U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2014, 04:40 PM
 
3,935 posts, read 5,585,861 times
Reputation: 4160

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Alabama's gonna slap the absolute sh*t outta Oklahoma and there's not a sane person who doesn't think that's gonna happen. OK State set this up perfectly. They actually let the Sooners think they're a BCS team, and they've got the misfortune of facing an angry full-of-p*ss Alabama team that knows it - and not Auburn - should be playing for the BCS Title. It's got a lot of time to get full of rage, and it's got the guy as head coach who's not gonna let them sleep until they go out and beat the bleep out of the next team they face -- and that's you OU. Enjoy yer trip to the Alabama woodshed. Take yer whuppin like a man.
Where have you been since the OU-Bama game chickenfriedbrains, I mean chickenfriedbanana? We've missed watching you try to pull your big old foot out of your mouth!
Here's the only "whuppin" Alabama put on OU. Crazy woman should have been fined, at least. If a man would have done what she did, he'd go straight to jail.
WATCH: Bama woman attacks OU fan at Sugar Bowl | News OK

 
Old 01-04-2014, 04:50 PM
 
6,611 posts, read 6,922,270 times
Reputation: 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
I think it will be high scoring... I'm thinking something like FSU 44-38.
44-38 isn't high scoring? It sounds like a pretty high score to me.
 
Old 01-04-2014, 04:53 PM
 
6,611 posts, read 6,922,270 times
Reputation: 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Neither of them have played anyone good. They are ranked off a weak schedule. That is the inherent problem with college football. In the NFL, or college basketball, a team plays pretty much every team but in College football a team can be ranked by not playing anyone good, except the team in its own conference. For a conference like the SEC where there is a lot of good teams the system works, but for weaker conferences an inferior team could be ranked MUCH higher than better teams due to a weak schedule.

Duke im not even remotely impressed with. I congratulate them on a good season and they did good for their conference but in the scheme of things they havent beaten one impressive team so far. Even Clemson gets some respect for last years BCS, although this year they havent beaten one good team.
Keep talking...what do you think of your comments now about Duke and/or Clemson?
 
Old 01-04-2014, 05:31 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,712,118 times
Reputation: 46025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Where have you been since the OU-Bama game chickenfriedbrains, I mean chickenfriedbanana? We've missed watching you try to pull your big old foot out of your mouth!
Here's the only "whuppin" Alabama put on OU. Crazy woman should have been fined, at least. If a man would have done what she did, he'd go straight to jail.
WATCH: Bama woman attacks OU fan at Sugar Bowl | News OK
Updykes are gonna be updykes.
 
Old 01-04-2014, 05:46 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,388,719 times
Reputation: 1768
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Keep talking...what do you think of your comments now about Duke and/or Clemson?
Lol, I will keep talking. None of them beat any impressive teams.

Clemson I am not impressed with. Ohio wasnt good this year. The whole Big 10 had a terrible year. If you are looking for football cred you arent getting it from that.

Same with Duke, they beat a weak Texas A&M.

Like I said they might be good, they just havent beaten any teams that demonstrated this.

Cupcake schedule to get them into bowl games against mediocre teams.

Am I supposed to be impressed. Now had one of them beat Alabama that would impress me.

FSU could probably beat Auburn, but given how badly FSU destroyed the rest of the cupcakes in the ACC that speaks only for FSU and not the conference as a whole.

however, I am happy they won those bowl games, those ACC teams need that extra bowl revenue to make up for their lousy conference revenue.

You are desperate to try and get football cred. Literally most of your post are trying to talk up the ACC. Like I said when the teams in it start doing good, and one team doing good isnt enough to change the cupcake nature of the ACC, we will talk. Until then I look forward to your next attempt to try and prove something. In all my time on C-D I have never had anyone so obsessed with trying to impress me.
 
Old 01-04-2014, 05:58 PM
 
6,611 posts, read 6,922,270 times
Reputation: 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Lol, I will keep talking. None of them beat any impressive teams.

