U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 07:46 AM

5,412 posts, read 7,704,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
I found this on another site and I am laughing so hard!

This is hilarious! The first clip Petrino needs to be in Razorback logo boxers and his little lady needs to be in something swanky and I think that's pretty much how it went down.

On a serious note, Arkansas is not the laughing stock of the nation right now. Way to get rid of that slimeball and retain some dignity.

Truly, I feel horrible for his wife and kids. He doesn't deserve 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 08:29 AM

8,370 posts, read 8,363,445 times
Arky is still going to bury A&M this fall.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:07 PM

71,926 posts, read 83,566,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
It's all connected.

When I say lying I also mean "omission" which the $20K is part of him omitting things from Long.

Petrino hired the girl on the staff so the univiersity could pay his gold-digging mistress' bills instead of him continuing to do it out of his personal money... Something that certainly his wife would have found eventually. So he figured he would just hire by using his status and influence. Making the University pay for his mistress is pretty messed up. I mean, if you are going to have one, pay up!

The man just made a bunch of poor decisions... over some strange! I mean you can see a younger man getting caught up and making bad decisions like that over a woman "possibly". But this is something unacceptable for a 51 year old married father of 4 and leader of young men. period.

I wonder what his "Wonderlic" score was?
ok, you win, obviously being right means more to you than to others. I may not agree with you totally, I see it a little differently but it is over and I will get on with other things, like hoping the Razonbacks can come back, hoping there is a good coach out there and hoping the best for everyone involved in the mess.

Nita

Old 04-11-2012, 01:18 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, you win, obviously being right means more to you than to others. I may not agree with you totally, I see it a little differently but it is over and I will get on with other things, like hoping the Razonbacks can come back, hoping there is a good coach out there and hoping the best for everyone involved in the mess.

Nita
Where do I mention the word winning or being correct?

Let me get this straight. You make a statement... a rebuttal of something I said. Then I'm focused on winning too much if I offer my own response. O.... that makes perfect sense.

Some of you all should stay off the boards if you are going to be so sensitive. These are "discussion" boards for a reason...

On this board the subject of the discussion is the Petrino scandal.

Last edited by Mr. GE; 04-11-2012 at 02:30 PM..

Old 04-11-2012, 05:20 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,377,906 times
I know people are free to go to whatever boards they want, but it always annoys me when someone pops in to a board they aren't familiar with and gets into a back-and-forth thing with people.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:27 PM

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/yy281/jnsrebel/efbf8f24.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-11-2012, 07:03 PM

He isn't that good looking!!! Maybe that is her fiance or x whatever?

Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 PM

116 posts, read 239,357 times
Petrino, mistress exchanged 100s of calls, texts

The Associated Press
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. Former Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino and his mistress exchanged more than 4,300 text messages and nearly 300 phone calls over the past seven months on game days, before dawn and even as the police report that hastened his downfall was being released to the public, according to a review of his business cellphone records by The Associated Press.

The messages, among some 300 pages of records released under a Freedom of Information Act request, appear to include picture and video files, though there was no way to verify the content. But the records clearly show a married father of four in frequent contact with Jessica Dorrell, a 25-year-old former Razorbacks volleyball player.

Petrino was fired Tuesday night for failing to disclose his relationship with Dorrell, whom he hired last month without disclosing his conflict of interest or the fact he had once paid her $20,000. Athletic director Jeff Long said he had determined their relationship had been ongoing for a "significant" amount of time, but he did not say for how long.

The phone records show that Petrino remained in close contact with Dorrell following the April 1 motorcycle accident in which Petrino suffered four broken ribs, a cracked neck vertebra and scrapes and bruises. That day, Petrino and Dorrell went for a motorcycle ride on a two-lane highway southeast of Fayetteville and skidded off the road. Petrino and Dorrell talked for 16 minutes earlier that day before the crash at 6:45 p.m., and they also had a 22-minute conversation the following day while Petrino was apparently still in the hospital recovering.

Petrino's accident report was disclosed by state police on April 5, and the two talked 11 times that day. That included a pair of 2-minute calls around 3:30 p.m., when police were releasing the report that for the first time exposed her presence at the accident.

Later that evening, as questions swirled about his future at Arkansas, Petrino exchanged four calls with his agent, Russ Campbell, totaling 10 minutes.

The cellphone records show Petrino and Dorrell were in contact at least as far back as Sept. 12. The university provided nearly seven months of Petrino's business cellphone records, and that is the first date listed. Among the findings:

Petrino, a married father of four, exchanged 91 texts with Dorrell on Sept. 13 and 84 texts with her over five hours on Oct. 28, the day before a game at Vanderbilt. On Oct. 17, the two swapped 73 text messages, and on four days in a row in the week before a loss to eventual national champion Alabama, Petrino called Dorrell early -- at 5:52 a.m., 6:35 a.m., 5:49 a.m. and 7:55 a.m. The day Arkansas beat Troy, the two exchanged 70 texts. They exchanged 26 texts the day Arkansas beat Mississippi State and four following the Razorbacks' loss to LSU on Nov. 25. Dorrell sent Petrino during Arkansas' Cotton Bowl win over Kansas State, though the coach didn't reply until the following day.

