Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 08:16 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Even with DNA... you still have to have motive and to tie up all the discrepancies. She was drunk and this happened around 1 to 2am and supposely this sex act happened in HIS room. Obviously she knew him if she came to his place. How many people are really named Jameis? Why does it take a full month to "know" who he is? Let alone she agreed to the original police report which lists Winston with a completly different body type. Was this a 1 night stand of regret or was this truly sexual assault...

Next you got to understand the "why"... She didn't want to press charges in January when she "realized" it was him. We are now 11 months later and now she does... sounds extremely fishy. I wouldn't be surprised if there doesn't come to light a money trail. In my gut... I see this case ending bad for someone other than Winston.
I do agree that the trial can't be done through the media, but it seems like some of the basic assumptions of fact that have been posted above are in question, owing to apparent mishandling of this case by the police department. If the police department had done their job, then this might be more of an open and shut case - well, as open and shut as a sexual assault case can be anyway. But because procedures were apparently not followed, and because the accuser is strongly disagreeing with the police department's narrative of the events, then the whole case has to be re-examined. You can't just look at the police report.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 12:01 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Well the police say they have two eye witnesses who say it was consensual.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:09 PM

533 posts, read 1,112,001 times
People are posting this link all over social media, I'm not sure how legitimate it is or isn't though.

Edit: the link no longer works. But it was a picture from the alleged victim's Instagram feed of her and a sorority sister dressed up to go to a Noles game a few weeks ago with a caption saying "Go Noles!" and stuff. People were questioning why she would be going to Seminole football games after sexual assault.

Like I said though, idk how legitimate it is. I don't know the victim.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:24 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,306,635 times
Guilty!

Old 11-23-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Guilty!
Thanks for your insightful commentary.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:19 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
With this past weekend's win, we set some more records
ACC Record
Most TDs in a season = 80
Most Points in a season = 607

FSU Record
Most Points in a game = 80
Most TDs on Defense in a Season = 8

Extra positive for this weekend... UF got beat by FCS Georgia State at HOME. HAHAHAHAHA

Old 11-24-2013, 01:48 PM

Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggumbo View Post
Thanks for your insightful commentary.
I am sorry. Florida St has a great football tradition with years and years of cheating with payoffs and a racist chant. Now, the 2013 team has continued the tradition by presenting another great team, but with a new twist, the quarterback is a rapist. Go Noles!

Old 11-24-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
I am sorry. Florida St has a great football tradition with years and years of cheating with payoffs and a racist chant. Now, the 2013 team has continued the tradition by presenting another great team, but with a new twist, the quarterback is a rapist. Go Noles!
Cool, good to know you're ignorant. The Seminole Tribe of Florida has specifically given FSU permission to use the name "Seminoles" and pretty much everything else related to the mascot. They've provided traditional clothing for Chief Osceola and just tons of other stuff for the school and we have multiple statues and things to pay tribute to them and have always respected the tribe.

Sorry about whatever school you're a fan of... Must suck to be jealous.

Edit: also, you're an idiot for thinking that FSU condones rape/sexual assault. If Jameis Winston is convicted of a crime, he'll be kicked off the team.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:39 PM

Default ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggumbo View Post
Cool, good to know you're ignorant. The Seminole Tribe of Florida has specifically given FSU permission to use the name "Seminoles" and pretty much everything else related to the mascot. They've provided traditional clothing for Chief Osceola and just tons of other stuff for the school and we have multiple statues and things to pay tribute to them and have always respected the tribe.
Speaking of ignorant, there is alot of ignorance coming from your response. I was referencing the "chant" and tomahawk chop, which has met alot of resistence and THE source of racism claims. Read often.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Speaking of ignorant, there is alot of ignorance coming from your response. I was referencing the "chant" and tomahawk chop, which has met alot of resistence and THE source of racism claims. Read often.
Really? Because I volunteered a lot with Seminole Tribe members of Florida and Oklahoma and they spoke to me intensively about FSU traditions and would disagree with your posts. I'm also 1/4 Native American (not Seminole though) and no one in my family has ever said anything negative about FSU, or even the Braves of Chiefs for that matter. Most honestly don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football