U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 01:09 AM

38,690 posts, read 89,223,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
This dude for taking credit for predicting Auburn would win on the craziest football game ending ever...

The guy didn't say how they were going to win, just that they would win.

And unlike the Georgia ending, this win wasn't just dumb luck. Auburn was prepared. They had a man back there ready to field a short kick, and they had a blocking wall ready to clear the way for him. Alabama sat there with their thumbs up their asses thinking regulation time was over until they figured out maybe the guy who fielded the ball was actually gonna get somewhere.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:22 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The guy didn't say how they were going to win, just that they would win.

And unlike the Georgia ending, this win wasn't just dumb luck. Auburn was prepared. They had a man back there ready to field a short kick, and they had a blocking wall ready to clear the way for him. Alabama sat there with their thumbs up their asses thinking regulation time was over until they figured out maybe the guy who fielded the ball was actually gonna get somewhere.
you are proving my point... but if want to bump for him by all means, hand him a towel out of the shower. Auburn deserves credit for a great win. but no one predicted this outcome and no one should be taking credit.

A dead clock is right twice a day...

Old 12-02-2013, 07:06 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,854,553 times
Quote:
you are proving my point... but if want to bump for him by all means, hand him a towel out of the shower. Auburn deserves credit for a great win. but no one predicted this outcome and no one should be taking credit.

Yet you thought that auburn had zero chance to win in the first place. I thought auburn had a really good chance at winning. They did. Whatever's bro. You didn't even take the 10.5 points, I publicly locked it a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 12-02-2013 at 07:14 AM..

Old 12-02-2013, 07:21 AM

667 posts, read 1,083,852 times
Quote:

I actually called for it jokingly with my wife as they were setting up for the field goal... "wouldn't it be funny if he missed it and they caught it and returned it for a td to win" of course not thinking that there was really any chance of it, as rare as it is. I think I heard someone say that there have only been 4 in NCAA history of a missed fg returned for a td. I know they had a few of these in the NFL in recent years.

You can't blame Saban for attempting the FG but you can certainly blame bama for not being prepared for that- any time you see a return guy standing under the goal you better be ready.

Auburn is a very good team and hung with Bama the whole game. This game could easily have gone either way, even without the miracle ending.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:33 AM

29,124 posts, read 22,038,882 times
Quote:

The clock isn't dead until someone takes a knee.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:15 AM

38,690 posts, read 89,223,450 times
Quote:

I didn't bump anything. ngb predicted an Auburn win, he was right, get over it.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Yet you thought that auburn had zero chance to win in the first place. I thought auburn had a really good chance at winning. They did. Whatever's bro. You didn't even take the 10.5 points, I publicly locked it a couple of weeks ago.
If they played tomorrow I wouldn't take the points... Auburn played great. They hung in with the Champs and beat them. But they are not better than Bama. 10.5 is about right where the line should of been at Auburn.

I'm not taking anything away from you getting the call right... Congrats on that!

But it's not like you 100% knew. You had a hunch and You got lucky... as bad as Bama played it still took a miracle finish. That's all I'm saying. To make it seem like it was all part of your prediction is just going a little far.

So come on now...

Old 12-02-2013, 02:28 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,854,553 times
Quote:
If they played tomorrow I wouldn't take the points... Auburn played great. They hung in with the Champs and beat them. But they are not better than Bama. 10.5 is about right where the line should of been at Auburn.

I'm not taking anything away from you getting the call right... Congrats on that!

But it's not like you 100% knew. You had a hunch and You got lucky... as bad as Bama played it still took a miracle finish. That's all I'm saying. To make it seem like it was all part of your prediction is just going a little far.

So come on now...

Mizzou (-2.5) over Auburn. Money in the bank.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Mizzou (-2.5) over Auburn. Money in the bank.
For the sake of not seeing Auburn get beat by FSU... I will be rooting for you on this one!

Old 12-03-2013, 04:07 PM

14,260 posts, read 24,000,210 times
You have to look at the positive side of the Alabama loss> Maybe they'll get to play Northern Illinois and avenge their last loss to the Huskies.

Northern Illinois Huskies vs. Alabama Crimson Tide - Box Score - September 20, 2003 - ESPN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football