Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 10:01 PM

63 posts, read 107,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
As a Virginia Tech fan, I personally like the status quo ACC. It's a great place for us, and I'll admit, I enjoy being a big fish in a small pond. It's nice that I can drive to half our conference in about 5 hours. That said, if the ACC implodes, I want Virginia Tech in the SEC and I think we'd do really well in the SEC-East.
I seriously hope there will be no more conference expansion, especially among the major conferences. However, I doubt the Big 12 will be satisfied with 10. If FSU and Clemson do jump to the Big 12 which I expect, the ACC will likely implode; the SEC are looking at Virginia Tech and North Carolina State for new markets. Some schools will look to the B1G but I believe they are settled where they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 10:25 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,935,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaebie View Post
I seriously hope there will be no more conference expansion, especially among the major conferences. However, I doubt the Big 12 will be satisfied with 10. If FSU and Clemson do jump to the Big 12 which I expect, the ACC will likely implode; the SEC are looking at Virginia Tech and North Carolina State for new markets. Some schools will look to the B1G but I believe they are settled where they are.
Not gonna happen. Neither school will join a conference structured to favor Texas.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Not gonna happen. Neither school will join a conference structured to favor Texas.
They both have stated they want in. The big 12 seems recluctant to accept them though.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:54 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
They both have stated they want in. The big 12 seems recluctant to accept them though.

here you go with that false reporting again...

post a link where anyone from Clemson or FSU said they want in the Big12?

The Big12 is the one doing the reaching...

"Former Seminoles football star and former university Board of Trustees member Derrick Brooks said on national radio that the Big 12 Conference reached out to FSU, not the other way around."

"The Big 12 is coming after us," Brooks added. "There's no doubt we're going to listen. If anyone comes in and talks, there's no harm in listening to what the pitch is. There's been no commitment at all."

From: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...-12/55029626/1

Last edited by Mr. GE; 05-29-2012 at 10:11 AM..

Old 05-29-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
here you go with that false reporting again...

post a link where anyone from Clemson or FSU said they want in the Big12?

The Big12 is the one doing the reaching...

"Former Seminoles football star and former university Board of Trustees member Derrick Brooks said on national radio that the Big 12 Conference reached out to FSU, not the other way around."

"The Big 12 is coming after us," Brooks added. "There's no doubt we're going to listen. If anyone comes in and talks, there's no harm in listening to what the pitch is. There's been no commitment at all."

From: Derrick Brooks adds fuel to Florida State-Big 12 fire
Fsu coach and trustees have said they want in the big 12. Clemson is committed to tbe acc but willing to consider other conferences, which is a polite way of saying they are not committed. Both schools are on record indirectly saying they want in the big 12. Big 12 has not said anything.

Word is big 12 is exploring how much revenue they would bring in before accepting them. Both teams are willing to leave the irrelevant acc in a heartbeat if the more prestigous big 12 takes them.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:37 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I think perhaps if we ever get to a national playoff it will mean less conferences. Its likel;y to be a conference based playoff system.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think perhaps if we ever get to a national playoff it will mean less conferences. Its likel;y to be a conference based playoff system.
With the playoff system the only conferences that matter will be big 12/10, sec, and pac. Acc will become like a spare tire. It will be relevant on rare occasions but most years it wont be a factor. That is why some schools want out.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:35 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,540 times
Quote:
Fsu coach and trustees have said they want in the big 12.
Post the links saying this please... I'll be waiting

Quote:
Clemson is committed to tbe acc but willing to consider other conferences, which is a polite way of saying they are not committed. Both schools are on record indirectly saying they want in the big 12. Big 12 has not said anything.
On record... indirectly.

Havoc you are killing us... All this stuff are things you heard at the local barbershop and read in the same blogs that everyone else read. None of what you are saying is even remotely credible... and you do not add any validity to any of the rumors.

I think you should do us all a favor and stop making up these stories.

The sad part is I am afraid you really believe you are providing us with inside information...

Old 05-29-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:

On record... indirectly.

Havoc you are killing us... All this stuff are things you heard at the local barbershop and read in the same blogs that everyone else read. None of what you are saying is even remotely credible... and you do not add any validity to any of the rumors.

I think you should do us all a favor and stop making up these stories.

The sad part is I am afraid you really believe you are providing us with inside information...
As soon as i get homr no problem. Hard to do from my phone. For the record evertone has aaccepted this except acc boosters who are pissed that their comference is a glorified big e and irrelevant.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately for you I have several links.

First off here is a qoute from a FSU official showing that not only has the Big 12 not contacted FSU, but FSU is letting the Big 12 knowing they are interested.

Quote:
Two weeks after igniting the Florida State to the Big 12 fires, Florida State Board of Trustees chairman Andy Haggard is talking to the media about his school's future once again.

Haggard told the Tallahassee Democrat that the Big 12 has not had any contact with Florida State about joining the conference.

“We have not heard a thing and we have not approached them and they have not approached us,” said Haggard. “If anybody approaches us, we are certainly going to listen to them. We have an obligation to Florida State to listen. You can't close the door.”
game over GE.

Quote:
And on Thursday, the chairman of Clemson's board of trustees said that the Tigers have not received any offers to move out of the ACC either, though cautioned that the school would listen if a serious one came along.
Double checkmate GE

Quote:
While the school has released statements reaffirming its commitment to the ACC, the chair of the school's board of trustees and Fisher both said this weekend they would have no problem if the Seminoles looked elsewhere to gauge what is in their best interest.
another nail

So im not sure why you mistakenly thought the Big 12 was reaching out to the ACC. Both ACC teams have stated that is not the case, so either you were lying or are ignorant of the situation. Either way the matter has been put to rest. Also, unlike you, I actually use sources and dont make things up so I am able to back up everything I am saying, unlike you.

Now teams dont publicly announce they are interested in hearing offers from other conferences unless they are willing to leave. Since the Big 12 has not contacted them the ACC teams are trying to tell the Big 12 to make them an offer.

(Edit- two sentences deleted) FSU and Clemson definitely announced they want in. The ball is now in the Big 12's court. If they want these teams they can get them, because let's face it the ACC sucks.

(Edit-One paragraph deleted)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 05-29-2012 at 09:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football