U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:11 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,128,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You call it messed up.... I call it BEAUTIFUL! This is probably the best thing to happen to college football. All the teams that are supposed to be at the top are losing and some of the "unheard of schools" are getting a chance to step up and show the nation what they can really do.

I'm a TCU and Texas fan, so I'm pretty much looking forward to the rest of the NFL season now than college (Go Cowboys!!!...even though New England mopped the floor with us) but it's great to see what's happening now.

Whose going to see themselves in an upset this week?
That's right folks, I'm actually EXPECTING an upset......
Well- messed up from the (ex) gambler's standpoint... lol

I'd expect South Florida to go down at Rutgers tomorrow night. Maybe it's homer-ism, but I have a funny feeling about it. We'll see...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 07:44 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,682,373 times
The way this season is going, South Florida could go down against Rutgers, win out, and still make it to the National Championship game. As one local sports pundit stated "The computers love USF". South Florida....no longer Bull****

Old 10-18-2007, 09:37 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 1,935,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Don't worry- the South Florida Bulls will be there to halt their march in the end

What a messed up season this is...
South Florida just bit the big one.
Another one bites the dust.

USF 27--Rutgers 30
Final

Old 10-18-2007, 09:59 PM

2,541 posts, read 10,396,673 times
See I predicted in my "Rutgers will go undefeated" thread that USF would lose at Rutgers.

As I have already stated: OSU will lose at PSU. I suspect BC to be the only undefeated team this year. All the other teams will lose again.

Rutgers will go undefeated for rest of season and take on Cincy in a big east championship and completely destroy them. Then they will face UMD again in a bowl game and get their revenge.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:15 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,128,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
See I predicted in my "Rutgers will go undefeated" thread that USF would lose at Rutgers.

As I have already stated: OSU will lose at PSU. I suspect BC to be the only undefeated team this year. All the other teams will lose again.

Rutgers will go undefeated for rest of season and take on Cincy in a big east championship and completely destroy them. Then they will face UMD again in a bowl game and get their revenge.
Since when does the Big East have a championship game? IIRC, last year Louisville got the BCS bid based on West Virginia's regular-season finale win against Rutgers.

Last edited by mb919; 10-18-2007 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: fuzzy on details

Old 10-19-2007, 06:34 AM

2,356 posts, read 2,651,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
but here is how it works in the BCS if you are undefeated in a major confrence you get to play for the national championship. Period.
The 2004 Auburn team comes to mind.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:35 AM

40 posts, read 22,855 times
Nope boston college is gonna lose next week to virginia tech, also notre dame is gonna whoop usc this weekend we actually have a quarterback with a brain in there now. and usc barely squeeked by arizona and they lost to stanford! championship game will be south florida vs kentucky!

Old 10-19-2007, 08:10 AM

1,640 posts, read 4,235,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
The 2004 Auburn team comes to mind.
2003 USC also comes to mind

Old 10-19-2007, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
2003 USC also comes to mind
The GP was talking about undefeated teams (from a major conf.) being guaranteed a NC spot.

2003 USC wasn't undefeated. 2004 Auburn was.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntraveler14 View Post
championship game will be south florida vs kentucky!
Besides the fact that UK lost to South Carolina already, they still have to play Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida. If by some act of God they beat all three of those, they still must beat the SEC west champ, which will probably be LSU, and they won't have homefield advantage this time.

If USF wins out, they'll probably end up being one of the lowest-ranked out of a long line of 1-loss teams.

I guess anything can happen, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football