U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 06:17 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,717,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Ha yeah right. They should fire Saban for some freak lucky play that cost them the game when they had ample opportunity to put them away earlier. It never should have came down to that and by letting them hang around to that point made me realize the probablity was high that Bama would lose.

No. Saban is an awesome coach and sometimes BS just happens. Ive seen more NCs in the past four years then some fans of other teams have seen in their whole lives. I can live with that.

Im still curious as to why Malzahn declined the pre game interview with Wolfson. I of course knew hed have no trouble finding a camera after Auburn had.won.
Because he's a self-effacing guy who had a job to do. He didn't have time to promote himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 06:25 PM

11,787 posts, read 13,356,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Because he's a self-effacing guy who had a job to do. He didn't have time to promote himself.
I get it. So every other coach in every other game who does that formality as a gesture iof professionalism to the network is less then him. I knew it would eventually be an Auburn fan who would be able to set me straight on that.

the other auburn fans I know including my wife thought it was a itch move.

In that situation you don't promote yourself you just answer a few obligatory questions and play ball.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:21 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,357,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Well to be fair I am not using statistics either. However, I agree with you that Saban did nothing wrong. With 1 second left a field goal is a better decision IMO at 56 yards when the game is tied. While they are hard to make it is definitely possible and 56 yard field goals happen all the time and they are hard to block. A hail mary might get them a first but with 1 second they needed to score, the chances of that happening are probably very small. Furthermore they can be picked easily.

I do suspect that if they went with a hail mary and Auburn got it and scored the same people would be complaining that he should have went with a field goal. Either one is a longshot but with one second the chance of Auburn getting the ball and scoring is very very low with either. Most of the time you would either score and win the game or not make it and go into overtime. I dont think, and other people seem to agree, that Saban did anything reckless or risky. The reason everyone is so impressed is because what happened was so unlikely it is incredible. This is a history book finish.

It was just an amazing play by Auburn. I imagine even Alabama fans have to give them kudos for that.
Thats very doubtful.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:29 PM

6,349 posts, read 8,389,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Thats very doubtful.
A good play is a good play. Alabama doesnt have anything to be unhappy about. They have a bunch of NCs recently and still are BCS eligible. They can still get a NC if the right teams lose.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
A good play is a good play. Alabama doesnt have anything to be unhappy about. They have a bunch of NCs recently and still are BCS eligible. They can still get a NC if the right teams lose.
Nothing to be unhappy about?? Bama was #1 and undefeated before Saturday in position to play for a history making 3rd straight BCS title. The media is now projecting us to be in the Orange Bowl which lets face it very few people will care about.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:01 PM

6,349 posts, read 8,389,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Nothing to be unhappy about?? Bama was #1 and undefeated before Saturday in position to play for a history making 3rd straight BCS title. The media is now projecting us to be in the Orange Bowl which lets face it very few people will care about.
Believe me you have it good. You could be like my team. Sometimes you lose but it was a good game and you lost by a freak play. You have won a bunch of NC recently. You cant win every year. All around you are still one of the best teams and are so year after year.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:48 PM

4,728 posts, read 4,472,347 times
The thing I don't really understand is why the state of Alabama can't recognize the fact that we dominate college football. What other state has won a NC the last four years? If Bama can't win it, I always want Auburn to win it. Of course, the rivalry is fun, but many fans take it too far. We should root for each other, when we are playing different teams.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:54 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
The thing I don't really understand is why the state of Alabama can't recognize the fact that we dominate college football. What other state has won a NC the last four years? If Bama can't win it, I always want Auburn to win it. Of course, the rivalry is fun, but many fans take it too far. We should root for each other, when we are playing different teams.
LOL... That's you are a sane person who is lucid and rational.

the rest of the state of Alabama is absolutely bat ish crazy!

It's the Hatfield's and McCoy's. The Palestinians and Isrealis. The Union vs The Confederacy.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:10 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,717,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

It's the Hatfield's and McCoy's. The Palestinians and Isrealis. The Union vs The Confederacy.
Those guys are pikers.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

Sadly some Bama fans even turn on each other. Woman was mad because people were not angry enough over the Bama loss.

Woman charged with murder in Hoover Iron Bowl party shooting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or