U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-25-2013, 02:57 PM
 
2,057 posts, read 3,157,407 times
Reputation: 980

Advertisements

What do you look forward to RE: your team for the upcoming season? It's only 200-something days away, so...

Texas Tech:

1. Kliff Kingsbury: Obviously, the fan base is really excited to have him back home in Lubbock--many new season tickets have sold since the announcement.

2. New video board: It should be the eighth-largest HD board in the nation when finished.

3. New north end zone seating and colonnade: Both should enhance the stadium's appearance.

4. Eric Ward: Should have a monster year.

5. Michael Brewer: Just because.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,948,009 times
Reputation: 1357
1. Who wins our QB battle? Jameis Winston is who I am hoping comes out as the starter. He is the type of QB we really need. But there is a tightrope that has to be walked... Clint Trickett is the eldest QB on roster who just happens to be the son of our Offensive Lineman coach Rick Trickett. It doesn't help that the other young guy Jacob Coker is also pretty good.
2. What will our offense playcalling look like next year? We have lost 6 coaches since this offseason started included losing our OC this past week to Miami. With a new staff, it will be interesting to see how they all click. If Winston does get the start, how much will we play in an option setting.

Definitely hyped to see how these two items play out. National signing day is coming up soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 PM
 
Location: Abilene, Texas
8,746 posts, read 7,744,981 times
Reputation: 55865
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
What do you look forward to RE: your team for the upcoming season? It's only 200-something days away, so...

Texas Tech:

1. Kliff Kingsbury: Obviously, the fan base is really excited to have him back home in Lubbock--many new season tickets have sold since the announcement.

2. New video board: It should be the eighth-largest HD board in the nation when finished.

3. New north end zone seating and colonnade: Both should enhance the stadium's appearance.

4. Eric Ward: Should have a monster year.

5. Michael Brewer: Just because.
I'm certainly thrilled to have Kliff back home as our new head coach! I just hope the sometimes impatient Tech fanbase will give Kliff time to make the changes he needs to make and the team time to adjust to the new coaching staff. I'm hoping we'll see some improvement this coming season and signficant improvement the following season. That new video board is going to totally change the look of Jones Stadium and the north endzone expansion with the colonnade is going to look really nice too. Ward should indeed have a great year. I hope Brewer will be a good QB, the potential for that is certainly there. These are exciting days to be a Red Raider!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:36 PM
 
2,057 posts, read 3,157,407 times
Reputation: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
1. Who wins our QB battle? Jameis Winston is who I am hoping comes out as the starter. He is the type of QB we really need. But there is a tightrope that has to be walked... Clint Trickett is the eldest QB on roster who just happens to be the son of our Offensive Lineman coach Rick Trickett. It doesn't help that the other young guy Jacob Coker is also pretty good.
2. What will our offense playcalling look like next year? We have lost 6 coaches since this offseason started included losing our OC this past week to Miami. With a new staff, it will be interesting to see how they all click. If Winston does get the start, how much will we play in an option setting.

Definitely hyped to see how these two items play out. National signing day is coming up soon.
Fisher has done good things at FSU. Would he mind going to a conference out west?

Quote:
I'm certainly thrilled to have Kliff back home as our new head coach! I just hope the sometimes impatient Tech fanbase will give Kliff time to make the changes he needs to make and the team time to adjust to the new coaching staff. I'm hoping we'll see some improvement this coming season and signficant improvement the following season. That new video board is going to totally change the look of Jones Stadium and the north endzone expansion with the colonnade is going to look really nice too. Ward should indeed have a great year. I hope Brewer will be a good QB, the potential for that is certainly there. These are exciting days to be a Red Raider!

Really like watching this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2013, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,091 posts, read 3,019,580 times
Reputation: 864
Oregon Ducks will hear their fate tomorrow. There has been absolutely zero leaks, but some insiders might begin to hear a few things later tonight. I remain confident we don't get the hammer. But since the NCAA is wildly inconsistent and incompetent, who knows?

Last edited by Acuda; 06-25-2013 at 01:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top