U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,389,809 times
Reputation: 1768

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
His other Baylor thread was awesome. This one is lacking so far.
Well I think Baylor deserves a shot at the NC, but the BCS wont let them. Not the first time a undefeated team in a good conference wont get a chance. Ohio probably wont either. I seriously doubt FSU is going to lose any of its remaining games so it is almost a given they will go. Auburn might be able to beat Alabama but im not sure if that would knock them out of the NC, they might just drop 2, or at the very worst 3.

 
Old 11-12-2013, 05:24 PM
 
3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Well I think Baylor deserves a shot at the NC, but the BCS wont let them. Not the first time a undefeated team in a good conference wont get a chance. Ohio probably wont either. I seriously doubt FSU is going to lose any of its remaining games so it is almost a given they will go. Auburn might be able to beat Alabama but im not sure if that would knock them out of the NC, they might just drop 2, or at the very worst 3.
Agreed. I seriously doubt a one loss Bama team drops further than #2.
 
Old 11-13-2013, 05:59 PM
 
4,749 posts, read 3,607,529 times
Reputation: 3225
I think that even if Bama loses, they're still probably a better team than Baylor. Even so, I'd be against it if a 1-loss Bama trumped an undefeated team from either the Big10 or Big12, whatever my doubts may be. It's not Ohio State's or Baylor's fault that their conference isn't quite as strong this year as in year's past. It would still be an accomplishment if Baylor can go undefeated after playing OSU and Texas, on top of everyone else. And it would still be an accomplishment if Ohio State were to defeat Michigan State and win out the Big 10. Hopefully the pollsters would agree.
 
Old 11-16-2013, 11:37 PM
 
123 posts, read 190,716 times
Reputation: 119
9-0 Baby!
 
Old 11-17-2013, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Calera, AL
1,161 posts, read 1,441,208 times
Reputation: 1569
Baylor is going to a BCS bowl, but they've also had the benefit of playing mostly average defenses. They struggled against Texas Tech for a fair bit, and the final two games will arguably be their two toughest tests of the season. Oklahoma State took Texas behind the woodshed, and as maligned as the Horns are, they are definitely no pushover and are a Cotton Bowl-caliber team.

Come two weeks, assuming they will have run through their schedule unscathed, they will be huge Auburn fans, and huge Michigan State fans in early December, and will need to root for the SEC team in the SECCG that helps their cause the most.

That said, Art Briles has done an absolutely MASTERFUL job in Waco. It was a coaching graveyard for years, and the only coaches I can think of who have performed a complete 180 for their respective programs are Bill Snyder at K-State, and Barry Alvarez at Wisconsin.
 
Old 11-18-2013, 11:13 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,173,700 times
Reputation: 7005
 
Old 11-19-2013, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Abilene, Texas
8,746 posts, read 7,737,565 times
Reputation: 55865
^^^Funny stuff JJG...lol. I'm happy for Baylor, they were a laughing stock for so many years. I also like Art Briles. He's an old school type football coach that knows the X's and O's very well and he's a very good recruiter as well. I hope Baylor wins out! Go Bears!
 
Old 11-19-2013, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,374 posts, read 8,366,401 times
Reputation: 6970
That'll be interesting if Briles wins out, then UT buys him from the Baptists and he wins a couple crystal footballs here.
 
Old 11-19-2013, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
8,374 posts, read 8,366,401 times
Reputation: 6970
Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzador View Post
Baylor is going to a BCS bowl, but they've also had the benefit of playing mostly average defenses. They struggled against Texas Tech for a fair bit, and the final two games will arguably be their two toughest tests of the season. Oklahoma State took Texas behind the woodshed, and as maligned as the Horns are, they are definitely no pushover and are a Cotton Bowl-caliber team.

Come two weeks, assuming they will have run through their schedule unscathed, they will be huge Auburn fans, and huge Michigan State fans in early December, and will need to root for the SEC team in the SECCG that helps their cause the most.

That said, Art Briles has done an absolutely MASTERFUL job in Waco. It was a coaching graveyard for years, and the only coaches I can think of who have performed a complete 180 for their respective programs are Bill Snyder at K-State, and Barry Alvarez at Wisconsin.
Oh I dunno, Mack Brown did it at Texas.... but unfortunately did another 180 a few years after that.
 
Old 11-20-2013, 03:12 PM
 
Location: OKIE-Ville
5,412 posts, read 7,705,831 times
Reputation: 3054
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
That'll be interesting if Briles wins out, then UT buys him from the Baptists and he wins a couple crystal footballs here.
Former Oklahoma State coach Pat Jones said that he fully expected Texas to come after Mike Gundy.

Then he'll be doing this dance for the Horns after a win: Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy shows off his dance moves after beating Texas | For The Win
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top