Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 12:00 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times

Advertisements

Aloha,

Im so tired of Oregon haters. The excuse is always Oregon never plays anyone, well if you haven't noticed, before the end of this week the PAC-12 is second for top 25 teams in the nation. If your hoping Stanford will knock off Oregon? Im sorry Stanford couldn't even beat Utah. You have to be crazy not to have Oregon ranked #2, What team in the country can easily rack up 50 points a game or 600 yards offense every week? Even against a top 10 defense like Washington. Oregon could of easily scored another touchdown in that game, but like most games let off the gas.

I think what even makes Oregon so scary is there speed but also most of there key positions are 1,2,3 yr players. Very young team, to be this good, watchout next few years when they get more experience. Enough said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 01:49 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Aloha,

Im so tired of Oregon haters. The excuse is always Oregon never plays anyone, well if you haven't noticed, before the end of this week the PAC-12 is second for top 25 teams in the nation. If your hoping Stanford will knock off Oregon? Im sorry Stanford couldn't even beat Utah. You have to be crazy not to have Oregon ranked #2, What team in the country can easily rack up 50 points a game or 600 yards offense every week? Even against a top 10 defense like Washington. Oregon could of easily scored another touchdown in that game, but like most games let off the gas.

I think what even makes Oregon so scary is there speed but also most of there key positions are 1,2,3 yr players. Very young team, to be this good, watchout next few years when they get more experience. Enough said.
Oregon has made Harrier's top 10 - they are at #9.

If they truly are worthy of being #2, they will keep winning.

We shall see.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:59 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,680 times
Quote:
Aloha,

When did 20 = 10 (total defense)? When did 26 = 10 (scoring defense)? Washington isn't a top defense.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:44 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,875,345 times
Quote:
Aloha,

Im not an Oregon hater and think they are a good team. However, the ranking system for the NCAA is flawed. It is based off the chance of going to a BCS conference and if a conference gets an automatic bid they can be ranked highly with a weak schedule.

Theoretically you could put the very worst division I teams in a conference, have them play each other and a few cupcake non conference games, and if this conference had an automatic BCS bid some of them would get ranked. If a team went undefeated in this conference it could be ranked #1. This team could suck and would get destroyed by any team in the PAC, or any good conference, but because of the autobid mediocre teams can be ranked very highly.

Likewise a good team in a conference full of good teams could go unranked because it needs to play against very tough conference teams. This team might be able to destroy many of the ranked teams, but because ranking is based off the BCS system which is based off the conference it would get ranked low or go unranked despite being better.

The playoffs will help alleviate this, but I feel they are too small. I wish it was 8 games instead of 4. Then you would really see how teams compared.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:23 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Good match-up tonight. In the latest Harrier Pole, #22 ranked Oregone Mighty Ducks vs the just outside the pole #27 ranked Standfurd Cardinals. Whoever wins this game might just creep into the top 20 in the Harrier Pole.

Who do you have winning the game?

I think Oregone pulls away late.

**yes, things are misspelled intentionally**

Old 11-07-2013, 05:43 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Good match-up tonight. In the latest Harrier Pole, #22 ranked Oregone Mighty Ducks vs the just outside the pole #27 ranked Standfurd Cardinals. Whoever wins this game might just creep into the top 20 in the Harrier Pole.

Who do you have winning the game?

I think Oregone pulls away late.

**yes, things are misspelled intentionally**
Hard to say. Hunch says Oregon by a whisker. Maybe if they win, they'll slide past #20 ranked Middle Tennessee State in the Harrier Poll. Maybe even Rice at #18.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:31 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,680 times
I tuned in to see this high powered Baylor Bears offense. Yeah totally overrated.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Aloha,

LOL

Years we have watched so many jump on the Quacks bandwagon only to find out when they play a team much smarter, stronger and better they get their butts handed to them.

Seems like 4-5 years now everyone talked about all of these exciting players they have. Have fast they run etc.

Nothing to show for it.

And tonight a much smarter, stronger, better football team in Stanford is kicking their butts badly.

The Quacks are an overrated team when it comes to playing a physical, smarter team and has been this way for the last 4-5 years.

Another year and another choke by Oregon.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:51 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,313 times
Worst Duck game I have seen for a long time. This was Boise State bad. We got blown up in every phase of the game. The positive thing is maybe, just maybe, we can get rid of these ******* bandwagon tools.

I hope to see the Ducks in the Alamo Bowl so I can go watch them. Tough living in Big 12 country being a Duck fan.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:06 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
Well it was fun watching Stanford play SEC style ball and beat the brakes off the Ducks for 3 quarters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football