Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
You can argue with the other Duck fan regarding ND. Your defense does not frighten me in the least. But, You know nothing about the NCAA and just regurgitate what was reported months ago. In fact, you must be about 7 months behind because most believe, even in the media, that Oregon was not doing anything all that egregious. Feel free to search some of my posts regarding this as I was very thorough with this way before you showed up.

But, just for the sake of it, tell me what you think the Ducks did. I am curious what you think. Feel free to look up some articles. Here, I'll get you started. Look up Lache Seastrunk. Tell me what you think you know. I am willing to bet it isn't anything more than this donor.

Oh, and I know plenty of Duck alumni who live across the country and there really isn't a whole lot of bandwagoners. Sure, people may say they like to watch us, but they re not rocking Duck shirts or Os on their car. Oregon fans are still a pretty diehard fanbase and I am calling bs on the whole new money fans across this nation. The only Ducks I see here in Texas are alumni and 10 year olds.
They don't have picture with Marcus and Josh either...or a custom designed and painted National Champion Duck bike either with Marcus, Josh, and Jerry Allen's autograph on it either....Hahahaaaaa. Never to be sold!!!

Old 11-16-2012, 07:30 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I think Oregon did what most other big time programs are doing: used money and influential people to influence recruits.

As for our defense scaring you...tell me all about those rugged Pac-12 defenses you've played? I'm sure Tennessee Tech was a tough test for your offense as was Colorado, Arizona, and USC. The saddest part of it all is USC is the only top 50 defense you've played yet! Before you ask what offenses we've played I'll point you to the Oklahoma Sooners, a team that put up points in a hurry. We held them to their lowest home point total in the Stoops era.
So are you saying we payed players? If you are talking about Willie Lyles, he has stated numerous times that he never influenced players and testified to that. Oh, yes, we payed a whooping 25,000 to him. Well, free to research programs recruiting spending. Oregon is wwwwaaaayyyyyy down the list. Shoot, even Oregon State spent more than us. And you would not believe what Bama spends. My question is, who did Oregon pay to influence recruits? Lyles? If we did what other big programs did, do you think Oregon is going to get singled out and "hammered?"

As far as NDs defense, meh. The same can be said about Stanford and we will find out what happens with them. If we blast them, you know as we'll as I do, you would have doubts about keeping it close to us. OU, nowadays they are good for one ?????fest a year as they have been beat by weak teams the last few years. Who else? The Mormons? Are there even any other top 25 offenses that you played? I am going to leave the rest of this for the other Duck fan, I am just really curious what you think you know about the whole NCAA thing. It looks like you know what ESPN tells you.

Good luck with Wake

Old 11-16-2012, 07:44 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
Quote:
So are you saying we payed players? If you are talking about Willie Lyles, he has stated numerous times that he never influenced players and testified to that. Oh, yes, we payed a whooping 25,000 to him. Well, free to research programs recruiting spending. Oregon is wwwwaaaayyyyyy down the list. Shoot, even Oregon State spent more than us. And you would not believe what Bama spends. My question is, who did Oregon pay to influence recruits? Lyles? If we did what other big programs did, do you think Oregon is going to get singled out and "hammered?"

As far as NDs defense, meh. The same can be said about Stanford and we will find out what happens with them. If we blast them, you know as we'll as I do, you would have doubts about keeping it close to us. OU, nowadays they are good for one ?????fest a year as they have been beat by weak teams the last few years. Who else? The Mormons? Are there even any other top 25 offenses that you played? I am going to leave the rest of this for the other Duck fan, I am just really curious what you think you know about the whole NCAA thing. It looks like you know what ESPN tells you.

Good luck with Wake
I know what they say about other programs and I have no doubt they use unethical and illegal tactics in recruiting, Miami, Alabama, LSU, etc. I'm sure they all do it. The difference is Oregon (may have) got caught. Miami is also going through something similar.

As for other offenses we've played, Miami averages somewhere around 40 points a game and we held them to 3. I ask you what defenses have you played? We've played better offenses than you have defenses.

I don't care what you beat Stanford by it wouldn't affect me or my belief that ND could beat any team in the nation, to include to the "unstoppable" Phil Knight Machine. KSU squeaked by OU whereas ND dominated OU yet no one would ever say that means we would dominate KSU. Each game is different and no regular season game is equivalent to the MNC. Bob Diaco and Brian Kelly would have 30+ days to formulate a game plan to beat Oregon.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:58 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Before you ask what offenses we've played I'll point you to the Oklahoma Sooners, a team that put up points in a hurry. We held them to their lowest home point total in the Stoops era.
Without looking it up I think the correct answer is third lowest home point total in the Stoops era.

