kudos. Hope they win the Natty now!!!

Student Athletes should be proud to play there now
you were right, but I am not sure the lying is the whle reason he is gone. Don't you think $20,000 had something to do with it? I do...I guess we will never know and yes, I am proud of the university. It took guts, I didn't think they would do it.I will say, when we were all speculating there wasn't $20,000 involved, nor was there an issue of 150 plus candidates for a cushy job involved, just a few days earlier. We all knew she had just been hired, we didn't know the details.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:15 AM

72,073 posts, read 83,735,637 times
Quote:
Sherlock Mustache. I like it.

You thought he would keep his job. I didn't think he would. I was right, you were wrong. NBD.

SEC X3!!!
Just out of curiosity why are we playing a kids game? I'm right, you are wrong, no I am right, ha, ha, ha? He was fired, he should have been fired, I will say, most of the people in the area thought he would stay but they didn't think what he did was right. Now, it is over....

Nita

Old 04-11-2012, 06:32 AM

758 posts, read 1,036,788 times
I found this on another site and I am laughing so hard!

Old 04-11-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you were right, but I am not sure the lying is the whle reason he is gone. Don't you think $20,000 had something to do with it? I do...I guess we will never know and yes, I am proud of the university. It took guts, I didn't think they would do it.I will say, when we were all speculating there wasn't $20,000 involved, nor was there an issue of 150 plus candidates for a cushy job involved, just a few days earlier. We all knew she had just been hired, we didn't know the details.
It's all connected.

When I say lying I also mean "omission" which the $20K is part of him omitting things from Long.

Petrino hired the girl on the staff so the univiersity could pay his gold-digging mistress' bills instead of him continuing to do it out of his personal money... Something that certainly his wife would have found eventually. So he figured he would just hire by using his status and influence. Making the University pay for his mistress is pretty messed up. I mean, if you are going to have one, pay up!

The man just made a bunch of poor decisions... over some strange! I mean you can see a younger man getting caught up and making bad decisions like that over a woman "possibly". But this is something unacceptable for a 51 year old married father of 4 and leader of young men. period.

I wonder what his "Wonderlic" score was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football