U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 08:25 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,863,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Impressive to the sports writers and the BCS computers. You left off Virginia Tech, and the win over Texas A&M, but I guess that doesnt fit into you Bama hating argument.
LOL. I said dominate. I left those games out because they didn't dominate. My words, My opinion.

'Bama is the best in CFB and has been for awhile. But to think another undefeated season is a given is laughable. Baylor and Oregon have the best shot to go undefeated IMO. I also think there will be no more than 2 undefeated at the season. One will most likely get left out of the BCS MNC because a one loss SEC team will not drop further than #2. Glad to see the BCS era come to an end. For the most part the BCS MNC games have been a crapfest.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:56 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,368,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
LOL. I said dominate. I left those games out because they didn't dominate. My words, My opinion.

'Bama is the best in CFB and has been for awhile. But to think another undefeated season is a given is laughable. Baylor and Oregon have the best shot to go undefeated IMO. I also think there will be no more than 2 undefeated at the season. One will most likely get left out of the BCS MNC because a one loss SEC team will not drop further than #2. Glad to see the BCS era come to an end. For the most part the BCS MNC games have been a crapfest.
Ill give you Texas A&M, but didnt dominate Virginia Tech?..LOL

Baylor and Oregon schedules are well.....soft IMO. But I dont think either will go undefeated, especially Baylor.

Ive never had an issue with the BCS, especially if you remember the way it was before the BCS came along. All this whining, crying, moaning basically comes from the fact the last 7 BCS champs are from the SEC.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,863,552 times
Quote:

Baylor and Oregon schedules are well.....soft IMO. But I dont think either will go undefeated, especially Baylor.

Ive never had an issue with the BCS, especially if you remember the way it was before the BCS came along. All this whining, crying, moaning basically comes from the fact the last 7 BCS champs are from the SEC.
You perceive SEC hate in the strangest of places. It's more about the BCS MNCG crappy matchups/crappy games. I don't think a 4 team playoff would have necessarily changed the last 7 outcomes of the MNC. It probably would have given us fans a lot better matchups/games though. I used to defend the BCS years ago. I'm glad CFB is moving on from the BCS era.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:21 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,368,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
You perceive SEC hate in the strangest of places. It's more about the BCS MNCG crappy matchups/crappy games. I don't think a 4 team playoff would have necessarily changed the last 7 outcomes of the MNC. It probably would have given us fans a lot better matchups/games though. I used to defend the BCS years ago. I'm glad CFB is moving on from the BCS era.
You would rather have it like it was before the BCS?. Split national title winners?, etc. We can set up good match ups on paper, but we cant control what happens on the field. Alabama vs Notre Dame was a great matchup on paper and it was well hyped, but who expected a 42-14 blowout?.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:24 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,024,249 times
Quote:
You would rather have it like it was before the BCS?. Split national title winners?, etc. We can set up good match ups on paper, but we cant control what happens on the field. Alabama vs Notre Dame was a great matchup on paper and it was well hyped, but who expected a 42-14 blowout?.
Everyone expected a blowout. What planet do you live on? Media hypes teams all the time. It isn't anything new.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:25 AM

6,349 posts, read 8,420,345 times
Quote:

Baylor and Oregon schedules are well.it was ve..soft IMO. But I dont think either will go undefeated, especially Baylor.

BCS is terrible. Alabama earned its place but it allows teams that aren't great to have cupcake schedules and get in to the bcs. It is better than the old system but it still sucks. 4 team playoff is not enough but it is better. Replace bowls with a true playoff.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:09 AM

8,414 posts, read 8,425,097 times
IIRC, all of Baylor's wins so far have been over teams with losing records.

They are just entering the meat of their schedule and will be lucky to be undefeated when the Bears mudhole the Longhorns in December.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:21 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,352,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
IIRC, all of Baylor's wins so far have been over teams with losing records.

They are just entering the meat of their schedule and will be lucky to be undefeated when the Bears mudhole the Longhorns in December.
Close; Buffalo has a winning record.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:18 PM

123 posts, read 191,507 times
back to topic please

Old 10-24-2013, 01:28 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,258,164 times
Baylor needs at least 4 of these teams to LOOSE at least one game. They will NOT leap frog any of these teams if they are undefeated at seasons end;
Alabama
Oregon
Ohio State
FSU
Missouri

i think Baylor is a long shot at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or