U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 06:36 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,339,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas2010 View Post
By the same token, how is LSU ranked so high? Their quality of wins, or lack thereof, befuddles me as to how they're now #6.

TCU, UAB, Kent St, and a 3-3 Miss St are hardly brag-worthy. Wins over Auburn and Florida are more notable, but those two teams have yet to prove themselves.

And a loss to a growing rag-tag Georgia team that struggled against Tennessee, needed all 4 quarters to beat my alma mater AT HOME, and finally loss to Mizzou?

Sorry, but I don't see anything top-10 about LSU. Top 15, maybe.
And to that end, Georgia should be closer to 20.

I'm okay with #1 Alabama; not thrilled with #7 A&M (no quality wins yet but played Alabama well), #11 S.Carolina needs to earn that #11 ranking but I'd keep them inside the top 15; Mizzou won't be able to hold their #14 rank after losing their QB but props to them for trying; Florida should be sitting just outside the top 25, not inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 06:37 AM

1,029 posts, read 1,339,651 times
Quote:

I'm okay with #1 Alabama; not thrilled with #7 A&M (no quality wins yet but played Alabama well), #11 S.Carolina needs to earn that #11 ranking but I'd keep them inside the top 15; Mizzou won't be able to hold their #14 rank after losing their QB but props to them for trying; Florida should be sitting just outside the top 25, not inside.
In case anyone was wondering.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:06 AM

13,720 posts, read 25,528,496 times
Quote:

Who is your top 10?

As for Missouri - you shouldn't rank them on what they might do. You rank them on where they are today. Do you think the teams currently below Florida would beat them?

Old 10-14-2013, 11:30 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,357,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Why is Bama's schedule so weak?
Its not Bama's fault that Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Miss. St and Auburn are in the process of rebuilding their programs.

Virginia Tech and Texas A&M's only losses are to Alabama.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:02 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,607,529 times
I suspect we'll find out a bit more about Alabama's true strength when LSU arrives in Tuscaloosa. It's only fitting; the road to the BCS has gone through either Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge for the past several years, so here we go again.

FWIW, I'm wondering where Acuda or Ducky are. I'd have thought they'd be hootin n hollerin about the Ducks, who look damn near unstoppable this year.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 PM

6,349 posts, read 8,389,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Its not Bama's fault that Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Miss. St and Auburn are in the process of rebuilding their programs.

Virginia Tech and Texas A&M's only losses are to Alabama.
VT isnt looking that good this year. Yes, they only have one loss but they struggled against some pretty mediocre teams. Alabama is the only good team they have really played.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:38 AM

11,787 posts, read 13,356,722 times
When it is all said and done Alabama will have played 5 top 25 teams. This while running their conference schedule. Haters gonna hate no matter what they do.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:00 AM

114 posts, read 114,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
VT isnt looking that good this year. Yes, they only have one loss but they struggled against some pretty mediocre teams. Alabama is the only good team they have really played.
Sounds like Notre Dame last year.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Virginia Tech's defense has lived up to the hype, but their offense is just terrible.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I suspect we'll find out a bit more about Alabama's true strength when LSU arrives in Tuscaloosa. It's only fitting; the road to the BCS has gone through either Tuscaloosa or Baton Rouge for the past several years, so here we go again.

FWIW, I'm wondering where Acuda or Ducky are. I'd have thought they'd be hootin n hollerin about the Ducks, who look damn near unstoppable this year.
I enjoy the rivalry with LSU because it means SO much every year. Division, SEC, BCS titles are on line as it will be the case this year.

15-20 years ago, Bama fans wouldnt consider this as a big game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football