Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 07:25 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times

Advertisements

I have absolutely no reason to dislike Notre Dame, but for some reason i find myself extremely annoyed by them and their fans. Maybe it's because of Mike Golic LOL.

I'm a gamecocks fan, so in support of my conference, I honestly don't care which one wins, as long as the victor goes to the BCS title game and DESTROYS the Irish on national TV in front of millions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 03:05 PM

306 posts, read 689,503 times
I predict Dawgs by 4

21-17.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:57 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
They're 6-6, but they've played solid offense the last few games. They lost to A&M by 3 points; lost to a much-improved Vandy team by one point; lost to a strong LSU team by a late kick-off return; and blew out #25 Mississippi State.

As I said, bro, I'm not sure I'd be touting the Big12 so hard...usually leads to an entree of fried crow. lol!
LOL. I'm not touting the Big12. I was just pointing out that a mediocre texas team whooped up on them.

UGA-27
'bama-20

Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,976,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I have absolutely no reason to dislike Notre Dame, but for some reason i find myself extremely annoyed by them and their fans. Maybe it's because of Mike Golic LOL.

I'm a gamecocks fan, so in support of my conference, I honestly don't care which one wins, as long as the victor goes to the BCS title game and DESTROYS the Irish on national TV in front of millions.
Good luck with that. Also congrats on feeling the same thing the rest of the nation feels about SEC "fans."

Old 12-01-2012, 09:26 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,309,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Good luck with that. Also congrats on feeling the same thing the rest of the nation feels about SEC "fans."
Maybe the nation is annoyed by SEC fans, but we have had reasons to be proud lately. Also, I hope whoever wins Georgia or Alabama beats ND. I don't dislike ND at all; I just love Bama and Georgia.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:54 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
Bama is top rate in effeicency. Its college and anythig can happen but Bama certai is better o both sides of the ballt han UGA and especially ND.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:09 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Well it's better if you want to puff your chest out and chant your conference's name but as far degree of difficulty in winning it's hard to win a "deep" conference than a top heavy one. Look at the SEC title game participants, each only had 2 tough games and went 1-1 in them. And at the beginning of the year Alabama looked to only have 1 hard game! It's easier to win a conference playing two hard games and 10 lay ups. It's harder to win a conference in which everyone you play is decent and not much worse than you.

For as much bravado that we all here from SEC teams about every week being a "bloodbath" and their "brutal SEC" schedules aside from Florida no one in the SEC had a "brutal" schedule.

SEC rout of Notre Dame far from guaranteed - Yahoo! Sports

Sounds like a brutal time Alabama and Georgia had...
Lol... Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

ND had a whole schedule of layups... (edit)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-01-2012 at 09:28 PM..

Old 12-01-2012, 06:03 PM

518 posts, read 406,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_coli View Post
There are still some obvious question marks. Can Murray have a breakout game against a quality opponent? Can Georgia pound the ball on third and short? Can they play with discipline and avoid major penalties in key situations that either extend Alabama's drives or kill drives of their own? But Alabama is probably going to play the best combination of raw power and athleticism they've seen all year. LSU is a big bunch of bruisers but they're a bit slow; A&M got physical but relied more on explosive team speed out of the gate. Georgia is pretty well-rounded, and they're playing with an edge.
Nope.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
Alabama made alot of mistakes especailly first half but with 350 yards on the ground they pulled it out in the end.Think thar rushing is a new SEC championship record for rushing.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:23 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,251,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Lol... Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

ND had a whole schedule of layups... (edit)
(Mod edit-one sentence deleted)

Georgia is completely overrated yet had Alabama on the brink of losing. I guess a "schedule of layups" consists of no FCS teams and most bowl eligible teams. I bet Alabama had a difficult time from September 8th to October 20th with the teams that they played. Not to mention Western Carolina and Auburn. Then you have a Georgia team that is only ranked 3rd because of the name of the conference, not the quality of the team. I'm sure that Georgia had a real difficult time from September 1st to October 20th. They did play South Carolina, but South Carolina played a just as easy, possibly even easier, schedule. Yet somehow we are supposed to believe that the combined record of teams that Georgia beat is 62-70 and the combined record of teams Alabama beat is 71-73 are such dominant teams? And even though Notre Dame has a perfect record and the teams that they've played have a combined 81-62 record they are somehow the worse team.

Don't believe the hype.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-01-2012 at 09:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football