Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 06:01 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,956,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Georgia Bulldog fans are by far the most obnoxious fans I ever encountered. SEC fans used to be pretty decent. Last couple years they take the cake. Comparing themselves to the NFL???? WTF. They take the cake.
Bingo. UGA fans have no history of winning, no recent trend of success, no recent Heisman players, etc. Yet to hear them talk one would think their team has 10 National Championships and a multitude of Heisman winners and contenders. Their supposed "rivalry" with Florida is a joke because Florida has dominated it in a very lopsided fashion. I married a Gator fan but I'm from the midwest, I'm a Notre Dame fan. When I moved down here I had no dog in the hunt as far as the SEC went. I cheered for Florida because my wife loves them but man, 5 years of dealing with Georgia fans really makes me despise that team. Every year they are supposedly the greatest team in college football and you get threads like this: http://www.city-data.com/forum/colle...-complete.html I mean Oregon is a fraud? C'mon now. In short, I hate Georgia. Although I hate no team more than Michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,433,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
That explains why you hate UF fans so much.
You stated you follow UF. That is your stance. I have visited the place as a UCF fan and as a FSU student/alumni. My opinion of the UF fans was created as a UCF fan, not as a FSU fan. Note UCF is not a rival of UF, has never been favored within 2 scores (maybe even 3 or 4 scores), and that is how they treated opposing teams' fans.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:12 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,370,526 times
Generally I find Husker fans to be classy. Some of them, can be quite... obnoxious.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:29 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,112,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
A&M fans clueless? Disagree. Highly tuned into the game.

Horn fans don't even watch the game. They watch the guy in the gorilla suit giving away Big Gulps or the godzilla tron. They aren't even in the stands until midway through the first quarter. And if the Horns are winning by 14, they are gone midway through the 4th. That's why Mack has to beg them to be loud and stay late.
Aggie fans clueless cause they are watching the men child cheerleader and singing camp fire songs at a football game. Horn fans I can say this, may not get there all early, it's just cause we were kicking aggie ass out to the SEC.

Aggie= SEC whipping boys

Old 10-06-2012, 01:13 AM

70 posts, read 125,260 times
Default Depends

depends on what you mean mean by "worst"? Do you mean worst in terms of obnoxious(ness) or in terms of support Syracuse fans are up there (although Miami seems pretty bad per this thread).

SU fans are very fair weather. It also doesn't help that its not a large school (15k), most alumni live 5 hours away in the NYC area, and that there is a lot of competition for fans from pro sports teams (Yankees, Bills, Giants, etc.) Syracuse NY is NFL country. I think Pitt has the problem too as does Boston College, Rutgers and Uconn.

But as SU basketball has shown, if the team is good people will come out.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:09 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,485,508 times
Quote:
That explains why you hate UF fans so much.
He'd be a UF fan if his grades were a bit better

Old 10-08-2012, 05:32 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,962,287 times
Quote:
Bingo. UGA fans have no history of winning, no recent trend of success, no recent Heisman players, etc. Yet to hear them talk one would think their team has 10 National Championships and a multitude of Heisman winners and contenders. Their supposed "rivalry" with Florida is a joke because Florida has dominated it in a very lopsided fashion. I married a Gator fan but I'm from the midwest, I'm a Notre Dame fan. When I moved down here I had no dog in the hunt as far as the SEC went. I cheered for Florida because my wife loves them but man, 5 years of dealing with Georgia fans really makes me despise that team. Every year they are supposedly the greatest team in college football and you get threads like this: http://www.city-data.com/forum/colle...-complete.html I mean Oregon is a fraud? C'mon now. In short, I hate Georgia. Although I hate no team more than Michigan.
Yeah. After reading this article, I'm inclined to agree with you:

Aaron Murray found out his father has cancer and had his house egged this weekend

Here's the thing. College football is a game. That's it. A game. Which means it's a bunch of freaking nonsense, and certainly means nothing compared to life.

If college football were outlawed tomorrow, we'd miss it for sure. But no one would die because of its absence.

I mean, I'm an Auburn fan. Love my Auburn Tigers. And this year, we're having a calamitous year. We have tanked. We have fallen off a cliff, due in large part to the struggles of a young quarterback and an offensive line that consists exclusively of freshmen and sophomores. But if I encountered our quarterback at a restaurant tomorrow, I'd shake his hand and say, "Tough game Saturday, but you'll get them this week." Why anyone would do anything but that is beyond me.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:16 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,433,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
He'd be a UF fan if his grades were a bit better
Nope had no interest to going there. Got accepted and turned it down. Only considered FSU (where I went) and UCF. Only looked in Florida in order to use my Florida Bright Futures Scholorship.

As for UF... 2 year transfer and pretty much everyone gets in. Only need 60 credit hours and a 2.0 GPA (C average). But you already knew that

Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,485,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Nope had no interest to going there. Got accepted and turned it down. Only considered FSU (where I went) and UCF. Only looked in Florida in order to use my Florida Bright Futures Scholorship.

As for UF... 2 year transfer and pretty much everyone gets in. Only need 60 credit hours and a 2.0 GPA (C average). But you already knew that
Uh huh......

Old 10-10-2012, 01:50 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,854,667 times
Quote:
Your comment is funny because you could be describing Notre Dame. Their last national championship was in 1988 and their last Heisman trophy winner was Tim Brown in 1987. Since 1990, UGA has had a much better record than Notre Dame. No team has gotten more undeserved hype and attention over the past 2 decades than ND.

It's funny too because pre-Spurrier, Florida was a middle of the pack mediocre SEC team that never won a SEC championship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football