Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 11:31 AM

352 posts, read 794,039 times

Advertisements

The Mountaineers Of West Virginia have yet to play a ranked team this season....so it remains to be seen if this powerhouse team is as "ready" as everyone seems to think.

They have blown the socks off of Marshall and James Madison...but,really...just warm-up type games (sorry).

As a lifelong Mountaineers fan, am looking forward to an interesting season in the Big 12 conference, and as a lover of all things West Virginia..."Let's Go Mounties!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 11:53 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,831,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVBurn View Post
The Mountaineers Of West Virginia have yet to play a ranked team this season....so it remains to be seen if this powerhouse team is as "ready" as everyone seems to think.

They have blown the socks off of Marshall and James Madison...but,really...just warm-up type games (sorry).

As a lifelong Mountaineers fan, am looking forward to an interesting season in the Big 12 conference, and as a lover of all things West Virginia..."Let's Go Mounties!"
I think that point is fair right now.

They did kill Marshall and JMU but that was to be expected, and anything short of a blowout would have reflected badly on WVU. It is really not to October that WVU will face a tough big 12 opponent, and the Okie game will kinda be a big deal.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:29 PM

12,864 posts, read 13,163,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I think that point is fair right now.

They did kill Marshall and JMU but that was to be expected, and anything short of a blowout would have reflected badly on WVU. It is really not to October that WVU will face a tough big 12 opponent, and the Okie game will kinda be a big deal.
I look for Baylor, OSU, KSU, & OU to give them a tussle.

Texas is overrated and is not ready for primetime - perhaps next year.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:28 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,831,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post

Baylor maybe. The rest I agree will be challenging.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:54 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,575,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post

ut will take osu to the woodshed. The OU game is always a tossup. Baylor. meh. KSU has your number though. I don't see a win for texas in the little apple this year.

They probably go 2-2 in those games. 3-1 would be overachieving but possible.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:15 PM

709 posts, read 1,394,440 times
Between Baylor, OSU, KSU, OU and WVU I think Texas will go 3-2. I would be very happy with a 3-2. But 2-3 is highly likely too.

Baylor - UT Win
OSU - UT Win
KSU - LOL! I've long since given up on us winning that game
OU - Toss up
WVU - Toss up

I don't share ScoPro's pessimism about this years team. Texas is not a title contender. That I agree. It isn't a Bama/LSU or Oregon. But it is a hell of a lot better than recent years. Last week the O was unstoppable. The D was a utter and complete mess, with moments of brilliance. Super frustrating!! The tools are all there on that D to be one of the best. But it keeps giving up messy plays.

Forgot TCU. This year I think they are a pretty easy win. But we sure as heck better not underestimate them. They are the kinda team that could take a hell of a mean bite out of your backside if you ain't looking.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:00 AM

5,542 posts, read 9,436,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Grades Week 2:
K-State/A
Iowa St./A-
Texas/B+
TCU/B
Texas Tech/B
Oklahoma/B-
Okie State/D+ (Turnovers)
Kansas/F (Rice?)
Grades Week 3:
TCU/A
Texas/A-
Texas Tech/B+
Okie State/B
Iowa St./B
K-State/C-
Baylor/C-
Kansas/D

Old 09-18-2012, 11:30 AM

882 posts, read 2,082,666 times
Quote:
Grades Week 3:
Hmmm. Something seems missing from that list. Can't quite put my finger on it, though.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayess1 View Post
Hmmm. Something seems missing from that list. Can't quite put my finger on it, though.
Yeh, I'm sorry about that. I forgot that the WVU/James Madison showdown wasn't actually a chess match, but an actual football game.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Yeh, I'm sorry about that. I forgot that the WVU/James Madison showdown wasn't actually a chess match, but an actual football game.
Let's try this again with West Virginy in the mix:

Grades Week 3:
TCU/A
Texas/A-
Texas Tech/B+
Okie State/B
Iowa St./B
West Virginia/B
K-State/C-
Baylor/C-
Kansas/D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football