Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 PM

737 posts, read 1,148,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
I hope he doesn't leave my team.
Mark Stoops to Kentucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 01:22 PM

108 posts, read 393,064 times
Default Bob Diaco to Boston College

NJ Brazen 3133 I am going to agree with you on this one.

I think Bob Diaco is going to be the next head football coach at Boston College.

Your right this would be a good fit for Bob Diaco.

Last edited by Demps; 11-27-2012 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-27-2012, 06:44 PM

518 posts, read 406,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
In a move that has been rumored to be in the works since early October, Purdue has fired Danny Hope.

Purdue fires Danny Hope despite second consecutive bowl bid - CBSSports.com

Jim Tressel is rumored to be involved in the search for a replacement, whether as a candidate or not remains to be seen.
I may be wrong, but I don't think Tressel is eligible to be a replacement until 2016 or 2017. The sanctions were not just directed at Ohio State's program, but also at Tressel himself, who received a show-cause penalty, which effectively bans him for a minimum of five seasons. It's possible he could be reinstated before then, but there would be so many hurdles to clear for him to return to the point that a school would have to ask itself whether it makes sense to hire Tressel and keep the program and its potential recruits on hold while waiting to find out whether or not he can coach. He's basically a toxic asset until 2017. He can do "consulting", but that's it.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:51 PM

518 posts, read 406,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
Mark Stoops to Kentucky.
Yeah, I doubted Petrino would get the nod at KU, which is generally a pretty conservative and drama-free institution. It avoids the drama it knows about anyway.

Petrino may need to wait another year before getting a job. I doubt he takes the Auburn job even if it's offered, and I'm doubting it'll be offered now that the school is headed for its third major football probe in the last 20 years.

Stoops seems like a good hire on the surface. He certainly has the pedigree, but having the pedigree alone doesn't necessarily mean much, as his brother found out at Zona. He has to be able to know how to build a program; the recruiting; the administrative stuff that coaches don't want to deal with but have to. He's gotta worry about all that now, not just X's and O's. Being a college coach requires a dictatorial type of personality in most cases, and it requires clean people in and around the program. We'll see if he's got that.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
I may be wrong, but I don't think Tressel is eligible to be a replacement until 2016 or 2017. The sanctions were not just directed at Ohio State's program, but also at Tressel himself, who received a show-cause penalty, which effectively bans him for a minimum of five seasons. It's possible he could be reinstated before then, but there would be so many hurdles to clear for him to return to the point that a school would have to ask itself whether it makes sense to hire Tressel and keep the program and its potential recruits on hold while waiting to find out whether or not he can coach. He's basically a toxic asset until 2017. He can do "consulting", but that's it.
The only stipulation on hiring Tressel as head coach is a show cause penalty

under which any school that wants to hire him must submit a report to the NCAA detailing why it needs to employ him and how it would monitor him to ensure he doesn't break its rules again. Any school hiring Tressel during the five-year period would be subject to more severe sanctions if he cheats again.

Purdue, starting to feel pressure from donors and fans who have started boycotting games, might be looking to make a splash. Of course, the Tressel thing is a rumor and nothing more.

Sonny Dykes is another name being floated for the Purdue job (and the NC State job too), Dave Doeren was another but he is out.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
This is the perfect spot for an oppology about Les Miles for LSU. I has previously blamed the loss to Alabama on him and the coaching staff because of one play. Stupid. Les Miles is one of my favorites and one of the best. Im ashamed of myself Les. Please don't go Les...lol
According to our paper today, AR would like to make him an offer, in fact it sounds like they will. Of course you can imagine how many names are floating around our state right now.....

Old 11-28-2012, 09:59 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
According to our paper today, AR would like to make him an offer, in fact it sounds like they will. Of course you can imagine how many names are floating around our state right now.....
Why on earth would Miles leave LSU for Arkansas?

Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Why on earth would Miles leave LSU for Arkansas?
Money and, perhaps, less aggravation. Reportedly Arkansas has a 5-year, $27.5 million offer on the table. LSU fans have been barking about Miles, so maybe he'd like to move to somewhere he thinks he'd be more appreciated. He'd soon find out, though, how zany and delusional the Arkansas fanbase can be.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Money and, perhaps, less aggravation. Reportedly Arkansas has a 5-year, $27.5 million offer on the table. LSU fans have been barking about Miles, so maybe he'd like to move to somewhere he thinks he'd be more appreciated. He'd soon find out, though, how zany and delusional the Arkansas fanbase can be.
I keep hearing/reading that LSU fans grumble about Miles. But is that really true? LSU is its own crazy place and Miles is a great fit. No offense to nmita but the only advantage in my view to Arkansas is being closer to Dallas for recruiting. LSU dominates recruiting in Louisiana far more than AK dominates in their home state.

Does Miles care about money so much that almost $4M at LSU is not enough?

Old 11-28-2012, 01:26 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,263,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The only stipulation on hiring Tressel as head coach is a show cause penalty

under which any school that wants to hire him must submit a report to the NCAA detailing why it needs to employ him and how it would monitor him to ensure he doesn't break its rules again. Any school hiring Tressel during the five-year period would be subject to more severe sanctions if he cheats again.

Purdue, starting to feel pressure from donors and fans who have started boycotting games, might be looking to make a splash. Of course, the Tressel thing is a rumor and nothing more.

Sonny Dykes is another name being floated for the Purdue job (and the NC State job too), Dave Doeren was another but he is out.
Is this becasue he will stay at NIU or did he get another offer? If Beckham has another lousy year at Illinois, maybe Doeren gets a chance to rebuild there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football