Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 09:10 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,632,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Who is? The Oregon Duck fan? Oregon has been to 4 straight BCS games and have won the Rose and Fiesta Bowl back to back. I highly doubt it will be a long year for a Duck fan. Most fans who have been watching before the BCS still consider a top bowl game a rare feat. Hell, little ol' Oregon has won more big bowls than many teams lately.

Do people actually watch football nowadays? Too many ******* morons here.
Yes, but at a certain point fans stop wanting a BCS bowl win and start wanting a National Championship. I think Oregon's fan base is past the BCS bowl thing now and only want 1 thing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 09:59 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,902,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Yes, but at a certain point fans stop wanting a BCS bowl win and start wanting a National Championship. I think Oregon's fan base is past the BCS bowl thing now and only want 1 thing..
Which Harrier predicts that they won't receive anytime soon, especially with the new playoff system starting next season.

Oregon should join the SEC if it wants to be a serious player in the college football world.

There it would learn some valuable lessons in winning and losing week in and week out.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:47 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,309,280 times
Quote:
Stanford caved in our line decisively. However, Mariota has had a slight MCL and we had heard rumors for a bit. He never tried the zone read and really only tucked it once or twice. It was like watching Darron Thomas back there- no threat of running. We were outplayed, out coached, out motivated for the second straight year.
I had heard rumors about the MCL. I'm sure it did have an effect on the outcome, but I don't know if it was the decisive factor. Stanford pretty much stopped everything up the middle and their LBs did a great job moving laterally. Stanford's just really stout on those lines and to win against a team like that, the Ducks have to be less dependent on the strategy of scoring and getting off the field. That works against most teams, but not against the elite teams. That's been proven time and time again.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:14 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,443,475 times
Quote:
Believe me, I am disappointed not going to the Natty. We have accomplished more than most schools with our 5 BCS games (3 wins). I have seen highs and lows of Oregon football. Hopefully our philosophy about of OL and DL being long and fast is tweaked a bit and we start to go after a few space eaters to compliment our DEs. Losing our LBs from last year, especially Kiko Alonso from last year really hurt us. The new crop are just not that good so dar. Until then, we could struggle vs. the bigger elite teams (and there are only a couple imo- Bama, LSU, Stanford- all 3 with a ton of NFL talent on the lines). But winning another BCS, especially if we can back our way into the Grandaddy of them all, will sooth a bit and not make it feel like a long year.

Last edited by Acuda; 11-11-2013 at 08:44 PM..

Old 11-11-2013, 08:53 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,579,791 times
Quote:
What? In what world is winning the Rose Bowl "just not enough" for an Oregon fan. Oregon. Bro. They couldn't even make it to that game for like 40 straight years. All the sudden winning it is not enough? Da fuq?

Old 11-11-2013, 08:55 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,722,737 times
Oregon was proclaiming ( before Stanford game )................" we want Alabama "

I posted they could have had them last year if they had won out.
I also said if they win out, it will all work out.

They could not do it last year.
They could not do it this year

Same song, second verse

Old 11-11-2013, 08:56 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,722,737 times
They sure looked stupid in those uniforms.

Donate them to an Arena football league team that can't afford uniforms.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:05 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,309,280 times
Quote:
Believe me, I am disappointed not going to the Natty. We have accomplished more than most schools with our 5 BCS games (3 wins). I have seen highs and lows of Oregon football. Hopefully our philosophy about of OL and DL being long and fast is tweaked a bit and we start to go after a few space eaters to compliment our DEs. Losing our LBs from last year, especially Kiko Alonso from last year really hurt us. The new crop are just not that good so dar. Until then, we could struggle vs. the bigger elite teams (and there are only a couple imo- Bama, LSU, Stanford- all 3 with a ton of NFL talent on the lines). But winning another BCS, especially if we can back our way into the Grandaddy of them all, will sooth a bit and not make it feel like a long year.
Oregon's got the same problem LSU has. They've probably got some good defensive talent - better than what has been shown to date. They just need more experience. It's hard to get better from week to week sometimes, with injuries and not always having time to break down film. The bowl season will give us a good indication of what Oregon can do next year. Oregon probably could use a defensive lineman or two who can get lower to the ground and get leverage on guys, though.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:13 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,902,201 times
It is hard to be good when you play in a dog of a conference like the Pac 12.

The Rose Bowl is the only true bright spot in the Pac 12 horizon.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:18 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,443,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It is hard to be good when you play in a dog of a conference like the Pac 12.

The Rose Bowl is the only true bright spot in the Pac 12 horizon.
It is hard to take you seriously when you don't even man up and tell us what team you support. But we get it, you don't like the Pac-12. Thanks for the insight Bob Dole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football