Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:22 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times

Advertisements

Them ducks are vicious!

Duck and Cougar Mascot Beatdown - YouTube

I really don't care who won by the most points, like some people. You hear people say, well our team beat X team by Y points and your team only won by Z points. I never was good in math.

Cindycat, remember when it was Nebraska then Colorado in the north? Well... look at Colorado now. And Baylor was the red-headed step-child of the south division.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 10:24 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times
Robert Woods will not be a top 10 pick... guaranteed. And Lee might be #10. Neither of them are big recievers and that position doesn't go as high as it use too.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Dude, the Ducks played nooooo defense. If they had just made adjustments in the 2nd half, they'd have some credibility. And you and I both know that the first few games of the season aren't always indicative of how teams play in November. I don't know if KSU is actually better than Oregon, but they're playing better than Oregon.
That's a cop-out and you know it. It matters little that Zona rolled OSU in the beginning of the year or now. The fact remains that Zona rolled up a ton of yards vs, OSU and then got gutted by Oregon's defense. Tell me, defensive guru- how would you scheme vs. Lee and Woods? Sure, we can sit on our couch and say, well, I'd double team Lee and wouldn't let USC to get that many yards, but we are talking about USC. It is easier said than done. It's not like we are talking about a team who has no talent. SC has just as much talent as LSU and Bama and you know that is true.

Let's talk in 2 years and see how Lee and Woods are doing in League. KSU is playing better? Well, I would put hard cash on SC to thump OSU, so sure, if you think beating a team who got destroyed by Zona playing better- I guess they are. But, to marginalize USC's offense is silly.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Robert Woods will not be a top 10 pick... guaranteed. And Lee might be #10. Neither of them are big recievers and that position doesn't go as high as it use too.
Woods is not as talented as Lee, but let's talk in a few years about both (but both will be first round- not too shabby). Besides, your prognosticating skills are not good (see your Natty prediction and the SC will crush Oregon)

Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
That's a cop-out and you know it. It matters little that Zona rolled OSU in the beginning of the year or now. The fact remains that Zona rolled up a ton of yards vs, OSU and then got gutted by Oregon's defense. Tell me, defensive guru- how would you scheme vs. Lee and Woods? Sure, we can sit on our couch and say, well, I'd double team Lee and wouldn't let USC to get that many yards, but we are talking about USC. It is easier said than done. It's not like we are talking about a team who has no talent. SC has just as much talent as LSU and Bama and you know that is true.

Let's talk in 2 years and see how Lee and Woods are doing in League. KSU is playing better? Well, I would put hard cash on SC to thump OSU, so sure, if you think beating a team who got destroyed by Zona playing better- I guess they are. But, to marginalize USC's offense is silly.
Nobody's marginalizing USC's offense, but elite teams don't give up 51 points. I don't care if Oregon won, the really, really good teams don't give up that kind of garbage on defense. They just don't. It would be one thing if Oregon had a bad 1st half but recovered and shut down SC in the 2nd, but they didn't. USC kept right on rolling. The difference between Oregon and other elite teams is that Oregon's the only team that has given up 51 points in a game. Sorry, but elite teams play BOTH sides of the ball.

Look, you'd have to admit, I came into this week one of your school's biggest supporters. I was hyping up Oregon to anyone who'd listen. I'm still down with their offense - they're unfreakingstoppable against anyone other than an elite defense. But just outscoring the opposition is unsustainable. And some of the better defenses in the league are going to be able to slow down those high-flying offenses. I'm not saying Oregon can't improve. Maybe they just had a bad week. There's still the Stanford game, and the Oregon State game, and there's a potential rematch against USC in Eugene later. But if they don't show the ability to shut down an opposing offense...I'll have to jump off the Ducks bandwagon, as much as I'd like to stay on it.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:45 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
The Ducks!! Getting the most out of those webbed feet! Impressive!

I told you OSU would play us tough. No matter what their record is, they always take it to OU in the bedlam series. They brought that energy against us this year. Maybe they will take their anger out on OU later.

OSU ran it up the field pretty easily there in the 3rd quarter. And no word yet on Klein. What I like about KSU this year is they don't get psyched out when things don't go their way like OU has a tendency to do.

