U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-07-2012, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
14,095 posts, read 23,680,579 times
Reputation: 7984

Advertisements

This is for the past 20 years and Tim Tebow doesn't count yet. He's still iffy. We know about the greatest draft bust from LSU to Oakland, Jamarcus Russell (Ryan Leif thanks you!). Has there been any SEC quarterbacks that we're successful in the NFL as a starter? It just seems the SEC, while kicking butt in the BCS, doesn't produce NFL quarterbacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-07-2012, 09:05 PM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,413,148 times
Reputation: 1322
Eli Mannning
Matt Stafford
Peyton Manning
Cam Newton


I'll start there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 10:12 PM
 
1,640 posts, read 4,229,210 times
Reputation: 1002
I'll add-

Jay Cutler

Jason Campbell and Rex Grossman have both started some games, too, but probably wouldn't put them in the success category.

I don't think any one conference can claim QB dominance in the NFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2012, 10:32 PM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,413,148 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
I don't think any one conference can claim QB dominance in the NFL.
Great point...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 AM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
6,557 posts, read 10,264,564 times
Reputation: 9796
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
This is for the past 20 years and Tim Tebow doesn't count yet. He's still iffy. We know about the greatest draft bust from LSU to Oakland, Jamarcus Russell (Ryan Leif thanks you!). Has there been any SEC quarterbacks that we're successful in the NFL as a starter? It just seems the SEC, while kicking butt in the BCS, doesn't produce NFL quarterbacks.
Tebow has all the intangibles of a Hall Of Fame QB and the throwing ability of the gatorade boy. He had a full offseason to work on his craptastic delivery and poor timing and it didn't help. If he doesn't have it now, he never will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2012, 02:41 PM
 
4,158 posts, read 7,911,351 times
Reputation: 2371
Even "QB U" aka USC has had their hit and misses. Carson Palmer, Marc Sanchez, Matt Leinhart, Matt Barkley????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2012, 07:55 AM
 
3,722 posts, read 3,878,758 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Eli Mannning
Matt Stafford
Peyton Manning
Cam Newton


I'll start there...
The jury is still out on Cam Newton being successful.......

Tom Brady - Big Ten
Drew Brees - Big Ten
Aaron Rodgers - Pac 12

2 out of the top 3 QBs in the NFL came from the Big Ten conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2012, 09:22 AM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,413,148 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The jury is still out on Cam Newton being successful.......

Tom Brady - Big Ten
Drew Brees - Big Ten
Aaron Rodgers - Pac 12

2 out of the top 3 QBs in the NFL came from the Big Ten conference.
That's your list....

Peyton & Eli Manning are from the SEC...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 AM
 
16,522 posts, read 20,969,751 times
Reputation: 47952
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
This is for the past 20 years
Good thing.

Because if you go back over twenty years there are five quarterbacks from SEC schools in the NFL Hall Of Fame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2012, 12:08 PM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,413,148 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Good thing.

Because if you go back over twenty years there are five quarterbacks from SEC schools in the NFL Hall Of Fame.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top