Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 05:46 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,881,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-SSiPP View Post
Just a quick glimse of how I view them, I don't think Kentucky will get a bowl but you never know!
The probability is 4-6 teams will not make bowl games...

As much as love the SEC, the entire conference will not be good.

And I wouldn't want them to be, because it means some of the great teams would lose to the just better than avg teams. Thats not good for the conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 05:51 PM

601 posts, read 1,071,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I guess what I'm really trying to say is Mizzou better get much, much more physical on both lines. Their OL must have great footwork, violent hands and be able to move the big DL's in the SEC. If they can't achieve that, it won't matter who the QB or RB is. But, hey, they did land a stud in Green-Beckham.
LOL, yeah a lot of their fans don't see that, they only view is that Mizzou has a good record vs the SEC! But they will soon realize it's totally different when battling in conference! Mizzou located in the central part of the country, that's a good position, but keeping in state talent and the Texas connect would be cool but most importantly the Southeast region! They have a tough schedule, not tougher than Ole Miss, A&M, or Notre Dame though!

Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
The probability is 4-6 teams will not make bowl games...

As much as love the SEC, the entire conference will not be good.

And I wouldn't want them to be, because it means some of the great teams would lose to the just better than avg teams. Thats not good for the conference.
Yeah you do have a point though, but what happen to Ole Miss, a few years ago they went to the Cotton Bowl for consecutive years, and beat Texas Tech and Oklahoma State! The Land Sharks was tough!

Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,489,656 times
Quote:
LOL, yeah a lot of their fans don't see that, they only view is that Mizzou has a good record vs the SEC! But they will soon realize it's totally different when battling in conference! Mizzou located in the central part of the country, that's a good position, but keeping in state talent and the Texas connect would be cool but most importantly the Southeast region! They have a tough schedule, not tougher than Ole Miss, A&M, or Notre Dame though!
Any prediction on the W/L records for Mizzou, A&M and Ole Miss after the season is over but before the bowl games?

Old 06-24-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Any prediction on the W/L records for Mizzou, A&M and Ole Miss after the season is over but before the bowl games?
Mizzou could be 6-6 or 7-5, Ole Miss 6-6 and honestly A&M might not get a bowl this yr, but if their QB can show up 7-5 or 6-6 and they have some good players on that team, it just the QB thing, how well they oline hold up and how the QB reacts to pressure! They're going to get tested in week 1 vs LA Tech, but true test is when Florida come to town! And they can lose to Ole Miss and especially Miss State! It's going to be interesting man! It's going to be a grind every week, if they fell to show up, then it's lights out!

Old 06-24-2012, 06:46 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,489,656 times
I cannot say I disagree with your predictions.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I cannot say I disagree with your predictions.
And, A&M, Vandy and Ole Miss had Arky on the ropes but they're an explosive team came back and prevail!

Old 06-24-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah you do have a point though, but what happen to Ole Miss, a few years ago they went to the Cotton Bowl for consecutive years, and beat Texas Tech and Oklahoma State! The Land Sharks was tough!
I never said they haven't had good teams... I'm talking now.

But the fact that they are one of 3 teams (excluding Mizzou & A&M of course) that have never been to a championship game says a lot about their pgm in the past few decades.

KY being a basketball school has an excuse...
Vandy being an academic school has an excuse...

What's Ole Miss' excuse?

And don't say talent... they consistently put out top NFL talent.

If the SEC were to re-evaluate criteria for being in the conference. Ole Miss wouldn't even be in... they benefit from already being a part of the conference. I have no problem with Ole Miss... So don't think I'm bashing them. But they are what they are... And that's a doormat right now

Old 06-25-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I never said they haven't had good teams... I'm talking now.

But the fact that they are one of 3 teams (excluding Mizzou & A&M of course) that have never been to a championship game says a lot about their pgm in the past few decades.

KY being a basketball school has an excuse...
Vandy being an academic school has an excuse...

What's Ole Miss' excuse?

And don't say talent... they consistently put out top NFL talent.

If the SEC were to re-evaluate criteria for being in the conference. Ole Miss wouldn't even be in... they benefit from already being a part of the conference. I have no problem with Ole Miss... So don't think I'm bashing them. But they are what they are... And that's a doormat right now
I don't know what happen to them, they have some good talent, the only thing I can see is there's no chemistry there, Miss State has chemistry! But I think Freeze going to bring a different attitude there!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I don't know what happen to them, they have some good talent, the only thing I can see is there's no chemistry there, Miss State has chemistry! But I think Freeze going to bring a different attitude there!

Nothing... they have been this way forever.

They have not won an SEC title since 1963. So I have no memory of them EVER being a factor. So this is why I feel like your optimism is unfounded. They are not even talented right now, have a new coach, and they play in the toughest division in all of college football. They will be lucky to win 3 games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football