Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 08:15 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,264,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Perhaps, and im nog putting A&M down I am just saying that beating Miami is not really an achievement to brag about.

ND did beat some ranked teams this year, but only Michigan and Stanford are still ranked, and Michigan is barely ranked. Stanford is doing good, but not great. ND has some tough games ahead and if they win them all they deserve a shot at the NC.

Oklahoma to be fair has not beat any great teams either, but TT and UT are good.

At this point neither team has earned a big win, and the win on saturday will go a long way. Either team could win but I would bet on OU. As a Big 12 supporter I am also rooting for OU, but it is nothing personal against ND. You seem solid enough.
I know there are big games left, and you can never count anyone out. Boston College has just one win this season but every ND fan out there remembers the 1993 season, final game of the season a week after ND beat #1 Florida State to take the #1 spot, Boston College came in to Notre Dame Stadium and kicked a 41-yard field goal as time expired to win the game, dashing ND's most recent hopes of a national championship. Granted, BC was ranked #12 at the time, but still, almost 20 years later, everyone, myself included, remembers that game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 09:00 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
MSM-

Was that girl in Deuce Bigalow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLxHL...tailpage#t=19s

That's a huge _____________!
LMAO!! I get what you're talking about now. LMAO! Being sober helps. LOL.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:31 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,029,109 times
I think Notre Dame's defense will keep this game from being a high scoring game but I'll take OU in this one. I think the score will be close but OU will find a way to win.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:52 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,871,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
I know there are big games left, and you can never count anyone out. Boston College has just one win this season but every ND fan out there remembers the 1993 season, final game of the season a week after ND beat #1 Florida State to take the #1 spot, Boston College came in to Notre Dame Stadium and kicked a 41-yard field goal as time expired to win the game, dashing ND's most recent hopes of a national championship. Granted, BC was ranked #12 at the time, but still, almost 20 years later, everyone, myself included, remembers that game.
That was pre-ACC before BC started playing like every ACC team aNd started sucking. Hardly relevant to today. ND could win but they are the underdog. It will be interesting though to see how ND handles itself against a truly tough team. Definetly the game to watch this weekend.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:03 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,264,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
That was pre-ACC before BC started playing like every ACC team aNd started sucking. Hardly relevant to today. ND could win but they are the underdog. It will be interesting though to see how ND handles itself against a truly tough team. Definetly the game to watch this weekend.
My point wasn't really about tomorrow night's game. It was more about even if Notre Dame wins tomorrow night, arguably their biggest game of the season, they can't let up with Pittsburgh, Boston College, or Wake Forest the 3 weeks after.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:47 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,871,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
My point wasn't really about tomorrow night's game. It was more about even if Notre Dame wins tomorrow night, arguably their biggest game of the season, they can't let up with Pittsburgh, Boston College, or Wake Forest the 3 weeks after.
If ND can beat OU they should have no problems beating these teams. It would literally be like Rocky getting knocked out by a 5 year old in a wheelchair a week after beating that Russian. USC is another matter.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:07 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post

Win or lose I just can't wait for this week to be over. At this rate I'll have a new nominee for most annoying college football fanbases: Oklahoma Sooners. I'm sorry we pissed in your cheerios 55 years ago and ended the 47 game streak but jeez you guys are acting like we're one of the cupcake Big 12 bottomfeeders and this game is going to be a 50 point blow out.

For the record it's really no one here on C-D but out in the rest of the internet and the "real" world.
This little flame is constantly being stoked by the national media. Of course it spills over onto some fans.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:51 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,960,567 times
Here's a very interesting equation:

Notre Dame > Stanford > USC

There should be no doubt how good Notre Dame is. Goin with Oklahoma (cause they looked that good to me) but it will probably be a close game.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:53 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
LMAO!! I get what you're talking about now. LMAO! Being sober helps. LOL.
Aha!

It was actually my wife who noticed it...damn, that lil' Longhorn girl...smart ***. But seriously, what is with that small covered wagon? It's like the Smart Car of early 19th century cross country travel. And those midget ponies?

I'm sure if I ever understand what the heck a twirler is (as opposed to a West Coast spinner ) I will concede that OU has the best darn twirler in the land.

Crush Notre Lame and put these poor ol' posters from 1984 out of their misery, would ya'?

Old 10-26-2012, 06:58 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Here's a very interesting equation:

Notre Dame > Stanford > USC

There should be no doubt how good Notre Dame is. Goin with Oklahoma (cause they looked that good to me) but it will probably be a close game.
I think SC is gonna roll Notre Dame. And if they don't then that means we beat SC by 3 tds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football