U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 07:07 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,947,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I'd agree that FSU hasn't necessarily played great defenses this year, but the speed and athleticism of the WRs is terrifying.
Total Defense
#10 UF - top 20 in Scoring D
#23 Clemson - top 20 in Scoring D
#34 Maryland
#35 Wake Forest
#40 Syracuse

FSU also faced one of the best defensive linemen in the country...
Aaron Donald (Pitt) - finalist to Chuck Bednarik and Bronko Nagurski awards

I know when FSU ran up the score, it didn't make it seem like they were good defenses at all.

Last edited by ncopus99; 12-05-2013 at 07:26 PM..

Old 12-05-2013, 09:56 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,610,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
****tiest match ups that I can remember.
I really hope they do away with these silly-@ssed at-large match-ups featuring schools from the Moonshiners Athletic Conference (or whatever they're called). Boise State was a fascinating team and gave us what may be the greatest football game ever played. But they're the exception and not the rule.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Total Defense
#10 UF - top 20 in Scoring D
#23 Clemson - top 20 in Scoring D
#34 Maryland
#35 Wake Forest
#40 Syracuse

FSU also faced one of the best defensive linemen in the country...
Aaron Donald (Pitt) - finalist to Chuck Bednarik and Bronko Nagurski awards

I know when FSU ran up the score, it didn't make it seem like they were good defenses at all.
I admit, I haven't seen all of the games, but I'd say a lot of FSU's points came as a result of its excellent field position and turnovers. Not doubting that FSU has a really good offense, but it could be a little overrated. Or maybe not. Time will tell.

Whatever, I don't think any of it matters. FSU's not going to be stopped unless OSU and Auburn both stumble and Alabama can leapfrog Mizzou. And even then, I'd probably make FSU the favorite at this point. But give Nick Saban to work that loaded talent at Bama, and anything can happen. That being said, if anyone knows the mind of Saban, it's Jimbo Fisher, so the Noles would even have an edge there.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:06 AM

8,548 posts, read 8,884,653 times
the only great thing this year is the end of bcs. the 4 team playoff is welcome, hopefully it will be expanded quickly to 8-12 teams

Old 12-06-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
the only great thing this year is the end of bcs. the 4 team playoff is welcome, hopefully it will be expanded quickly to 8-12 teams
8 teams maximum. Any more than that and it ruins what's great about college football - every week matters.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:19 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,854,937 times
Quote:
8 teams maximum. Any more than that and it ruins what's great about college football - every week matters.
Unless you are a member of the sec, they all get at least one mulligan.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:10 PM

28,266 posts, read 26,258,197 times
Quote:
Their DBs are f***ing unreal. That's the thing that just stands out about FSU. They're incredibly athletic at the skilled positions. A lot - I mean a LOT - of NFL ready guys. There are two things that teams just cannot prepare for: speed and brute force. Alabama and the past SEC champions have brought the brute force with them. But FSU brings the speed and they're not exactly wimps on the line, either. But the speed and raw athletic ability is something that teams just cannot prepare for.

Look, I was talking a lotta sh*t about FSU and ACC last year. I'll still talk smack about the ACC, but not FSU. They Noles are some kinda bad ass.
Florida State has always had athletes. The whole state of Florida is just ridiculously rich in football talent (and speed!)

Deion Sanders, Warrick Dunn, Peter Warrick, Terrell Buckley - Florida State - YouTube

Old 12-06-2013, 12:18 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,360,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Unless you are a member of the sec, they all get at least one mulligan.
Its what happens when you in the toughest conference in College Football.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:53 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,882,570 times
Quote:
The NFL has playoffs and every week matters.

I don't buy the bs that a playoff diminishes the regular season. If anything, it makes it matter more. A team that has lost 1, or 2 games knows their chances of reaching the title game are pretty much gone. Knowing there's a playoff will make the games matter that much more.

8 teams is a perfect number, imo.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:05 PM

14,261 posts, read 24,004,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The NFL has playoffs and every week matters.

I don't buy the bs that a playoff diminishes the regular season. If anything, it makes it matter more. A team that has lost 1, or 2 games knows their chances of reaching the title game are pretty much gone. Knowing there's a playoff will make the games matter that much more.

8 teams is a perfect number, imo.

Actually, if the BCS did not pretty much have a "one and done" philosophy, you might see some excellent non-conference match-ups as opposed the the usual SEC vs Sunbelt/FCS matchups.

A 16 team playoff still represents less than 15% of the FBS schools participating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football