U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-24-2013, 04:38 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,860,424 times
Reputation: 1825

Advertisements


 
Old 10-24-2013, 06:55 PM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,419,007 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Baylor needs at least 4 of these teams to LOOSE at least one game. They will NOT leap frog any of these teams if they are undefeated at seasons end;
Alabama
Oregon
Ohio State
FSU
Missouri

i think Baylor is a long shot at best.
And... They just aren't good enough... Period

It's interesting how Texas and Oklahoma fans are all of suddenly hyping another team from the little12 when they hate on fans of SEC schools... The irony!
 
Old 10-24-2013, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,787 posts, read 13,408,723 times
Reputation: 10025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Everyone expected a blowout. What planet do you live on? Media hypes teams all the time. It isn't anything new.
Everone except more then half the media. How many thousands did you win betting on Bama to win big?
 
Old 10-24-2013, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,092 posts, read 3,022,391 times
Reputation: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Everone except more then half the media. How many thousands did you win betting on Bama to win big?
The media is full of sensationalist hacks. That just proves my point. You must be a fair and balanced avid viewer not to see that. Thousands? Shoot, who needs to bet money when you can bet a case of High Life.
 
Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,787 posts, read 13,408,723 times
Reputation: 10025
Oh of course. They are now hacks. It suits your sensationalist narrative that they be a joke because your opinions are always on point. Why is it I have never heard of you?

Acuda has better credentials then every sportswriter who predicted ND to win. No wait, better then every sportswriter who didnt predict Alabama to win by four touchdowns. Which was...all of them.

nope. Still not buying it.
 
Old 10-24-2013, 07:50 PM
 
3,438 posts, read 4,747,962 times
Reputation: 5403
Baylor win the national championship?

Lady basketball ?
 
Old 10-24-2013, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,092 posts, read 3,022,391 times
Reputation: 869
You don't have to be a sportswriter to correctly predict who is going to win. Shoot, even people here on CD overwhelmingly predicted Bama to win.

Notre Dame vs. Alabama: Who Ya Got?

Don't be fooled by some of the regulars thinking it was going to be a close game. Never picks oddball s%8t every damn week, NorthGABound came out of the woodwork for exactly 60 minutes and now has gone back to the 1940s, and other Bama fans must have bought into the ESPN Kool-Aid because well, who the heck knows why ya'll thought it was going to be close.

Seriously, Geronimo, it doesn't take a journalism degree to call it how it is. Now, you may look through that entire thread and say, "Acuda, where was your prediction?" to which I would respond, "Well, had it not for arguing with that ND fan over the legitimacy of that so called restored program (and thus getting it shut down for a day or two because of some clever now deleted incendiary comments on my part, it would have showed Bama winning by 3 tds."

What's the deal? You actually believe most of the sportswriters know what they are talking about and stand by their convictions? You do not see them flip flop all the time? Good gosh...
 
Old 10-24-2013, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Birmingham
11,787 posts, read 13,408,723 times
Reputation: 10025
Hey dont worry about the strawmen, not going down that road. Im just looking forward to your posts and predictions from now on.
 
Old 10-24-2013, 08:27 PM
 
Location: mainland but born oahu
6,657 posts, read 6,439,421 times
Reputation: 3122
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Ill give you Texas A&M, but didnt dominate Virginia Tech?..LOL

Baylor and Oregon schedules are well.....soft IMO. But I dont think either will go undefeated, especially Baylor.

Ive never had an issue with the BCS, especially if you remember the way it was before the BCS came along. All this whining, crying, moaning basically comes from the fact the last 7 BCS champs are from the SEC.
I always love you SEC fans you always dismiss oregon based on the fact they never play anyone. Ignoring the fact that the Pac 12 is the 2nd highest conference with top 25 teams, 2nd you forget how hard it is to schedule any real challenges for Oregon pre season because no one wants to play in Autzen. Further, im sorry but Oregon has shown this season that it dosnt matter who they play they are going to put up min 45 points a game each week, now who is doing that?
 
Old 10-24-2013, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,092 posts, read 3,022,391 times
Reputation: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Hey dont worry about the strawmen, not going down that road. Im just looking forward to your posts and predictions from now on.
Strawman, give me a break, son. Go watch the tv so you can see who Eddie George, Jesse Palmer, and Lou Holtz like for this week's games. But, since they are the media, they're bone fide. Really hoping we get a shot at you in the Natty.

Last edited by Acuda; 10-24-2013 at 08:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top