The 51-year-old Petrino built Arkansas into a national power, including a 21-5 record over the past two seasons and a No. 5 ranking in last season's final AP poll. He was expected to lead the Hogs on a national title run next season, but his career was effectively ended the day of the accident.

Petrino didn't disclose her presence on the ride until the police report was issued; he told his boss, athletic director Jeff Long, about 20 minutes before the report was released to the public.

The records show Petrino's six-minute call to Long at 3:11 p.m., the call during which the coach first told Long of his inappropriate relationship with Dorrell and her presence at the accident.

Petrino has issued a lengthy apology and said he was focused on trying to make amends to his family.

Petrino, mistress exchanged 100s of calls, texts *| ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/sports/petrino-mistress-exchanged-100s-1413847.html - broken link)

Old 04-12-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Georgia Peach View Post
Petrino, mistress exchanged 100s of calls, texts

The Associated Press
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. Former Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino and his mistress exchanged more than 4,300 text messages and nearly 300 phone calls over the past seven months on game days, before dawn and even as the police report that hastened his downfall was being released to the public, according to a review of his business cellphone records by The Associated Press.

The messages, among some 300 pages of records released under a Freedom of Information Act request, appear to include picture and video files, though there was no way to verify the content. But the records clearly show a married father of four in frequent contact with Jessica Dorrell, a 25-year-old former Razorbacks volleyball player.

Petrino was fired Tuesday night for failing to disclose his relationship with Dorrell, whom he hired last month without disclosing his conflict of interest or the fact he had once paid her $20,000. Athletic director Jeff Long said he had determined their relationship had been ongoing for a "significant" amount of time, but he did not say for how long.

The phone records show that Petrino remained in close contact with Dorrell following the April 1 motorcycle accident in which Petrino suffered four broken ribs, a cracked neck vertebra and scrapes and bruises. That day, Petrino and Dorrell went for a motorcycle ride on a two-lane highway southeast of Fayetteville and skidded off the road. Petrino and Dorrell talked for 16 minutes earlier that day before the crash at 6:45 p.m., and they also had a 22-minute conversation the following day while Petrino was apparently still in the hospital recovering.

Petrino's accident report was disclosed by state police on April 5, and the two talked 11 times that day. That included a pair of 2-minute calls around 3:30 p.m., when police were releasing the report that for the first time exposed her presence at the accident.

Later that evening, as questions swirled about his future at Arkansas, Petrino exchanged four calls with his agent, Russ Campbell, totaling 10 minutes.

The cellphone records show Petrino and Dorrell were in contact at least as far back as Sept. 12. The university provided nearly seven months of Petrino's business cellphone records, and that is the first date listed. Among the findings:

Petrino, a married father of four, exchanged 91 texts with Dorrell on Sept. 13 and 84 texts with her over five hours on Oct. 28, the day before a game at Vanderbilt. On Oct. 17, the two swapped 73 text messages, and on four days in a row in the week before a loss to eventual national champion Alabama, Petrino called Dorrell early -- at 5:52 a.m., 6:35 a.m., 5:49 a.m. and 7:55 a.m. The day Arkansas beat Troy, the two exchanged 70 texts. They exchanged 26 texts the day Arkansas beat Mississippi State and four following the Razorbacks' loss to LSU on Nov. 25. Dorrell sent Petrino during Arkansas' Cotton Bowl win over Kansas State, though the coach didn't reply until the following day.

The 51-year-old Petrino built Arkansas into a national power, including a 21-5 record over the past two seasons and a No. 5 ranking in last season's final AP poll. He was expected to lead the Hogs on a national title run next season, but his career was effectively ended the day of the accident.

Petrino didn't disclose her presence on the ride until the police report was issued; he told his boss, athletic director Jeff Long, about 20 minutes before the report was released to the public.

The records show Petrino's six-minute call to Long at 3:11 p.m., the call during which the coach first told Long of his inappropriate relationship with Dorrell and her presence at the accident.

Petrino has issued a lengthy apology and said he was focused on trying to make amends to his family.

Petrino, mistress exchanged 100s of calls, texts *| ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/sports/petrino-mistress-exchanged-100s-1413847.html - broken link)
this was on our local news last night. I also wonder what has happened to her fiance? All that is known or was reported yesterday was his name no longer appears on the UofA website.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:35 AM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football