U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:24 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,607,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I agree cfb. I like LSU's youth this year. Under the radar is where the mad hatter likes it and that's exactly where they are.

aTm will lose 3-4 games this year. They lost too much talent and aren't going to reload. Bama takes them to woodshed in collie station. Manziel will learn quickly how good his o-line actually was last year.

Welcome to the board WGG.
Bama and LSU both have a lot of questions, though Bama's probably got more ability to reload than LSU. The price of success is losing lots of juniors and seniors and not knowing how they're going to be replaced. We could say Georgia might take over the conference, but they lost a lot of defensive talent, and honestly, despite their individual defensive talent, they never quite lived up to their potential anyway. Maybe Florida's the sleeper team? Maybe Ole Miss or Vandy finally becomes an elite team?

The real reason I think the SEC might actually not repeat this year is this: SEC recruiting is now becoming more evenly spread among the conference schools. Since about 2005, LSU, Alabama, Florida, and perhaps one other team here and there have loaded up on the recruiting; however, in the past two to three years, it's become more balanced. Miss. St. is actually building a program. Ole Miss is recruiting well. Tennessee and Kentucky are keeping their in-state recruits and raiding the southeastern states of Georgia and Florida. It's great for parity, but bad for SEC dominance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 01:24 PM

71,937 posts, read 83,597,281 times
Quote:
Since this thread was so much last year; Early predictions. BCS National Champion 2012 season. Lets do it again!

Who plays? Who wins? We'll revisit in December/January. Don't be coming with your "picks" after week one.

I'm going with Stanford over LSU.

How about you?
I would not even give this a shot: every time someone picks this or that team they bomb out. USC last year for starters!!!

Old 08-29-2013, 09:57 PM

4,709 posts, read 3,504,326 times
Provided Alabama gets past Texas A&M, I think they can run the table until the SEC championship game. And if they win that, then it's a given they are on to the BCS title game.

It would be fun -- a lot of fun -- to watch Ohio State make it to the title game, and then lose by 35 to Alabama.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:24 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Provided Alabama gets past Texas A&M, I think they can run the table until the SEC championship game. And if they win that, then it's a given they are on to the BCS title game.

It would be fun -- a lot of fun -- to watch Ohio State make it to the title game, and then lose by 35 to Alabama.
That doesn't sound like much fun at all.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:18 PM

4,709 posts, read 3,504,326 times
Quote:
That doesn't sound like much fun at all.
Yeah, it's probably not much fun to the average fan.

But when you have a friend like I do that is the most obnoxious OSU homer ever, it can be lots of fun.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:03 PM

411 posts, read 652,229 times
Nick Saban will be arrested for helping Jerry Sandusky and the Alabama football team will be shut down.

Buckeyes vs Hurricanes National championship game.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:38 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,004,160 times
My wife predicts Nebraska and Alabama. She is rapid Husker fan. I asked her if she wanted to see them get crushed.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:12 AM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,575 times
Oregon vs. Alabama

Old 08-31-2013, 09:12 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,357,933 times
As of right now Bama vs Stanford

Old 08-31-2013, 06:32 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,378,972 times
I'll say Stanford over Georgia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football