Clemson I am not impressed with. Ohio wasnt good this year. The whole Big 10 had a terrible year. If you are looking for football cred you arent getting it from that.

Same with Duke, they beat a weak Texas A&M.

Like I said they might be good, they just havent beaten any teams that demonstrated this.

Cupcake schedule to get them into bowl games against mediocre teams.

Am I supposed to be impressed. Now had one of them beat Alabama that would impress me.

FSU could probably beat Auburn, but given how badly FSU destroyed the rest of the cupcakes in the ACC that speaks only for FSU and not the conference as a whole.

however, I am happy they won those bowl games, those ACC teams need that extra bowl revenue to make up for their lousy conference revenue.

You are desperate to try and get football cred. Literally most of your post are trying to talk up the ACC. Like I said when the teams in it start doing good, and one team doing good isnt enough to change the cupcake nature of the ACC, we will talk. Until then I look forward to your next attempt to try and prove something. In all my time on C-D I have never had anyone so obsessed with trying to impress me.
Prove something? To you? Don't put yourself on a pedestal...I just like to get you going so you type a whole essay of nothing but your jaded opinions about a league that you are so obviously bitter toward. If it weren't all such a joke I would totally ignore your posts! This is fun!

Duke didn't win...
 
Old 01-04-2014, 06:01 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,388,719 times
Reputation: 1768
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Prove something? To you? Don't put yourself on a pedestal...I just like to get you going so you type a whole essay of nothing but your jaded opinions about a league that you are so obviously bitter toward. If it weren't all such a joke I would totally ignore your posts! This is fun!

Duke didn't win...
Yes, prove something to me.

You follow me around arguing with me every chance you get because I proved you wrong a year ago when you swore left and right the ACC wasnt going to get raided, and then it did.

It is obvious you are bitter and jaded toward me. I rarely even talk about the ACC, except when you keep bringing it up. It is a joke, but the joke is on you. By all means have fun, but the laughter is all at you.

If this qualifies as an essay to you your ACC education must have been as cupcake as your conference.
 
Old 01-04-2014, 06:03 PM
 
6,611 posts, read 6,922,270 times
Reputation: 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Yes, prove something to me.

You follow me around arguing with me every chance you get because I proved you wrong a year ago when you swore left and right the ACC wasnt going to get raided, and then it did.

It is obvious you are bitter and jaded toward me. I rarely even talk about the ACC, except when you keep bringing it up. It is a joke, but the joke is on you. By all means have fun, but the laughter is all at you.

If this qualifies as an essay to you your ACC education must have been as cupcake as your conference.
Follow you around? Again, you're funny. Keep crying about the ACC...I'm certainly not the only one who has noticed. You're friends in the Big XII thread have noticed as well. It's SO obvious.

It would be nice to be able to discuss NCAA football rather than your issues with the ACC, but that's impossible with you around.
 
Old 01-04-2014, 06:07 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,388,719 times
Reputation: 1768
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Follow you around? Again, you're funny. Keep crying about the ACC...I'm certainly not the only one who has noticed. You're friends in the Big XII thread have noticed as well. It's SO obvious.
Yes, follow me around. For the longest time all your post here where just replies to me. The big 12 posters were asking you to leave because you kept hijacking topics to wage some personal conflict with me. On the plus side it does get me a lot of rep, on the down side you hijacked a lot of good conversations and got them locked to wage your personal vendetta.



You are the one crying about the ACC. Like I said the only time I now mention them is usually because you keep following me around and bringing them up. They arent going to be raided again this year so I have nothing much to say about them, other wanting FSU to beat Auburn.

Look dude I dont care about you. You need to get over your issues with me. I dont even dislike the ACC. Chill out.
 
Old 01-04-2014, 06:15 PM
 
16,522 posts, read 20,964,213 times
Reputation: 47952
Closed for moderator review.


Judging by the last page of posts it will stay closed.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-05-2014 at 01:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top