U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
139 posts, read 114,924 times
Reputation: 76

Advertisements

The Nebraska Cornhuskers took on the Wisconsin Badgers for the Big Ten Conference Championship at Lucas Stadium, the former home of quarterback Peyton Manning.
The Badgers were on fire tonight, defeating the Cornhuskers 70-31. Badgers had 542 rushing yards and the Cornhuskers looked at a total loss how to stop the running game. Montee Ball ran through, around and over the Huskers defense for a total of 201 yards and 3 TDs. Teammates Melvin Gordon and James White added to the Huskers confusion with 217 and 108 yards respectively.
Badgers had 4 conference game losses and many critics questioned their appearance in this game. Badgers showed they belonged there.
This will be the third consecutive year the Badgers go to the Rose Bowl. This year they meet Stanford, who have a good running game and a stout defense of their own.
Quarterback Taylor Martinez of the Huskers had 140 rushing yards of his own, but had two interceptions.
This game was all Badgers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 AM
 
Location: not Chicagoland
1,202 posts, read 1,026,531 times
Reputation: 424
I picked Nebraska to win but could have gone either way. I did not see this final score happening, though.

Last edited by plates; 12-02-2012 at 12:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2012, 05:34 AM
 
Location: Newport, NC
956 posts, read 3,590,053 times
Reputation: 703
Too bad when a couple of also rans get to play for the conference championship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Wisconsin
139 posts, read 114,924 times
Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtom45 View Post
Too bad when a couple of also rans get to play for the conference championship.
Ouch! What do you mean "also rans?"
Nebraska was No.14 in the nation. Badgers are known for their running game and defense.
Running back Montee Ball of Wisconsin is currently the holder of the NCAA single season touchdown record with 80. Not the Big Ten, the NCAA record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2012, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Newport, NC
956 posts, read 3,590,053 times
Reputation: 703
My point being, neither of those teams would have had a chance against Ohio State
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2012, 09:02 AM
 
Location: Northern Arizona
1,248 posts, read 3,082,921 times
Reputation: 629
They both lost to Ohio State, but as a Buckeye, I believe its Ohio State's own damn fault for being excluded from the postseason this year.

It still sickens me that the man responsible for the Buckeyes' predicament was carried off the field by former players to cheering fans last week during the Michigan game.

And I was really hoping Nebraska would win. What is it with them and laying eggs in conference championship games.

Not that they would've won, but they probably could've at least put up a fight against whoever they would've played in the Rose Bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2012, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,369 posts, read 3,057,164 times
Reputation: 2961
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwis9 View Post
The Nebraska Cornhuskers took on the Wisconsin Badgers for the Big Ten Conference Championship at Lucas Stadium, the former home of quarterback Peyton Manning.
The Badgers were on fire tonight, defeating the Cornhuskers 70-31. Badgers had 542 rushing yards and the Cornhuskers looked at a total loss how to stop the running game. Montee Ball ran through, around and over the Huskers defense for a total of 201 yards and 3 TDs. Teammates Melvin Gordon and James White added to the Huskers confusion with 217 and 108 yards respectively.
Badgers had 4 conference game losses and many critics questioned their appearance in this game. Badgers showed they belonged there.
This will be the third consecutive year the Badgers go to the Rose Bowl. This year they meet Stanford, who have a good running game and a stout defense of their own.
Quarterback Taylor Martinez of the Huskers had 140 rushing yards of his own, but had two interceptions.
This game was all Badgers.

nice post, now go tell es*n b/c they pretty much ignored that impressive win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2012, 11:59 AM
 
3,719 posts, read 3,876,167 times
Reputation: 2769
Pretty crazy that a 5 loss team is going to play in the Rose Bowl. Especially when you consider they're not ranked in the AP poll and ranked 23 in the USA Today and finished 3rd in their division within the Big Ten conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2012, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Nebraska
1,141 posts, read 1,003,458 times
Reputation: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Pretty crazy that a 5 loss team is going to play in the Rose Bowl. Especially when you consider they're not ranked in the AP poll and ranked 23 in the USA Today and finished 3rd in their division within the Big Ten conference.
It is.But they were forced to play. I'm wondering if Nebraska is experiencing buyers remorse yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2012, 01:14 PM
 
1,642 posts, read 1,355,406 times
Reputation: 706
B10 plays terrible football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top