U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 11:02 AM

3,150 posts, read 2,191,810 times

Advertisements

ESPN is saying that Bill O'Brien MIGHT be going to the pros.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 09:34 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,071 posts, read 1,832,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
ESPN is saying that Bill O'Brien MIGHT be going to the pros.
Yes and Greg Schiano will be back to coaching in college football where he belongs - At Penn State from all places !

Old 01-01-2014, 02:49 AM

3,150 posts, read 2,191,810 times
Apparently. it's official. O' Brien is going to Houston.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:41 AM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Apparently. it's official. O' Brien is going to Houston.
Here are the choices
Who will replace Bill O'Brien at Penn State? - CBSSports.com
What would be your prefererence John F S?

Old 01-01-2014, 08:43 AM

2,034 posts, read 2,427,805 times
I can see Schiano at Penn St.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
I can see Schiano at Penn St.
Same here

Old 01-02-2014, 05:10 AM

10,459 posts, read 5,920,270 times
I just wanted to pop in to compliment the posters on this board for being adults. I was curious to see the reaction to the O'Brien news and was half expecting "deserter", "traitor" posts as I've seen elsewhere. Which of course is nonsense, the guy has the right to leave for the pros just as any eligible player does.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:29 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,345,511 times
Bill, doesn't deserve a promotion. I'm not impressed, I believe the were many coaches they should have considered. Something seems odd/fishy.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:27 PM

12,351 posts, read 7,501,291 times
It will be interestng to see how much hue and cry is raised bythe Politically Correct Clique if the helm is returned to a PSU grad; From 1930 to 2011, Penn State had only three head coaches, and I always took pride in the belief that we imposed our own standards, and lived up to them.

The Sandusky scandal, which certains sectors of the media and the publc worked hard to turn into "the Penn State scandal", was orchestrated from the first by people with an agenda that went a lot further than football. Since Paterno was "thrown under the bus" there has been very little attention devoted to others among the University leadership who were involved, and I cannot understand why.

And finally, it still amazes me that, in a time when any issue with sexual overtones is subject to all manner of investiation and analysis by the media, the operation of Sandusky's sham "Second Mile" operstion wasn't noted and put under a closer scrutiny years before the scandal erupted. Paterno was sacrificed because he was often "out of the loop" -- two or three generations had passed between his "time" and that of the people he was coaching, and the workings of the publicity schlockmeisters were insulating him a bit more every day.

There are a lot more rocks to be turned over in Happy Valley, and painful as it may be, we owe it to ouselves to see what crawls out from underneath.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:06 AM

293 posts, read 376,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
It will be interestng to see how much hue and cry is raised bythe Politically Correct Clique if the helm is returned to a PSU grad; From 1930 to 2011, Penn State had only three head coaches, and I always took pride in the belief that we imposed our own standards, and lived up to them.

The Sandusky scandal, which certains sectors of the media and the publc worked hard to turn into "the Penn State scandal", was orchestrated from the first by people with an agenda that went a lot further than football. Since Paterno was "thrown under the bus" there has been very little attention devoted to others among the University leadership who were involved, and I cannot understand why.

And finally, it still amazes me that, in a time when any issue with sexual overtones is subject to all manner of investiation and analysis by the media, the operation of Sandusky's sham "Second Mile" operstion wasn't noted and put under a closer scrutiny years before the scandal erupted. Paterno was sacrificed because he was often "out of the loop" -- two or three generations had passed between his "time" and that of the people he was coaching, and the workings of the publicity schlockmeisters were insulating him a bit more every day.

There are a lot more rocks to be turned over in Happy Valley, and painful as it may be, we owe it to ouselves to see what crawls out from underneath.
Solid post. As a Florida State fan, I always respected Penn State and Paterno. The problem I have with the situation is that when a state school is paying you millions, it's your job to know what is going on. Like Bowden, Paterno coached past his prime. These guys were senior citizens almost 20 years before they left. Lots of people were hurt by Sandusky...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or