U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 07:06 AM

525 posts, read 294,171 times
Anyone seen this article? Jameis Winston won't be facing charges

It'll be interesting to whether or not what the writer says is true... I honestly hope that the article's details about what actually happened are true, because that would mean no one was raped and he is innocent of assault. Interesting to see that his gf is standing behind him during all of this.

This is also interesting though it doesn't have references to check validity. I'm trying not to start blaming the accuser of lying, but if what's being said around Tally is true, then...

Last edited by ggumbo; 11-25-2013 at 07:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 04:34 AM

If you're following this case at all using the links from the article above, it seems that someone is doing independent "research" and have since confirmed the name the accuser/victim via her brother on Instagram and two other social media sites (brother confirmed info about Matt baker and sister - victim).

Apparently last night the found a few old tweets and Instagram pictures that suggest the accuser/victim knew Jameis before December 7. Meggs is allegedly waiting for social media sites to release tweets, facebook posts, etc . to him.

It'll be weird to see how this all plays out.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:37 AM

1,059 posts, read 513,537 times
FSU's fight chant is honestly bone-chilling.

Would love to hear that in a huge stadium

Go Noles this weekend!

Old 11-26-2013, 08:09 PM

457 posts, read 424,240 times
Looks like decision on charges won't be coming for a few weeks.
Decision on possible charges for Jameis Winston delayed - ESPN

So, we should be able to take care of business in Gainesville & Charlotte. I think the Noles could easily beat UF without Winston, and would probably beat Duke or VT without him as well... but it will be good to have him there. That should get us to Pasedena.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:19 PM

4,267 posts, read 1,230,771 times
The latest scuttlebutt is that one of (the lead?) officers involved had attempted to become a booster for the FSU program. If this is indeed the case, then that's only going to fuel suspicion in the DA's mind that there's been a deliberate attempt to obscure the truth.

I think the lesson we've learned from these high profile cases is to be patient and let the truth sort itself out. This could be another Kobe Bryant case, a scenario in which someone was perhaps being a careless jerk with women's hearts. But it could also be a real case of rape, too. Time will tell.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
The latest scuttlebutt is that one of (the lead?) officers involved had attempted to become a booster for the FSU program. If this is indeed the case, then that's only going to fuel suspicion in the DA's mind that there's been a deliberate attempt to obscure the truth.

I think the lesson we've learned from these high profile cases is to be patient and let the truth sort itself out. This could be another Kobe Bryant case, a scenario in which someone was perhaps being a careless jerk with women's hearts. But it could also be a real case of rape, too. Time will tell.
The rumor going on in Tallahassee is that the girl hung out with some sorority sisters who called themselves "FSU Cleat Chasers" and that she had previously met Winston (though she's currently claiming she hadn't met him until Dec 7). People are saying that she and Winston had started hanging out/hooking up even though Winston has a girlfriend. Well, I guess Winston's girlfriend was coming back into town in December so Winston started ignoring/brushing off the girl and she got upset...

Idk, it's all speculation. But apparently some people have independently found things on social media from the victim that would mean she knew who Winston was.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:50 PM

457 posts, read 424,240 times
Congrats to the Gators for being the only team to keep the Noles to under 40 points this season! And they scored a touchdown as well!!

Old 11-30-2013, 05:30 PM

10,447 posts, read 5,959,722 times
FSU is gonna be # 1...Bama goes down to Auburn in an astonishing finish.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:38 PM

15,374 posts, read 8,043,850 times
I hope FSU and Auburn meet in the NC game. These are the two best teams IMO.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:42 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,100,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I hope FSU and Auburn meet in the NC game. These are the two best teams IMO.
I second that... unfortunately I think we will see Ohio State vs Florida State.

I think Florida State will win regardless of rather they play Auburn or Ohio State.

I personally would have preferred Florida State vs Bama as I think it would have been the best game. I think Florida State will thrash whoever they play now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football