U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-25-2013, 06:30 AM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
Reputation: 1825

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
And... They just aren't good enough... Period

It's interesting how Texas and Oklahoma fans are all of suddenly hyping another team from the little12 when they hate on fans of SEC schools... The irony!
Which OU or texas fans are hyping up Baylor in this thread? Same old GE. Just making stuff up.

 
Old 10-25-2013, 12:17 PM
 
123 posts, read 190,632 times
Reputation: 119
Alabama will lose two games this season anyway.
 
Old 10-25-2013, 12:18 PM
 
123 posts, read 190,632 times
Reputation: 119
Baylor vs. Kansas tomorrow night at 6pm. Baylor 77 Kansas 10.
 
Old 10-25-2013, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Metro Birmingham, AL
1,673 posts, read 2,357,171 times
Reputation: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper Man View Post
Alabama will lose two games this season anyway.
Keep dreamin
 
Old 10-25-2013, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Pixburgh
1,187 posts, read 1,150,158 times
Reputation: 1336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pepper Man View Post
Alabama will lose two games this season anyway.
doesn't matter if bama loses or not, pertaining to the subject.
an SEC team will be in the NC game no way around that.

baylor almost can't get in. its the curse of playing in the weakest of the big 5 conferences and absolutely no one OOC.

even certain 1 loss PAC or ACC team would get in ahead of undfeated baylor for that second spot.

and thats assuming missouri don't run the table or everyone outside the SEC would probably be out of luck.
 
Old 10-25-2013, 02:16 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post
doesn't matter if bama loses or not, pertaining to the subject.
an SEC team will be in the NC game no way around that.

baylor almost can't get in. its the curse of playing in the weakest of the big 5 conferences and absolutely no one OOC.

even certain 1 loss PAC or ACC team would get in ahead of undfeated baylor for that second spot.

and thats assuming missouri don't run the table or everyone outside the SEC would probably be out of luck.
So you are saying that the deck is stacked against non sec teams as it pertains to winning the bcs mnc due to the fact that the sec basically has an autobid to the bcs mnc game? Interesting.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 10-25-2013 at 02:38 PM..
 
Old 10-25-2013, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Pixburgh
1,187 posts, read 1,150,158 times
Reputation: 1336
im not an sec fan. but yeah i dont think you can deny that they pretty much have an auto bid.

in fact if missouri would run the table and win a close one over alabama in the SEC champ game..alabama would probably get the rematch over an undefeated fsu or oregon.


why the deck is stacked is up for interpretation..are they just that good that they earned it? or are they just that overrated when their 2 loss teams are still ranked top 15 while everyone else loses a game and drop to 22..
 
Old 10-25-2013, 02:55 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,851,641 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by safak View Post

in fact if missouri would run the table and win a close one over alabama in the SEC champ game..alabama would probably get the rematch over an undefeated fsu or oregon.
I just threw up in my mouth a little. Not that you're wrong, just as a fan that would be beyond ridiculous. I couldn't even see ESecPN trying to push that one. Wait, yeah, maybe I could.
 
Old 10-25-2013, 03:06 PM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,412,190 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Which OU or texas fans are hyping up Baylor in this thread? Same old GE. Just making stuff up.
Did I say this thread?

Ur a funny guy... I state facts. I'm one of the few around who does...
 
Old 10-25-2013, 06:17 PM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,412 posts, read 7,703,380 times
Reputation: 3054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
And... They just aren't good enough... Period

It's interesting how Texas and Oklahoma fans are all of suddenly hyping another team from the little12 when they hate on fans of SEC schools... The irony!
Don't throw me in there SEC Homer. I do not root for my conference. I used to root for my division, the Big 12 South, just because it was so darn fun to watch. It ain't the same.

I don't want anyone to win except the SOONERS.....and maybe Oklahoma State because I'm an Okie.

Just keep Tejas from winning it and any SEC team and I think that's about all us Okies could hope for this year.

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 10-25-2013 at 06:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top