U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-24-2012, 07:03 PM

34 posts, read 22,171 times
Default OU Sooners vs Notre Dame

David Boren came out with a statement today reminding Sooner fans to be respectful and to provide a welcoming atmosphere for the fans of Notre Dame. I agree. Treat the visiting fans well. Remember, they're coming a long ways to watch a complete beatdown of their team.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 08:14 PM

3,827 posts, read 3,067,797 times
If OU stops the run and gives Landry enough time it will be a long night for the Domers.

38-7 OU.

Bold prediction: ND will be shutout going into the 4th Quarter. OU's D is a whole lot better than most people think. First team has given up only 7 points in the last three games. I don't see that changing a whole lot on Saturday with the Domers #74 ranked offense coming to town.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:49 PM

1,792 posts, read 836,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
David Boren came out with a statement today reminding Sooner fans to be respectful and to provide a welcoming atmosphere for the fans of Notre Dame. I agree. Treat the visiting fans well. Remember, they're coming a long ways to watch a complete beatdown of their team.
What a freaking set up. Had me goin for a minute. Lol. Classic.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:49 PM

3,827 posts, read 3,067,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
What a freaking set up. Had me goin for a minute. Lol. Classic.
LOL. Boren's statement has a little passive aggressiveness included though. I like it. The linky to OU's statement is below.

Most fans outside of Oklahoma probably don't know that OU's NCAA record 47 game winning streak started one game after a loss to ND and then ended 47 games later with a loss to the Domers. The Irish have the bookend victories on a record that will most likely never be broke.

This is pretty much a Bowl Game at the end of October. I can't think of a better non conference/non rivalry matchup this year.

Open letter from OU President David Boren: Sooner fans urged to be hospitable | OU Sports

Old 10-24-2012, 11:17 PM

3,224 posts, read 3,333,695 times
OU Fans are generally great. Thats what we always hear. Go OU!

Old 10-24-2012, 11:17 PM

4,332 posts, read 1,402,327 times
I don't think ND is quite 'there' yet. It's a good game to schedule because it will teach this developing team a thing or two about tough non-conference road games, but their BCS dreams are going to be left in Oklahoma. Like I said elsewhere, ND's a team of the future, but not quite the team of the present.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:12 AM

1,414 posts, read 844,501 times
I've never had a problem with OU fans in the numerous times they've been to the Fiesta Bowl.

Oklahoma 28
Notre Dame 13

Old 10-25-2012, 09:15 AM

4,742 posts, read 1,679,627 times

Win or lose I just can't wait for this week to be over. At this rate I'll have a new nominee for most annoying college football fanbases: Oklahoma Sooners. I'm sorry we pissed in your cheerios 55 years ago and ended the 47 game streak but jeez you guys are acting like we're one of the cupcake Big 12 bottomfeeders and this game is going to be a 50 point blow out.

For the record it's really no one here on C-D but out in the rest of the internet and the "real" world.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:17 AM

2,266 posts, read 1,316,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
If OU stops the run and gives Landry enough time it will be a long night for the Domers.

38-7 OU.

Bold prediction: ND will be shutout going into the 4th Quarter. OU's D is a whole lot better than most people think. First team has given up only 7 points in the last three games. I don't see that changing a whole lot on Saturday with the Domers #74 ranked offense coming to town.
ND does have the number 2 defense behind Alabama. They went 4 games without allowing an offensive touchdown, and that was against Michigan St, Michigan, Miami, and Stanford. A Miami team that had been scoring 36 points per game and ND held them to 3 points.

It's going to be a tough one. As a Notre Dame fan (who went to OU for a year), I've been looking forward to this game and I'm nervous about it! I'm considering this our national championship game because if ND wins, it shouldn't be a problem going the distance!

Old 10-25-2012, 02:31 PM

6,351 posts, read 3,929,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
ND does have the number 2 defense behind Alabama. They went 4 games without allowing an offensive touchdown, and that was against Michigan St, Michigan, Miami, and Stanford. A Miami team that had been scoring 36 points per game and ND held them to 3 points.

It's going to be a tough one. As a Notre Dame fan (who went to OU for a year), I've been looking forward to this game and I'm nervous about it! I'm considering this our national championship game because if ND wins, it shouldn't be a problem going the distance!
Scoring 35 points A game in the ACC. It is not a big achievement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football