U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2013, 05:09 AM
 
48,516 posts, read 84,010,700 times
Reputation: 18050

Advertisements

It just goes to show that nany given Saturday in college sports especially since offense is more and more favored by the rules. Alabama certainly has shown the most strength both sides of the ball and depth of positions.

Last edited by texdav; 10-20-2013 at 05:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2013, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,787 posts, read 13,383,576 times
Reputation: 10025
Neither TAMU or Mizzou has won the SEC yet so by them both having decent seasons doesnt prove anything. However all the hand wringing and tears shed shows the jealous obsession people have of trying to prove the SEC isnt who we thought they were.

to beat the champ you got to beat the champ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2013, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Central Texas
13,720 posts, read 25,561,858 times
Reputation: 9216
A&M won't win the division unless sometime ridiculous happens. They have no defense but they have one hell of a quarterback and offense. Missouri on the other hand has a good chance of winning the east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2013, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,948,333 times
Reputation: 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
It just goes to show that nany given Saturday in college sports especially since offense is more and more favored by the rules. Alabama certainly has shown the most strength both sides of the ball and depth of positions.
Have they really? Offense has struggled against decent defenses. Defense couldn't handle Manziel. Prior to the season, they were herald to having a easy schedule. I don't believe this is the same Alabama from last year at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourian
Neither TAMU or Mizzou has won the SEC yet so by them both having decent seasons doesnt prove anything. However all the hand wringing and tears shed shows the jealous obsession people have of trying to prove the SEC isnt who we thought they were.

to beat the champ you got to beat the champ.
The champ is one team. Not a conference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2013, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,787 posts, read 13,383,576 times
Reputation: 10025
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Have they really? Offense has struggled against decent defenses. Defense couldn't handle Manziel. Prior to the season, they were herald to having a easy schedule. I don't believe this is the same Alabama from last year at all.


The champ is one team. Not a conference.
It isnt the same Alabama from last year. They have a different roster.

The champ is one team. And so far the new guys havent made it to the top yet. How many years will it take before you SEC haters consider TAMU and Mizzou part of the SEC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2013, 01:53 PM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,414 posts, read 7,717,153 times
Reputation: 3064
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Have they really? Offense has struggled against decent defenses. Defense couldn't handle Manziel. Prior to the season, they were herald to having a easy schedule. I don't believe this is the same Alabama from last year at all.


The champ is one team. Not a conference.


You would think that's not such a difficult concept, but for the SEC folks, apparently, it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2013, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Metro Birmingham, AL
1,673 posts, read 2,361,966 times
Reputation: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Have they really? Offense has struggled against decent defenses. Defense couldn't handle Manziel. Prior to the season, they were herald to having a easy schedule. I don't believe this is the same Alabama from last year at all.
Tell me a defense that has handled Manziel this season?

Offensive stuggles?. Bama has scored 35, 49, 31, 25, 45, and 52.

Alabama's defense has given up only 7 points in its last three SEC games. Bama shut out Ole Miss 25-0, the same team that beat LSU last night.

Obviously this team is not the same as last years team. Just like the 2012 team wasnt the same as the 2011 team, and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2013, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Metro Birmingham, AL
1,673 posts, read 2,361,966 times
Reputation: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post


You would think that's not such a difficult concept, but for the SEC folks, apparently, it is.
Lets not act like if OU somehow won the BCS Iowa St, Kansas, Texas Tech, OSU fans would be crowing about how the Big 12 stopped the SEC BCS streak. The same with the ACC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2013, 06:40 PM
 
Location: Metro Birmingham, AL
1,673 posts, read 2,361,966 times
Reputation: 1219
SEC teams in the BCS
#1 Alabama
#5 Mizzou
#11 Auburn
#14 LSU
#16 Texas A&M
#25 South Carolina

The SEC has the most teams in the BCS with 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 05:48 PM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,414 posts, read 7,717,153 times
Reputation: 3064
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Lets not act like if OU somehow won the BCS Iowa St, Kansas, Texas Tech, OSU fans would be crowing about how the Big 12 stopped the SEC BCS streak. The same with the ACC.
It would have happened in 2008 vs. the Gators, but the Sooners were short Demarrco Murray. It made a difference for sure. It was a close game until late in the 4th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top