Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 08:14 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,581,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Who are you for? I remember from some previous threads you seemed to be for the SEC, and now you seem to be against them.
Lol. It wasn't me or maybe I was being sarcastic. I try to root for and against teams. Conference affiliation usually has very little to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2013, 08:33 AM

12,890 posts, read 13,201,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Yeah Clemson's comeback was a result of a combination of several factors, and the decision to pass 3 times in a row instead of running it to burn clock (or Clemson timeouts) was one of those factors.
That is what lost the game for LSU.

Way to go, Miles. lol

Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,825,210 times
If we assume the best teams are playing on january 1st or beyond then the ACC isn't even in the discussion. Florida State is the lone horse in the 2013 portion of the bowl season. The Big Ten has 5 schools playing today alone. The SEC has 7!!!

Don't forget that Duke got hammered as well. People seem to be leaving that one out as well for some reason. The ACC is 3-2 in bowl season with FSU to go. If Northern Illinois pulls of the miracle then I don't think anyone should be bragging about the pedestrian ACC and their bowl season "accomplishments".

Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,825,210 times
Clemson 25, LSU 24
NC State 24, Vanderbilt 38
Virginia Tech 13, Rutgers 10
Duke 34, Cincinnati 48
Georgia Tech 21, Southern Cal 7

LSU gift wrapped that one with HORRIBLE play calling at the end
NC State got owned by a better Vandy
VA Tech struggled with the "best team in the big east". thats like saying we beat the most athletic kid in the down syndrome class
Duke finished their season 6-7!!!!!! are you kidding me!!!!! you're suppose to be a "bowl" team and you finish sub-500?!?!?!?!
Ga Tech shouldn't get too happy or excited. USC went from champs to chumps in one season. the last 2 months USC has looked like the USC of the 90s at best!!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 12:35 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,952,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
How many games do you think the SEC will win in this year's bowl games? Vanderbilt had no trouble with NC State, and it looks like LSU will trump Clemson. The two I worry about are Ole Miss and Miss St. What does everyone else think?
Not sure but they seem to have done an outstanding job at matchups this year. And wow Clemson played an absolutely perfect game last night. It was also the perfect setup for a letdown. 2 seconds...absolutely perfect.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:00 PM

...and yes Ill agree with everyone who mentioned the defensive collapse and not running the clock down. Although I dont have all the pieces to conclude since I was only able to see bits and pieces of the game. Why didn't they run it? Was Hill ok? Hmmm. What I did see was the defensive pass interference that looked like LSU intentionally knocked on the receivers head to prevent the catch. That was upsetting ...and of course very costly.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:13 PM

By the way, nice thread. It should be interesting to see which conference is improving the most as well. Can it be that the SEC, the reigning football champ, are rising even higher? Yikes! Lol. And could Notre Dame help with humility at the same time? Lol. This should be good.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,444,296 times
Well, it really doesn't matter what the heck the SEC does. The honks are still going to spin results. Nebraska is trucking the UGA defense and Michigan is giving S. Carolina all they can handle and yet we are still going to hear how great the SEC defenses are blah, blah. Or we have people preempt things by saying it is a down year and that is why the SEC teams struggle or even lose. When all else fails, loser teams and fans glom onto some other team and chant SEC, SEC, SEC when another conference team wins something. It is pathetic, they know it and the rest of us know it.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:46 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,335,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
loser teams and fans
Wow. I will be the first to admit the SEC is getting all it can handle and I offer no excuses. You have to admit, these are all great games though. Even if GA, SC, A&M and Bama lose, I will still love the SEC. It's us against the world. We don't always win, but we go down fighting!

Old 01-01-2013, 02:02 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,444,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
Wow. I will be the first to admit the SEC is getting all it can handle and I offer no excuses. You have to admit, these are all great games though. Even if GA, SC, A&M and Bama lose, I will still love the SEC. It's us against the world. We don't always win, but we go down fighting!
They are good teams and they still might pull it off. The loser teams I refer to are the rest of the SEC that routinely do nothing and yet their fans try and have a dog in the fight by claiming the entire conference. It is typical behavior.

Us against the world? Really? Please help me out with that mentality. I am a Duck and I have rooted against USC, Washington, and Oregon State so far this bowl season. My allegiance is with ONE team- Oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football