Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 06:49 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,052 times

Advertisements

First BCS top ten poll as of 10/20/2013

#1 Alabama
#2 FSU
#3 Oregon
#4 Ohio State
#5 Mizzou
#6 Stanford
#7 Miami
#8 Baylor
#9 Clemson
#10 Texas Tech

Old 10-20-2013, 07:32 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Proud that the BCS got it right with my Noles!

Old 10-20-2013, 08:02 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,458,281 times
I am not worried this early. Someone always loses, hopefully it isn't us. Oregon wins out I think we are in. The meat of our schedule begins on Saturday.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:21 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
As long as Oregon goes undefeated, they're in. They're clearly the best team West of the Mississippi, though Baylor's starting to catch my attention, too. I just think the PAC-12 is better than the Big-12, and it might just be the best conference in the nation top to bottom. If Oregon cleans that conference out, I don't see how they get snubbed.

I would not count on Alabama going undefeated. I know this is going to sound insane, but LSU is waiting to be the bedbug that bites Bama in the @ss as they sleep. The Tigers are dangerous because while I'd fully admit the Tide are the better team, the Tigers are much better than what they showed against Ole Miss. The Tigers always, always, always play Bama tough, and they seem to kick it up a notch in Tuscaloosa. Now if Bama gets by LSU, then they're home free until maybe Mizzou? I'd personally love to see the other Tigers playing in Atlanta, and honestly, that's another game that I'd be careful about if I were Bama. Mizzou has revenge on the mind...if they can stay focused and injury free long enough to get there.

I've got no issues with FSU being the #3 team - they clearly played like it against Clemson. That was the best game FSU's played since probably 2000 or 1999. The Noles are back, as much as I hate to admit it. I really wish SEC woulda gone after FSU more.

I think it's gonna be FSU against either Alabama or Oregon.

Last edited by chickenfriedbananas; 10-21-2013 at 01:33 AM..

Old 10-21-2013, 03:30 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,877,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
As long as Oregon goes undefeated, they're in. They're clearly the best team West of the Mississippi, though Baylor's starting to catch my attention, too. I just think the PAC-12 is better than the Big-12, and it might just be the best conference in the nation top to bottom. If Oregon cleans that conference out, I don't see how they get snubbed.

I would not count on Alabama going undefeated. I know this is going to sound insane, but LSU is waiting to be the bedbug that bites Bama in the @ss as they sleep. The Tigers are dangerous because while I'd fully admit the Tide are the better team, the Tigers are much better than what they showed against Ole Miss. The Tigers always, always, always play Bama tough, and they seem to kick it up a notch in Tuscaloosa. Now if Bama gets by LSU, then they're home free until maybe Mizzou? I'd personally love to see the other Tigers playing in Atlanta, and honestly, that's another game that I'd be careful about if I were Bama. Mizzou has revenge on the mind...if they can stay focused and injury free long enough to get there.

I've got no issues with FSU being the #3 team - they clearly played like it against Clemson. That was the best game FSU's played since probably 2000 or 1999. The Noles are back, as much as I hate to admit it. I really wish SEC woulda gone after FSU more.

I think it's gonna be FSU against either Alabama or Oregon.
I still have LSU as the biggest of the big games on Bama's schedule. They will be ready to play and so will Bama. Just alittle luster off this game because of LSU's loss to Ole Miss. Everyone said last year Mizzou would be a possible trap game for Bama and the score was 52-7?. Mizzou has improved, but not enough to beat Bama in a possible SEC title game matchup.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
I still have LSU as the biggest of the big games on Bama's schedule. They will be ready to play and so will Bama. Just alittle luster off this game because of LSU's loss to Ole Miss. Everyone said last year Mizzou would be a possible trap game for Bama and the score was 52-7?. Mizzou has improved, but not enough to beat Bama in a possible SEC title game matchup.
I think the only question Mizzou has yet to answer is how effective their offense can be against a more physical defense. Coming into the season, one would have thought Florida would have been the perfect test, but the Gators are really struggling right now. Carolina might be a better test, though I still expect Mizzou to win that game.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:16 PM

My personal top five:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Florida State
4. Baylor
5. Mizzou/Ohio St. (edge, Mizzou; Big is just weak sauce this year)

Old 10-22-2013, 02:23 AM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
As long as Oregon can finish undefeated (beating Stanford & UCLA in the process) and beating UCLA again in the pac-12 title game there is no way they are getting left out.

I also can't wait for Ohio state to finish undefeated yet again and get left out because the Big 10 is horrendous.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
As long as Oregon can finish undefeated (beating Stanford & UCLA in the process) and beating UCLA again in the pac-12 title game there is no way they are getting left out.

I also can't wait for Ohio state to finish undefeated yet again and get left out because the Big 10 is horrendous.
Yeah, Ohio State will have no legitimate claim to the BCS title game as long as they're dependent on their BIG schedule. Fortunately, there will be slightly less controversy over the national title game next year, though I suspect there will be an argument over whos' #4 and #5.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:06 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,419 times
Bama is not losing... Period. You all can hoop and holler all you want about LSU, but no way in hell that team can beat Alabama!!!

The PAC12 is starting to come down to reality too... Look at how Washington has gotten drubbed three straight weeks.

And UCLA laid an egg against Stanford. A loss to Oregon and one other conference loss and UCLA may not be top 25. I think Oregon and Florida State are gonna be closer than people think at #2. personally I think FSU would beat Oregon on a neutral field because of the physical defense. The pac12 teams are just not use to the physicality that occurs in football in the Deep South.

It will be interesting to see the common opponent for Bama and Oregon in Tennessee. even though UT is much better than when they played Oregon... And it's rival for Bama, but it still gives us something to gauge.

I still don't think FSU or Oregon will go unscathed... although FSU has the best shot.

We are looking at a Bama vs Ohio State Natty. Watch...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football