U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 08:56 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,637,356 times

Advertisements

Just thought I'd post a thread for this big surprise this year in college football. Congratulations to Kansas State so far in Stepping up to play some football.

Friske & Perpetuum -- Step Up (Zardonic Remix) - YouTube

and with that I'll leave it to a loyal Kasas State fan whos been on their side for years - redbird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 10:40 AM

6,349 posts, read 8,392,940 times
When the year started I didnt expect much from them, but they are playing good football. The Big 12 is a tough conference this year.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:32 PM

8,566 posts, read 9,667,470 times
As a dyed in the summer sunset horns fan, I'm glad to see K-State doing so well. Every time I see them I recall Mack Brown saying, 'Coach Snyder has my number' - (as in Mack Brown's head).

And best of luck to Collin Klein to win the big one this year.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:46 PM

667 posts, read 1,757,654 times
I'm an Oklahoma State grad and long-time fan. I remember all those years when OSU and Kansas State were always the also-rans. We had our year in 2011, with only that loss to Iowa State on the tragic plane crash weekend. I'm sorry OSU lost tonight but if it keeps the Wildcats in the hunt for the championship, I'll live with it. Proud of you, boys!!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:00 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,609,110 times
I'm not sure about the order, but after tonight, K-State and Alabama are my #1 and #2. I was trying to give props to Oregon, but their defense was a sieve. Gotta play better on D, Ducks.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:05 PM

32,427 posts, read 17,764,993 times
The Ducks!! Getting the most out of those webbed feet! Impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Just thought I'd post a thread for this big surprise this year in college football. Congratulations to Kansas State so far in Stepping up to play some football.

Friske & Perpetuum -- Step Up (Zardonic Remix) - YouTube

and with that I'll leave it to a loyal Kasas State fan whos been on their side for years - redbird.
I told you OSU would play us tough. No matter what their record is, they always take it to OU in the bedlam series. They brought that energy against us this year. Maybe they will take their anger out on OU later.

OSU ran it up the field pretty easily there in the 3rd quarter. And no word yet on Klein. What I like about KSU this year is they don't get psyched out when things don't go their way like OU has a tendency to do.

I could not believe the LSU ending. I agree with Coach Snyder in that I don't get into all the "who is playing for the NC" hype. We just have to concentrate on our next opponent. But if I had to pick the top two at this moment, I would rather see Oregon vs Alabama. Then the winner can play KSU.

BTW, KSU stadium has grown since 1990s. I think tickets were $9.00 when I was there. And it only held maybe 30K. I saw Kevin Lockett make the greatest catch I had seen and I said, "He's going to the NFL!"

Old 11-03-2012, 10:07 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I'm not sure about the order, but after tonight, K-State and Alabama are my #1 and #2. I was trying to give props to Oregon, but their defense was a sieve. Gotta play better on D, Ducks.
I think all the undefeated teams played tight tonight. All of them gave up more than normal. All of them...

ND - went 3OT with Pitt
Oregon - gave up 50+ to USC
K-State - gave up 30 points to a young OSU team
Bama - gave up 400 yds offense to a bad offense

But they all won. And that says a lot to me. It's hard to go undefeated in major college football.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I think all the undefeated teams played tight tonight. All of them gave up more than normal. All of them...

ND - went 3OT with Pitt
Oregon - gave up 50+ to USC
K-State - gave up 30 points to a young OSU team
Bama - gave up 400 yds offense to a bad offense

But they all won. And that says a lot to me. It's hard to go undefeated in major college football.
The least impressive of those four was ND. Having to go to 3 OTs against an unranked team? Nah, that's bad news. That's worthy of being put down on the priority list of undefeated teams.

Oregon was impressive on offense but played NO defense at all. So many big plays. Bama might have had a bad night, but LSU does have some weapons, and in the end, they only gave up 17 points. Say what one will about the Tigers offensive struggles...they're still a team loaded with weapons in the backfield, and they're still the #5 team in the nation. Bama didn't look pretty but they won. And K-State just flat out won.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:12 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,018,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Based on that logic, KSU would get ripped up by the Ducks. Okie lite got lit up against Zona, a team the Ducks won by oh, 49 points. KSU won by roughly the same margin as Zona. Oregon gave up yards vs. a superior offense than KSU. SC has an issue on defense, not offense. That SC team will have 3 players chosen in the top 10 in next years draft, as well as another 3-4 in the next few rounds. Who does KSU have as wrs- Lockett, ChRis Harper? Please, those guys do not compare to Lee and Woods. Heck, Harper is an Oregon castoff. Bama is far and away the best, but no way is KSU better than Oregon.

Shoot, UCLA is up 42-3 at half vs. Zona- looks like UCLA would roll KSU.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Based on that logic, KSU would get ripped up by the Ducks. Okie lite got lit up against Zona, a team the Ducks won by oh, 49 points. KSU won by roughly the same margin as Zona. Oregon gave up yards vs. a superior offense than KSU. SC has an issue on defense, not offense. That SC team will have 3 players chosen in the top 10 in next years draft, as well as another 3-4 in the next few rounds. Who does KSU have as wrs- Lockett, ChRis Harper? Please, those guys do not compare to Lee and Woods. Heck, Harper is an Oregon castoff. Bama is far and away the best, but no way is KSU better than Oregon.
Dude, the Ducks played nooooo defense. If they had just made adjustments in the 2nd half, they'd have some credibility. And you and I both know that the first few games of the season aren't always indicative of how teams play in November. I don't know if KSU is actually better than Oregon, but they're playing better than Oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football