Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:12 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
TCU plays defense.....
Ranked 17th nationally... the best defense in the entire conf is only ranked 17th?

Yea I would say the Big12 as a whole doesn't play D.

TCU is just the best... it's like being the prettiest girl in a room full of ugly ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 01:07 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Ranked 17th nationally... the best defense in the entire conf is only ranked 17th?

TCU is just the best... it's like being the prettiest girl in a room full of ugly ones.
Ranked 17th nationally.... with FRESHMEN.

Just think about that.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:50 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
Quote:

I'm sure many of those SEC defensive accolades would decrease (certainly over the course of the whole season) in the offensive-oriented Big XII. (See A&M/Bammer game.)

Old 12-02-2012, 09:21 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Ranked 17th nationally.... with FRESHMEN.

Just think about that.
Devonte Fields (FR) is something special.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:43 PM

518 posts, read 406,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I'm sure many of those SEC defensive accolades would decrease (certainly over the course of the whole season) in the offensive-oriented Big XII. (See A&M/Bammer game.)
Wrong year dude. LSU beat up on A&M in 2010, when they were actually a Big12 team. In 2012, they're an SEC team.

Let's see what happens when A&M takes on OU. LOL!

A&M 65 OU 21.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
First of all A&M is not running the same offense they ran in the Big12... Lets get that straight first. This is Sumlin and His OC'a first year!!! Don't try to take credit for something that was never a part of the big12. I thought you didn't root, brag, or boast about your conf like SEC honks anyway??? Cause that sounds like you are trying too...

Second of all their stats are not THAT great for that game. They barely hung on to win. Bama outgained them. Go back and look. And After the first quarter they were virtually shut down.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Quote:
First of all A&M is not running the same offense they ran in the Big12... Lets get that straight first. This is Sumlin and His OC'a first year!!! Don't try to take credit for something that was never a part of the big12. I thought you didn't root, brag, or boast about your conf like SEC honks anyway??? Cause that sounds like you are trying too...

Second of all their stats are not THAT great for that game. They barely hung on to win. Bama outgained them. Go back and look. And After the first quarter they were virtually shut down.
I'm sure you would agree scoreboard matters the most.

The total offense difference was 13 yds in favor of Alabama (431 vs. 418). A&M had the best quarter of football they ever played (1st quarter). And Alabama, like a quality team should, fought back. Alabama was out-rushed by A&M. They had two 54 yd. pass plays to get back in the game. But still it is scoreboard - and earned in Tuscaloosa. A&M also missed a 37 yd. FG and 1 PAT.

You're correct that Sumlin's offense is very different than Mike Sherman's the previous seasons. To me that makes this year's offense even more impressive. Completely new scheme, new QB, even the OL had to block from a different stance.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:45 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
Quote:

Just diggin' on y'all a bit. I guess it worked.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Just diggin' on y'all a bit. I guess it worked.
It's all good... I'm not upset or anything if my post seemed that way. I was smiling at your post... . The diggin was deserved.

But it was hedging your bets saying TAM would suck then when they were good Big12 fans were wanting to claim them. So as long as you all are cheering for an SEC team is all good...

Plus I know you all miss TAM... the SEC came up.

We'll trade you Mizzou for OK? Lol...

Old 12-03-2012, 02:04 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
RB Kyle Hicks flips from Texas to TCU - Football Recruiting - Midlands Region Blog - ESPN

And so, it begins. . . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football