Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which teams are you top five? Choose five
Alabama 9 90.00%
Oregon 9 90.00%
LSU 9 90.00%
Georgia 5 50.00%
South Carolina 3 30.00%
Florida State 5 50.00%
West Virginia 2 20.00%
Stanford 2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 11:31 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times

Advertisements

Okay, folks...here's what I have for my top five:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Georgia
4. LSU
5. South Carolina

I think it's entirely possible that LSU just had a bad game, but the bigger concern is that Mettenberger really had problems in his first SEC test. In all fairness, I think Auburn just got up for the game and played outstanding defense. The defensive line for Auburn played better against LSU than they did against Miss. St. Also, Mett fumbled a few times. LSU should have won this game by a larger margin...hopefully it's just a learning experience.

Meanwhile, Georgia and South Carolina had their best games in quite some time. Both played dominant ball. And I guess Mizzou is now beginning to find out what it means to play in the SEC. 'Grandpa football'....lol! Big 12, lololololol!!!!! Wuss conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 11:39 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
How is Oregon ranked ahead of Georgia? Oregon played every game so far with it's 1st team defense, and they've already let Arizona get in the red zone six times... High quality teams in the SEC would score if you let them get in the red zone over five times.. The difference in the game would come down to the running game of UGA wearing down Oregon's defense over 4th quarters...

Georgia is blowing out teams, and doesn't even need the full 1st team defense.... If Oregon had played Mizzou without four defensive starters(all NFL draft picks) they would have given up 40 instead of the 21 scored on Georgia...

Old 09-22-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
How is Oregon ranked ahead of Georgia? Oregon played every game so far with it's 1st team defense, and they've already let Arizona get in the red zone six times... High quality teams in the SEC would score if you let them get in the red zone over five times.. The difference in the game would come down to the running game of UGA wearing down Oregon's defense over 4th quarters...

Georgia is blowing out teams, and doesn't even need the full 1st team defense.... If Oregon had played Mizzou without four defensive starters they would have given up 40 instead of the 21 scored on Georgia...
The Ducks let Zona get in the red zone six times...and yet Zona scored ZERO points. Ought to tell you something, eh?

Georgia's a solid team - won't say otherwise. But I'd worry about winning the division and then the conference first before worrying about Oregon.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:54 PM

Nobody from Georgia is worrying about Oregon, because Alabama, South Carolina, LSU, etc can easily beat them any day... Oregon is a good team, but they wouldn't be able to keep UGA, Alabama, etc from scoring under 25-30... Oregon also has to play USC, and Stanford will probably run for over 200 yards against them...

The Alabama offense isn't on the level of UGA...

Old 09-23-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Nobody from Georgia is worrying about Oregon, because Alabama, South Carolina, LSU, etc can easily beat them any day... Oregon has to play USC, and Stanford will run for over 200 yards against them...

Oregon has proven it can win the PAC 12; Ga. hasn't proven it can win the SEC in quite some time. Not since, what, 2005? Worry about first things first bro. Callin' out the defending national champ when you ain't even won your conference in almost a decade? LOL! Not only that but Florida and S.C. are bringin' it.

Personally, my pick to win the SEC was UGA. I picked UGA to play Oregon in the natty. But there's a lotta ball left. Won't be easy. I'd say Oregon's the #2 right now. UGA's close, but we'll just have to see.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:02 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
Nobody from Georgia is worrying about Oregon, because Alabama, South Carolina, LSU, etc can easily beat them any day... Oregon has to play USC, and Stanford will run for over 200 yards against them...

Of course no one from UGA is worrying about the Ducks. I mean, once you cower out of a series you try not to think about how pathetic that really is. But I get it. Colorado was a tough haul. I sure hate going against that meatgrinder of a team.

Stick with SEC football bro. It is clear that you know absolutely nothing about the Pac-12. I mean, if you did you would have realized the Ducks have clobbered Stanford the last 2 years and they had some QB that was kinda good.

1. Bama
2. LSU
3. Oregon
4. FSU
5. UGA

Last edited by Acuda; 09-23-2012 at 12:17 AM..

Old 09-23-2012, 12:32 AM

The PAC 12 is very weak compared to the overall competition of the SEC... Winning the SEC championship doesn't really mean anything in the long run.. That's why a team can finish second in the SEC East/West, but still win the national championship.. LSU won the SEC versus Georgia last year, but lost the national championship to Alabama...

SEC champions
2000 - Florida
2001 - LSU
2002 - Georgia
2003 - LSU
2004 - Auburn
2005 - Georgia
2006 - Florida
2007 - LSU
2008 - Florida
2009 - Alabama
2010 - Auburn
2011 - LSU

Old 09-23-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Of course no one from UGA is worrying about the Ducks. I mean, once you cower out of a series you try not to think about how pathetic that really is. But I get it. Colorado was a tough haul. I sure hate going against that meatgrinder of a team.

Stick with SEC football bro. It is clear that you know absolutely nothing about the Pac-12. I mean, if you did you would have realized the Ducks have clobbered Stanford the last 2 years and they had some QB that was kinda good.

1. Bama
2. LSU
3. Oregon
4. FSU
5. UGA
I noticed you had to mention by far the worst UGA(2010) team between 2000-2010.. Colorado was at home, and barely won the game 29-27..... It's pretty sad Colorado could only beat the worst team under head coach Mark Richt by two points at home.. What happens if UGA played Colorado this year?

The fact remains UGA would easily wear down Oregon over 4 quarters...

Last edited by nortonguy; 09-23-2012 at 01:06 AM..

Old 09-23-2012, 01:03 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
I noticed you had to mention by far the worst UGA(2010) team between 2000-2010.. Colorado was at home, and barely won the game 29-27..... It's pretty sad Colorado could only beat the worst team under head coach Mark Richt.. What happens if UGA played Colorado this year?

The fact remains UGA would easily wear down Oregon over 4 quarters...
UGA hasn't frightened anyone since Hershell, man. No one should lose to CU at any point after the early 90s. But, as long as you feel UGA would wear the Ducks down, that is all that really matters. But, you have such a keen eye for football I hope to continue to hear you marginalize every other team not named Bama, LSU, and of course UGA. Oregon wouldn't stand a chance vs. the Dawgs

Oh yes, the old Auburn was weak argument. There it is. Well, it matters little because you guys were garbage. And with all that talent you get year in and year out you should be ashamed that is the product you have been putting out on the field. Too bad y'all backed out of that series. I can tell you one thing, we ain't Colorado or Michigan State.

Who knows, maybe we'll meet in the Natty (I think we'll be there next year- not this year).

Last edited by Acuda; 09-23-2012 at 01:28 AM..

Old 09-23-2012, 01:28 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
1. 'Bama

2-120. Everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football