Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which teams are you top five? Choose five
Alabama 9 90.00%
Oregon 9 90.00%
LSU 9 90.00%
Georgia 5 50.00%
South Carolina 3 30.00%
Florida State 5 50.00%
West Virginia 2 20.00%
Stanford 2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 05:49 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times

Advertisements

Okay, so here's how the voting went. We've got Alabama, Oregon, and LSU each with 9 votes, which would put them in a first place tie. The tie breaker in this case is the combination of AP and Coaches polls, which means that we have Alabama, Oregon, and LSU in the 1, 2, and 3 spots here, too. Florida State and Georgia both received five votes, which means we need to defer to the AP and coaches polls here, too. FSU will be our #4 and Georgia our #5. Whoa, what a surprise this is:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. LSU
4. FSU
5. Georgia

South Carolina would be our #6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 06:18 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times
Hey we added 3 more believers

Old 09-25-2012, 06:32 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,284,870 times
1) Bama
2) Oregon
3) LSU
4) Kansas State
5) West Virginia

end thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:43 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,337,371 times
Bama
Oregon
FSU
LSU
Georgia

South Carolina/West Virginia (knocking on the door)

Old 09-25-2012, 10:42 PM

Seriously....who the hell does FSU play besides Clemson this year? Oh wait, Florida -- in week 11 or 12. Who knows what kind of team the Gators will turn out to be, but if they end up being last year's Gators and not Tebow's, then Fla. St. could end up going undefeated with Boise St. or University of Houston schedule. I don't have anything against the Seminoles winning, but if they think they can just cruise through a schedule of pop-tart competition and call themselves BCS eligible, no freakin way. I'll take a 1-loss Oregon or 1 or even 2-loss SEC team over an undefeated FSU squad unless Florida turns out to be for real. If the Gators are in the SEC title game and FSU beats them, then we're talkin', but otherwise, I don't see how FSU's even relevant this year.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:57 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Seriously....who the hell does FSU play besides Clemson this year? Oh wait, Florida -- in week 11 or 12. Who knows what kind of team the Gators will turn out to be, but if they end up being last year's Gators and not Tebow's, then Fla. St. could end up going undefeated with Boise St. or University of Houston schedule. I don't have anything against the Seminoles winning, but if they think they can just cruise through a schedule of pop-tart competition and call themselves BCS eligible, no freakin way. I'll take a 1-loss Oregon or 1 or even 2-loss SEC team over an undefeated FSU squad unless Florida turns out to be for real. If the Gators are in the SEC title game and FSU beats them, then we're talkin', but otherwise, I don't see how FSU's even relevant this year.
Clemson is not even that good. I mean they arent bad, but overall they are above average. They only play cupcake teams. They should be able to win all their games, as they face no one good, and then in the BCS they might face off against someone good. I will judge them then. Until that point I am not impressed.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Clemson is not even that good. I mean they arent bad, but overall they are above average. They only play cupcake teams. They should be able to win all their games, as they face no one good, and then in the BCS they might face off against someone good. I will judge them then. Until that point I am not impressed.
Clemson has some explosive offensive players. If FSU had done a great job of shutting them down, I'd be more inclined to say they're the real deal, which is not to say that the Noles are bad. FSU's good, I just don't think they've earned the right to be called a top five team, but worse than that is that they really should have no problem remaining unbeaten until their game with Florida. If the Gators go into that game as a legit title threat and the Noles take them down, I'll pipe down. But until then, FSU's dream season is going to be full of suspect accomplishments. All I can say is if Clemson put up 37 on FSU's supposedly great defense, I'd be terrified if I were a Noles fan and had to play a team like Oregon.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,874,162 times
She
Quote:
Clemson has some explosive offensive players. If FSU had done a great job of shutting them down, I'd be more inclined to say they're the real deal, which is not to say that the Noles are bad. FSU's good, I just don't think they've earned the right to be called a top five team, but worse than that is that they really should have no problem remaining unbeaten until their game with Florida. If the Gators go into that game as a legit title threat and the Noles take them down, I'll pipe down. But until then, FSU's dream season is going to be full of suspect accomplishments. All I can say is if Clemson put up 37 on FSU's supposedly great defense, I'd be terrified if I were a Noles fan and had to play a team like Oregon.
Clemson and FSU are not bad it is just hard to say if they are good since neither team really has any tough opponents. It is easy to look good when facing bad schools. An obese 15 year old with no muscle could easily push around most 9 year olds. That doesn't mean they could push around someone their own age.

Under the BCS system they are a top five team since they don't face any quality teams. If they were in the Big 12 or SEC they would not even be a top 10 team. Top 20 probably.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:09 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times
Quote:
All I can say is if Clemson put up 37 on FSU's supposedly great defense, I'd be terrified if I were a Noles fan and had to play a team like Oregon.
This fan isn't scared of the Ducks. I would say it is vice versa. Too bad it won't ever happen since Oregon is destined to go to the Rose Bowl (enjoy the cupcake Big 10 team that makes it in, they might be ranked but maybe not). Like I mentioned in the other thread, Clemson's offensive weapons are way stronger/quicker than Oregons. The only thing Oregon has over Clemson is special teams. Our kicker would never give him the chance for return.

Playing in the defense lacking Pac 12 has your head inflated about what defense truly looks like. We had second half adjustments on defense, which helped result in the win.

And yes, the rest of our schedule should be really manageable. It isn't like we are the only ones like this.... That USC destiny went through a very easy Pac 10, Ohio St had a couple years with no competition in conference, etc.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
This fan isn't scared of the Ducks. I would say it is vice versa. Too bad it won't ever happen since Oregon is destined to go to the Rose Bowl (enjoy the cupcake Big 10 team that makes it in, they might be ranked but maybe not). Like I mentioned in the other thread, Clemson's offensive weapons are way stronger/quicker than Oregons. The only thing Oregon has over Clemson is special teams. Our kicker would never give him the chance for return.
Sheesh, you're right up there with Baghdad Bob now. "The PAC12 infidels are scared. They are being brought to their knees as we speak. They will surrender to our almighty Seminole mascot."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football