I heard the Ducks let students smoke the ganj, that's where the recruiting advantage is. That and the chrome helmets. Recruits love the chrome helmets.

Carry on. This thread is fun.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:58 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Quote:
I know what they say about other programs and I have no doubt they use unethical and illegal tactics in recruiting, Miami, Alabama, LSU, etc. I'm sure they all do it. The difference is Oregon (may have) got caught. Miami is also going through something similar.

As for other offenses we've played, Miami averages somewhere around 40 points a game and we held them to 3. I ask you what defenses have you played? We've played better offenses than you have defenses.

I don't care what you beat Stanford by it wouldn't affect me or my belief that ND could beat any team in the nation, to include to the "unstoppable" Phil Knight Machine. KSU squeaked by OU whereas ND dominated OU yet no one would ever say that means we would dominate KSU. Each game is different and no regular season game is equivalent to the MNC. Bob Diaco and Brian Kelly would have 30+ days to formulate a game plan to beat Oregon.
Who says stuff about other programs? South Bend radio? Lou Hollllttttsssshhhhhzzzzz? You can assume that programs use unethical recruiting tactics all you want, but tht doesn't make you correct. Yeah, you are going into a gun fight with a knife. You just are not knowledgeable about the situation. You can pop off all you want, but you are really just spewing what a local country bumpkin is saying without any real knowledge. I guess we will see. Stick with your Irish quest for respect my friend.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Who says stuff about other programs? South Bend radio? Lou Hollllttttsssshhhhhzzzzz? You can assume that programs use unethical recruiting tactics all you want, but tht doesn't make you correct. Yeah, you are going into a gun fight with a knife. You just are not knowledgeable about the situation. You can pop off all you want, but you are really just spewing what a local country bumpkin is saying without any real knowledge. I guess we will see. Stick with your Irish quest for respect my friend.
Hahaha you can make fun of Lou Holtz all you want but he has more National Championships than Oregon has in their entire history.

How many does Oregon have?:

Old 11-16-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your educated and intelligent defense of Oregon. I may be specifically speaking of the other post. Yeah Oregon is an upright school and wouldn't do anything different than what normally goes on in recruiting with any other respectable college. To nit pick on Oregon would be completely unfair. I don't think they did anything wrong. Just because there is an investigation doesn't mean anything. The fact that nothing came up and nothing happened says it all.

But bro..how can you say Alabama is the best team? Didn't they just get beat by a better team? Isn't that who the winner of a game is? The better team? Oh my goodness..where the heck am I? I feel like this is the twilight zone.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 PM

For the record ...as far as the SEC goes, Georgia is a beast. Ill bet on Georgia any day. But, K-State got that so far. They are an amazing team. I'm sure of that and if we play them...cool. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to play Georgia or LSU...the two best SEC...and pounce all over em..havin Puddles do some push ups on em. I'd Freakin love that. But not if it left K-STATE hanging. Hell no.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
For the record ...as far as the SEC goes, Georgia is a beast. Ill bet on Georgia any day. But, K-State got that so far. They are an amazing team. I'm sure of that and if we play them...cool. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to play Georgia or LSU...the two best SEC...and pounce all over em..havin Puddles do some push ups on em. I'd Freakin love that. But not if it left K-STATE hanging. Hell no.
Georgia's played a horrible schedule.
Quote:
Basically, Alabama has played two tough games — LSU and Texas A&M. They are 1-1 in those games. Sure, if they win out, Alabama would add a win over Georgia to its résumé, but you can — and should — similarly belittle Georgia's schedule.
The Bulldogs are also 1-1 against "good" opponents — losing at South Carolina and beating Florida at the Cocktail Party. The rest of the Bulldogs' SEC schedule are a combined 8-32. Repeat: It's November, and save for the two games against ranked teams, the rest of Georgia's conference opponents have a combined eight wins. And Vandy has half of those. At 4-3 in the conference and 6-4 overall, the Commodores are the only conference opponent aside from SC and Florida that have made it to bowl eligibility.
When Vanderbilt is part of the argument for your team, your argument is probably bad.
Alabama's Chances of Playing for the BCS Championship Are Better (But Less Deserved) Than You Might Think - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
Georgia has played a bakery schedule, all cupcakes and creampuffs, and have struggled with the only two good teams they've played all year. Their one loss was by FOUR touchdowns and at one point they were down by 35 points. There might not be a more overrated team in the entire country that Georgia.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Hahaha you can make fun of Lou Holtz all you want but he has more National Championships than Oregon has in their entire history.

How many does Oregon have?:
Lou Holtz is brilliant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football