U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 10:43 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,608,655 times

Advertisements

Unless Alabama or FSU suffers a loss, I think that there's no way Ohio St., Baylor, or Stanford can claim legitimacy in the national title race. Moreover, I think Alabama should be required to lose twice before giving up their title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 11:43 PM

6,540 posts, read 4,490,735 times
if Baylor can beat 2 of: Texas Tech, Texas & Oklahoma state I think they deserve a shot in the BCS championship game over Ohio state. I mean look at OSU's schedule they've played absolutely nobody, and the Big 10 is flippin awful. Sure, Baylor didn't play anyone either, but there's a pretty good chance Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, probably Texas Tech (unless they really go in the tank and they still have Texas & Baylor to play) and maybe even Texas (still play Texas Tech, Oklahoma state & Baylor) can finish the season in the top 25. Out of OSU's schedule how many teams will finish the season in the top 25?? 2 at most, Wisconsin & Michigan state should they play each other in the Big 10 championship game??

Old 11-08-2013, 05:47 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,222,778 times
I think Alabama is beatable, at least from an SEC opponent that is left (LSU, Auburn, Mizzu).. but if they get past those 3 then it really doesn't matter who they play. FSU is the obvious choice. I don't Baylor, Ohio State or even Stanford could test them.. but FSU certainly might.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:58 AM

5,412 posts, read 7,707,999 times
It would be awesome to see Florida St. win the NC. I'm good as long as Tejas or an SEC team do not win it.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:02 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,608,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I think Alabama is beatable, at least from an SEC opponent that is left (LSU, Auburn, Mizzu).. but if they get past those 3 then it really doesn't matter who they play. FSU is the obvious choice. I don't Baylor, Ohio State or even Stanford could test them.. but FSU certainly might.
FSU would be a dangerous matchup for Alabama. They've got excellent team speed, and they've got a lot of strength on the lines, too. FSU would easily be the best defense the Tide has faced since the 2011 LSU Tigers. They haven't seen anything close to that kind of stoutness since, but FSU would give it to them for sure. The question is, how would FSU handle the Tide defense, since they obviously haven't been tested by a truly powerful defense either. Would Jameis Winston handle the pressure? Would he fumble and fold? Turnovers could end up being the key, so those would be big questions I'd have going into that game.

First things first, though. The Tide will have its hands full the next three weeks. Still, I don't see them losing, especially since they've had two weeks to prepare for LSU and, if I recall correctly, they'll also have an extra week to prepare for the SEC title game against (most likely) Mizzou, whom they manhandled last season. It seems far-fetched, but it might be that the best chance for a stunner might actually be the Iron Bowl.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:21 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,731,667 times
I really like Auburn and coach Gus M.

However, I still don't think Auburn is that good.

They barely beat Ole Miss and I think that win was the confidence builder to move on.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:42 AM

48,516 posts, read 83,922,814 times
If they don't lose like Oregon its going to be Fla. state versus Alabama.At least that is what BCS officials want to see in a Championship game.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:52 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,731,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
If they don't lose like Oregon its going to be Fla. state versus Alabama.At least that is what BCS officials want to see in a Championship game.

as do I want to see it.

As of today, those are the 2 most worthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football