U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 07:50 AM

203 posts, read 279,632 times

Advertisements

That was a weird one, but congrats to MSU for winning the first legit BigTen Championship Game.

Really thought OSU should have pulled that one off: The first half looked like MSU's defense was over hyped. They couldn't stop anything, but OSU kept shooting themselves in the foot, and couldn't do anything. Jitters? But was impressed with Cook (he looks like a real pro-style prospect in the making). 2nd half showed both teams true colors I thought. OSU ran the ball at will and MSU's pass defense stifled Braxon Miller (who has not-actually improved that much as a passer) and a sup-par receiving corp. Then Urban Myer's play calling got to predictable at the end, and OSU's defensive holes got exposed.

A real even match up, truth be told. One OSU could have, and probably should have won, but MSU was the better team that day. Just sucks that SEC trolls are going to get another year to brag about their mythical dominance of college football after the national championship streak continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 09:13 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,635,047 times
OSU let that one get away from them, but MSU is very well-coached and they've been making big defensive plays and stands all year long. They're arguably the best in the Big right now, and they'd probably play FSU or Alabama competitively for at least a half.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 AM

667 posts, read 1,093,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasomm View Post
Just sucks that SEC trolls are going to get another year to brag about their mythical dominance of college football after the national championship streak continues.
You are hereby granted temporary membership in the Seminole Fan Nation to help root against that.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:09 PM

203 posts, read 279,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
You are hereby granted temporary membership in the Seminole Fan Nation to help root against that.
Pass.

I will abstain from watching this BCS championship game. This year - more than any other since (january) 2004 - cries for a 4 team playoff.

Not to stir up trouble, but I think FSU would lose a semi-final (or any bowl game) game against any of the current top-8 except OSU. That one is a coin toss.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:28 PM

667 posts, read 1,093,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasomm View Post

Not to stir up trouble, but I think FSU would lose a semi-final (or any bowl game) game against any of the current top-8 except OSU. That one is a coin toss.
Since you're not going to watch the NCG I'm going to guess you haven't watched FSU play much this year and haven't seen their stats.

So how badly do you think Auburn is going to beat them?

Old 12-10-2013, 02:42 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,994,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
Since you're not going to watch the NCG I'm going to guess you haven't watched FSU play much this year and haven't seen their stats.

So how badly do you think Auburn is going to beat them?

I'm an Auburn fan, and I have zero idea how this game is going to go. FSU has been dominating, but against inferior competition. Their main benchmark game this year has been Clemson. And Clemson is a big question mark themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football