Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 07:02 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,444,296 times

Advertisements

As expected, Oregon takes over #2. I think FSU takes it back after beating Miami. Then, the following week if Oregon beats the Furd, Oregon will remain #2.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:43 AM

9,704 posts, read 7,376,270 times
Yah. Agree with Acuda above: Florida state if they beat Miami this week will jump Oregon, but then their schedule goes in the toilet, but then in 2 weeks assuming Oregon beats Stanford, Oregon will jump FSU and remain at #2 the rest of the season barring any setbacks.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:26 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,864,023 times
BCS top 10 as of 10/27

#1 Alabama
#2 Oregon
#3 FSU
#4 Ohio State
#5 Stanford
#6 Baylor
#7 Miami
#8 Clemson
#9 Mizzou
#10 Oklahoma

NCAA Polls - College Football BCS Top 25 Poll | FOX Sports on MSN

Old 10-28-2013, 01:37 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,807,934 times
I'm glad to see a local underdog climbing up the ranks, but can some explain to me how NIU is ranked at all? I realize they're undefeated and I appreciate that they've beat two Big Ten teams on the road. But just about anyone can be Purdon't right now, and the rest of their victories have come against seriously weak programs (EIU being a notable exception but they're still only an FCS team and that game could have gone either way). So as far as I can tell then, their only semi-impressive feat was to beat Iowa in Iowa City. Does this merit a rank of 17th?

Old 10-28-2013, 06:20 PM

143 posts, read 356,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'm glad to see a local underdog climbing up the ranks, but can some explain to me how NIU is ranked at all? I realize they're undefeated and I appreciate that they've beat two Big Ten teams on the road. But just about anyone can be Purdon't right now, and the rest of their victories have come against seriously weak programs (EIU being a notable exception but they're still only an FCS team and that game could have gone either way). So as far as I can tell then, their only semi-impressive feat was to beat Iowa in Iowa City. Does this merit a rank of 17th?
Nope.

I also don't believe that Baylor should be in the Top 10, they haven't played a single ranked team yet all year!!!!!!!! All of the other Top 10 teams have played at least 2 other ranked teams (and most won...). I guess I'll pass my final judgement on Baylor after this month when they play three ranked teams back to back.

Right now, I'm most impressed with Mizzou. After last season I wasn't paying attention to them at all this year. I didn't think they'd be able to hold their own at all this month, but they beat UGA and then beat UF with their starting QB out. They lost this past weekend but only because of OT.

I also love how Oregon is just kicking ass this season, it's always good to see a great team that doesn't come from the south or the midwest, ya know?

Old 10-28-2013, 06:53 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,435,440 times
35-0 in the first quarter this week, Winston has only finished one game this season (@Clemson)... yet FSU drops a position. The playoffs can't come sooner.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:26 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,444,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
35-0 in the first quarter this week, Winston has only finished one game this season (@Clemson)... yet FSU drops a position. The playoffs can't come sooner.
Welcome to the world of Oregon and Marcus Mariota. The Ducks are getting into the meat of their schedule with Stanford in 2 weeks. You will go to 2 next week after you destroy Miami. The media is already loving you guys, so you may make up ground in the human polls. I still think if the Ducks beat Stanford then that should be enough to stay at 2 barring any loss. If we lose and y'all win out I will be rooting for the Noles take out Bama for sure.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:36 PM

143 posts, read 356,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Welcome to the world of Oregon and Marcus Mariota. The Ducks are getting into the meat of their schedule with Stanford in 2 weeks. You will go to 2 next week after you destroy Miami. The media is already loving you guys, so you may make up ground in the human polls. I still think if the Ducks beat Stanford then that should be enough to stay at 2 barring any loss. If we lose and y'all win out I will be rooting for the Noles take out Bama for sure.
I think anyone who isn't an Alabama fan will be rooting for whatever team ends up playing them in the BCS CG. It would be awesome if they lost to LSU and/or Auburn. Won't get my hopes up though.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:19 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,911,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
I am not worried this early. Someone always loses, hopefully it isn't us. Oregon wins out I think we are in. The meat of our schedule begins on Saturday.
UCLA was exposed for the pretender that they are.Someone had to teach them that they weren't ready to play with the big boys - and it might as well have been the Ducks.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:32 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,911,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Yeah that Auburn bandwagon is getting full. More Auburn fans coming out of the shadows where they have been hiding since 2010.
Harrier has been an Auburn fan for long before then - and he has never set foot in the South, let alone Alabama.That Iron Bowl is one thing that Alabama seems to be able to promote far and wide, and Harrier made a decision that if he was going to watch the game out here on the west coast that he might as well pick a side.It wasn't the team named after laundry detergent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football