Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 10:58 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,541,254 times

Advertisements

Les Miles completely abdicated any responsibility for character on his team by allowing a team vote on whether Jeremy Hill would return to the team after two horrible assaults.

Star tailback Jeremy Hill is back at LSU, but don't blame Les Miles - CBSSports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 12:36 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,765,424 times
Must be something in the grass.

Perhaps he should have phrased it to the players a bit differently...

"Hey guys, who wants a teammate who is an admitted child sodomizer and has extremely poor judgement? Sign your name to this petition that will be made public."

Even the 30+ NFL players who have been arrested recently are probably shaking their heads.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:30 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,776,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Les Miles completely abdicated any responsibility for character on his team by allowing a team vote on whether Jeremy Hill would return to the team after two horrible assaults.

I'm not surprised by this. If this guy was a 3rd, or 4th stringer he would have been gone. Very few teams take strong and swift action when one of their top tier players makes dumb choices off the field.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:21 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,308,316 times
My guess is that Miles is facing some serious heat from boosters -- like 'Losing to Nick Saban and watching him win championship after championship is starting to get old' kinda heat. I also think a lot of LSU fans are still holding their crotch after last year's devastating last-minute collapse to freakin Clemson in the Chick-Fil-A bowl. I don't know if Hill's necessarily being counted on to be the future of LSU football; I'd guess that instead he's going to be an insurance policy. This joker's another Cecil Collins.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I'm not surprised by this. If this guy was a 3rd, or 4th stringer he would have been gone. Very few teams take strong and swift action when one of their top tier players makes dumb choices off the field.
Yeah, but one thing that stands out to me is, Nick Saban doesn't recruit this sh*t; Les Miles does. The average IQ of the LSU football team has dropped since Saban's recruits left and Miles' recruits took over. Miles still gets physically gifted athletes, but some of them are dumber than dirt. You can win ten games with raw talent, but it takes discipline and intelligence to win a national title. That's win Alabama kicked our ass all over the field in the BCS title game in 2011/12. Raw talent held Alabama in Tuscaloosa, but intelligence and discipline won in the end.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:49 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,112,510 times
Somes schools and coaches could really give a $hit about those young men. All it is is about winning. As a fan who is critical about my coach Mac Brown, there is no flippin way the kid stays on the team, the school wouldn't allow it nor the coach. Mac if you ever listen to him speak its not only football, but trying to make them become better men in life. Hopefully someone will do that for this kid. Cause that $hit is not ok.

Sidenote: where the flip is the NCAA?? Penn St scandle is not old news.

Last edited by FastFerrari; 08-10-2013 at 01:58 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 10:12 PM

5,542 posts, read 9,446,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post

Not surprised in the least.

Should have asked us Okies about his character.

He a loud-mouthed Yankee from Michigan who went to Oklahoma State and thought he was slicker than snot! He frequently would take unwarranted shots at Stoops/Sooners.....Stoops would routinely hit the ignore button as an elite team coach should.

Heck, I have many folks in my extended family who are Okie State fans. I haven't found one of 'em yet who was that happy with the "Mad Hatter" or whatever he's called. Miles is a fool, nothing more, nothing less.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:01 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,293,255 times
It is common knowledge that LSU is the thug team in the SEC. They always have kids on their team that other coaches would not keep because of their off the field activities.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
It is common knowledge that LSU is the thug team in the SEC. They always have kids on their team that other coaches would not keep because of their off the field activities.
Yeah, other coaches like Urban Meyer and Florida.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:41 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,293,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Yeah, other coaches like Urban Meyer and Florida.
Florida is not my team, but there are many coaches besides Miles that have kept talented players who have been in trouble. Also, this does not happen just in the SEC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football