Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:52 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times

Advertisements

I usually can't stand it when other teams change their gear, but for some reason, it works for me when I see the Ducks. I guess that's the one school that somehow gets a pass in my mind -- maybe it's the fact that Phil Knight's no doubt behind the designs. Oregon aside, I love LSU's white unis (white helmets, too). It's tradition.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:15 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I usually can't stand it when other teams change their gear, but for some reason, it works for me when I see the Ducks. I guess that's the one school that somehow gets a pass in my mind -- maybe it's the fact that Phil Knight's no doubt behind the designs. Oregon aside, I love LSU's white unis (white helmets, too). It's tradition.
I love LSU's yellow helmet. Other than Oregon's, I think I like that helmet the next best.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense Sailor dude. 3 straight Pac-10 championships, 3 straight BCS bowls, a recent Natty appearance (and one of only two teams not a traditional power to make the Natty- the other being Va Tech). A 39-6 record under a 3 year coach.

Yeah, we just want to look good and never really don't too much. In case you haven't noticed since you have been back from your long voyage, a lot of teams have alternative jerseys and helmets. Times are a changing and it is all about money. Man, what cracks do some of these people come out of?

Set sail Captain Stubbens and come back with something, anything, original. All hands on deck.
NCAA Championship? No. Try again. Money spent on eye burning uniforms should have been spent trying to get the team to the BCS Championship game. But fashion is just so important to the Ducks. What's next, rinestones, sequence, and shoes that light up? Maybe helmets with built in LED displays to make the uniform "pop"!

Old 09-06-2012, 09:30 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
It's because they have little to no historical tradition. They are creating it as we type. Good for them. As much as I should hate them, and I pretty much do, I just can't hate those unis. Week after week they are beyond sick.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:37 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
NCAA Championship? No. Try again. Money spent on eye burning uniforms should have been spent trying to get the team to the BCS Championship game. But fashion is just so important to the Ducks. What's next, rinestones, sequence, and shoes that light up? Maybe helmets with built in LED displays to make the uniform "pop"!
Yeah, maybe. We'd look great in sequins- especially ones that sparkle green and yellow. It's just a real shame to have the founder of the most powerful sports company that has ever been created as a proud alum.

The greater question is, do you follow football? You seem to be a bit confused and not really up on current affairs- we have been to the Natty (translation- what Oregon fans annoyingly refer to the BCS National Championship) and have as recently as last year won a BCS Rose Bowl.

But, I guess that just makes us only into fashion in some people's eyes.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:34 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Yeah, maybe. We'd look great in sequins- especially ones that sparkle green and yellow. It's just a real shame to have the founder of the most powerful sports company that has ever been created as a proud alum.

The greater question is, do you follow football? You seem to be a bit confused and not really up on current affairs- we have been to the Natty (translation- what Oregon fans annoyingly refer to the BCS National Championship) and have as recently as last year won a BCS Rose Bowl.

But, I guess that just makes us only into fashion in some people's eyes.
Oops, forgot about that game. My mistake. I still stand by my statement on the uniforms. Come on, pick a style and make evolutionary changes in style/pattern. True, other universities do change their uniform, but even with the changes you can still recognize which university is on the field. Yes, I'm still fairly new to college football. Married my wife 6 1/2 years ago and she's a hard core LSU fan and she's dragged me into college football. She likes to tell people she went to LSU, Louisiana State Unemployment.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:14 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Oops, forgot about that game. My mistake. I still stand by my statement on the uniforms. Come on, pick a style and make evolutionary changes in style/pattern. True, other universities do change their uniform, but even with the changes you can still recognize which university is on the field. Yes, I'm still fairly new to college football. Married my wife 6 1/2 years ago and she's a hard core LSU fan and she's dragged me into college football. She likes to tell people she went to LSU, Louisiana State Unemployment.
When I was still in Louisiana, LSU's law school grads had a higher first-time state bar pass rate than Tulane grads. Don't know if that's still true, though.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:40 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times
Kaukai, you lost me at "Alabama's 2nd and 3rd string defense wouldn't give up 30 points to Arkansas State. First of all that's highly likely, and second your probably underating Arkansas State a little too much. I haven't even checked what they did last week but I'm willing to bet theyre not a bad team really.

So arguing with this guy is fruitless. Glad I missed all the action.

Just make sure your around at the end of the year.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:59 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Kaukai, you lost me at "Alabama's 2nd and 3rd string defense wouldn't give up 30 points to Arkansas State. First of all that's highly likely, and second your probably underating Arkansas State a little too much. I haven't even checked what they did last week but I'm willing to bet theyre not a bad team really.

So arguing with this guy is fruitless. Glad I missed all the action.

Just make sure your around at the end of the year.
Was your post directed at me? If so, last year the most points Bama gave up in a game was 21 against Georgia Southern. The difference bewteen Bama/LSU and everyone else is quality depth. Two weeks into the season and Oregon is giving up more than 30 points a game. If I was an Oregon fan and hoping to play in the NC game, I would be concerned.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:55 PM

11,252 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Now Oregon can prepare for their first real opponent of the year so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football