U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 06:53 PM

5,417 posts, read 7,742,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I had to watch the whole game with the sound off. Will CBS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Fire Vern Lunquist?
Nothing can ruin a game like his half senile mindless worthless droning......
Danielson's worse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 01:52 PM

1,475 posts, read 3,382,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Bama's secondary is very suspect.

Very true. History tells us Saban is a master teacher and the players will improve as the season goes on. I hope that is the case, as I saw the weakness in the secondary. Granted, it was against a high-powered offense; but a true, top-shelf defense shouldn't have given up the pass yardage they did the other day.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:31 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,422,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
Very true. History tells us Saban is a master teacher and the players will improve as the season goes on. I hope that is the case, as I saw the weakness in the secondary. Granted, it was against a high-powered offense; but a true, top-shelf defense shouldn't have given up the pass yardage they did the other day.
I think the stat line is misleading... At the beginning of the game and late in the game Bama ran a lot of man to man and blitz. They got burned...

During the middle they ran a lot of zone and played much better, causing A&M to sputter offensively.

This tells me that Saban took chances at end because of the lead he had. If the game is closer they probably play more zone and do not allow as many yards.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:21 AM

48,516 posts, read 84,234,042 times
I think overtime as Bama's size and depth took its on toll on A&M defense. A&M defense after all gave up 21 points to Rice in their first game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football