U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 AM

8,439 posts, read 8,474,391 times

Advertisements

Lost her job, lost her fiance, lost her reputation, all to bang her daddy figure for a new car.

Classic example of stupid.

She'll have to change her name and move out of state, or else flip burgers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,428,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Not even a couple of months (well we don't know how long she might have been working for him? ) Actually job wise, it was less than a month. I wish I could get paid 34,000.00 for 3 weeks work? Of course I am not a 25 year old sexy blond!! I am not even a blond anymore.
Lol... I guess blondes do it $34K times better!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 PM

920 posts, read 1,540,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He isn't that good looking!!! Maybe that is her fiance or x whatever?
Funny the richer a guy is, the more intelligent, handsomer and taller he is to women. And Petrino was pulling in down over $2million, so she had millions of reasons to find him her mack daddy.....

Old 04-18-2012, 10:01 PM

920 posts, read 1,540,724 times
U of Arkansas gets about 18% of its athletic budget funding from donations and about 3% from the school. But those donations are all tax free due to the belief that college sports is part of the non profit academic institution. In other words, if it weren't for the public subsidies, the U of A would be running in the red. University athletic departments have been running this scam for years, that they should be allowed to give away tax deductions because rich people want tickets and make donations which they can then use as write offs.

The reason this is a problem in this case is that Petrino hired his girlfriend to a make work job and no one seemed to care what she did, or if she was qualified. The only way that the AD can make the claim that they're autonomous is by keeping the tax dodge/subsidy going, in order to make it appear that they're making money. But the AD/Petrino have no qualms at hiring even more "administrators" to make believe jobs in order to justify more tuition increases. The whole thing is about how out of control college spending has become and the increased layers of school administration which supposedly is needed to oversee all this mess. How many more make believe jobs exist in college land?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:41 AM

5,981 posts, read 16,390,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I read this article yesterday. It's a tad over the top on the condescension scale for me:
How Jessica Dorrell hurt women trying to work in college football - NCAA Football - SI.com
After reading the article, I think the writer may be confused. The glass ceiling for women in football may be bulletproof glass and difficult to penetrate altogether, not necessarily started by Jessica Dorrell. And in the wake of the Sandusky fiasco, a LOT of improprieties are being looked at with regard to sports. There are most likely far few coaches willing to be one-on-one in the showers with student athletes than there were previously. Avoid the very appearance of evil and all...but this caution extends to more than sports. I'm pretty sure a few government figures got a little more careful during the Clinton mess; surely there are Secret Service agents who are now avoiding parties like the plague. It just happens - it's backlash and people get super cautious after a scandal. Especially if you value your job - and even more so if there's a skeleton that could fall out of your closet.

This writer needs to more closely examine her relationship with people who "want to see her succeed". If she was dropped from consideration for a luncheon because of Dorrell, that's just sad. And paranoid. The interviewer's desire to see her succeed was obviously outweighed by other considerations. If you can't stand up to the scrutiny of being seen at a luncheon with a potential employee, who wants that person taking their back anyway? As for being overlooked for the U of A job, she has 158 other compadres who can make the same claim.

All that being said, I doubt that Dorrell is to females in football what 911 was to air travel. This will blow over - it's a 50+ year old man who went chasing the younger tail. I don't think Dorrell is a death blow to women in football, and I think breaking in is no different today than it was three weeks ago. It is what it is - pretty much a man's club. Good luck.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:01 PM

5,417 posts, read 7,761,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
After reading the article, I think the writer may be confused. The glass ceiling for women in football may be bulletproof glass and difficult to penetrate altogether, not necessarily started by Jessica Dorrell. And in the wake of the Sandusky fiasco, a LOT of improprieties are being looked at with regard to sports. There are most likely far few coaches willing to be one-on-one in the showers with student athletes than there were previously. Avoid the very appearance of evil and all...but this caution extends to more than sports. I'm pretty sure a few government figures got a little more careful during the Clinton mess; surely there are Secret Service agents who are now avoiding parties like the plague. It just happens - it's backlash and people get super cautious after a scandal. Especially if you value your job - and even more so if there's a skeleton that could fall out of your closet.

This writer needs to more closely examine her relationship with people who "want to see her succeed". If she was dropped from consideration for a luncheon because of Dorrell, that's just sad. And paranoid. The interviewer's desire to see her succeed was obviously outweighed by other considerations. If you can't stand up to the scrutiny of being seen at a luncheon with a potential employee, who wants that person taking their back anyway? As for being overlooked for the U of A job, she has 158 other compadres who can make the same claim.

All that being said, I doubt that Dorrell is to females in football what 911 was to air travel. This will blow over - it's a 50+ year old man who went chasing the younger tail. I don't think Dorrell is a death blow to women in football, and I think breaking in is no different today than it was three weeks ago. It is what it is - pretty much a man's club. Good luck.
Excellent post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football