Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:53 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times

Advertisements

The first selection of the 2014 NFL Draft is... wait for it... Jadeveon Clowney. I don't care which team has that pick, or what their needs will be. If they don't take this kid, this will be the look on their quarterback's face, once Clowney gets a hold of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
The first selection of the 2014 NFL Draft is... wait for it... Jadeveon Clowney. I don't care which team has that pick, or what their needs will be. If they don't take this kid, this will be the look on their quarterback's face, once Clowney gets a hold of him.
Indeed. The most impressive part was that he had the presence of mind to locate the ball and pick it up after the big hit....with one hand!

Clowney's Huge Hit knocks helmet off and ball out in Outback Bowl!!! - YouTube

Most players would make the hit, but not recover the fumble. Very impressive.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
What got into Louisville??? I think Florida wasnt entirly happy to be there and the QB finally played like a freshman.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:32 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
What got into Louisville??? I think Florida wasnt entirly happy to be there and the QB finally played like a freshman.
Or sometimes it's just not your night (and your opponent is hot). I never imagined Roger Federer going down in flames in straight sets on Centre Court Wimbledon, but hey, it happened.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:08 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajanyankee View Post
very impressive.
Roll tide!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:09 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's how I feel about Notre Dame and most Big 10 teams.

I mean, if I live in New York or Philly, then why the hell are they showing Notre Dame games? And they show Notre Dame games no matter how sorry they are. And their fans will never shut up no matter how sorry they are. People may hate SEC fans, but the fact that their team is the one holding the trophy at year's end makes that hatred irrational. Notre Dame has done jack squat in the last 20 years, but yet their fans still talk big stuff. No matter what happens during the NC game, all we'll hear from the media and fanboys is "The Irish are back!"

I'd place my hatred for ND on par with the Dallas Cowboys. I hate Duke as well, but at least they have accomplishments to back up their jerkiness. Same with Yankee fans.
Notre Dame is a team, the SEC is a conference. The SEC can never "hold the trophy" because the SEC doesn't play in any games. Alabama may win the championship but the SEC won't because it's not a team it's a conference. There is nothing sadder in sports than watching Auburn, Vandy, and Kentucky fans beating their chest over Alabama/Florida/LSU/etc. Cheer for a team and keep your mouth shut if your team didn't make it.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,520,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Notre Dame is a team, the SEC is a conference. The SEC can never "hold the trophy" because the SEC doesn't play in any games. Alabama may win the championship but the SEC won't because it's not a team it's a conference. There is nothing sadder in sports than watching Auburn, Vandy, and Kentucky fans beating their chest over Alabama/Florida/LSU/etc. Cheer for a team and keep your mouth shut if your team didn't make it.
Call it what you want but Auburn won a title and the last thing they want is a Bama victory. I can see the point on teams like Vandy and UK but those teams fans never say much.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,879,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Trust me, IF Bama wins Monday night, it will be a long offseason for Auburn/LSU/UGA etc fans.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 PM

518 posts, read 406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
They've faired pretty well against their last 3 SEC opponents (since this is an SEC thread). They out gained LSU by gaining over 330 yards during their game last season. They put up over 440 yards against Tennessee in 2010, on the road. They put up almost 450 yards against Auburn in the title game a couple of years ago.

Their defense failed they in the 2 loses to Auburn and LSU.
Those defenses were content to let Oregon rack up yardage, just as long as they couldn't push them off the ball inside the 20. Oregon got beaten up on the lines against the bigger, more physical teams.

My take on this year's game is that Alabama's defense is not particularly stellar. If they were playing a team like Oregon, they'd have a hell of a time trying to stop that offense. Alabama would have to hope they could keep pace with the Ducks. Against Notre Dame, though, I'm not sure they have to be spectacular. Notre Dame's going to have to do some things on offense that we just haven't seen them do against the quality teams. Even in the game against Oklahoma, they had only scored 13 points up to the final five minutes of the game. And then Teo gets the benefit of poor officiating on the replay. No disrespect to ND, but we just haven't seen much offensive output from the Irish this year. They struggle to put up more than 17 points against quality teams.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,346,851 times
Way to go Aggies!!! This is a fun game. SEC rolling over Big12. Is this the same Sooner team that blew out the Longhorns 63-21?

Big12 with a tough bowl season outcome, more losses than wins. Well, this isn't a Big12 bowl domination thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football