I could not believe the LSU ending. I agree with Coach Snyder in that I don't get into all the "who is playing for the NC" hype. We just have to concentrate on our next opponent. But if I had to pick the top two at this moment, I would rather see Oregon vs Alabama. Then the winner can play KSU.

BTW, KSU stadium has grown since 1990s. I think tickets were $9.00 when I was there. And it only held maybe 30K. I saw Kevin Lockett make the greatest catch I had seen and I said, "He's going to the NFL!"
Yeah hopefully Klein's alright. He'll be ok.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:47 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times
Come on peeps at least tie your arguement in to K State. Just sayinq

Old 11-03-2012, 10:50 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Based on that logic, KSU would get ripped up by the Ducks. Okie lite got lit up against Zona, a team the Ducks won by oh, 49 points. KSU won by roughly the same margin as Zona. Oregon gave up yards vs. a superior offense than KSU. SC has an issue on defense, not offense. That SC team will have 3 players chosen in the top 10 in next years draft, as well as another 3-4 in the next few rounds. Who does KSU have as wrs- Lockett, ChRis Harper? Please, those guys do not compare to Lee and Woods. Heck, Harper is an Oregon castoff. Bama is far and away the best, but no way is KSU better than Oregon.

Shoot, UCLA is up 42-3 at half vs. Zona- looks like UCLA would roll KSU.
That is waht some thought last eyar untilk Ducks meet LSU. 40-20 has I remmber. No defense at all .

Old 11-03-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Nobody's marginalizing USC's offense, but elite teams don't give up 51 points. I don't care if Oregon won, the really, really good teams don't give up that kind of garbage on defense. They just don't. It would be one thing if Oregon had a bad 1st half but recovered and shut down SC in the 2nd, but they didn't. USC kept right on rolling. The difference between Oregon and other elite teams is that Oregon's the only team that has given up 51 points in a game. Sorry, but elite teams play BOTH sides of the ball.

Look, you'd have to admit, I came into this week one of your school's biggest supporters. I was hyping up Oregon to anyone who'd listen. I'm still down with their offense - they're unfreakingstoppable against anyone other than an elite defense. But just outscoring the opposition is unsustainable. And some of the better defenses in the league are going to be able to slow down those high-flying offenses. I'm not saying Oregon can't improve. Maybe they just had a bad week. There's still the Stanford game, and the Oregon State game, and there's a potential rematch against USC in Eugene later. But if they don't show the ability to shut down an opposing offense...I'll have to jump off the Ducks bandwagon, as much as I'd like to stay on it.
No one was claiming Oregon's defense was elite except you. In fact, you were all over Oregon defense, claiming how big and bad their DL line was, but in reality you know very little about the defensive philosophy at Oregon. I imagine this comes from not being a Duck, but you are generally way off. Contrary to what you think, Oregon doesn't look for a big DL. They are not built to face big SEC teams- no Pac-12 team is. Oregon is built to face passing QBs. We look for tall and fast DLers. Sure, we have a couple of DTs that are bigger, but overall we look for a DL that will get enough pressure to force QBs into turnovers.
Is it the best defense, maybe not. But it has worked in the Pac-12. In my opinion, Kelly is building an offense that he'll attempt to tear down the old adage, "Defense Wins Championships." We'll see if it works. I personally think our year is next year.

But, if you are as knowledgeable as you seem, you should know that big and fast DTs are very hard to come by. In fact they really seem like the Holy Grail for Oregon. I guess we will see what happens when SC plays ND. I believe that USC has a good offense that would socre on Bama. MAybe not as much as Oregon, but nevertheless, score. If LSU was getting open, the SC wrs would too. As far as KSU, I think the only thing we have to go on is the fact that Arizona, a team Oregon beat 49-0, defeated Okie Lite, 59-38, who then in turn lost to KSU 44-30.

Last edited by Acuda; 11-03-2012 at 11:07 PM..

Old 11-03-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That is waht some thought last eyar untilk Ducks meet LSU. 40-20 has I remmber. No defense at all .
K-State ain't LSU and maybe you and a select few Wildcat fans infer that they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football