U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 09:36 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,447,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Florida State is not in the SEC.

Someone does not know their college football well at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 05:01 AM

2,180 posts, read 602,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Weakest No 2?

Are you kidding me.

So they win 24 in a row and the Buckeye haters still believe they dont deserve a shot.

Amazing.

Florida St is the weakest No. 1 I have seen in a long while actually.
If the title game is FSU/OSU, it will look a lot like last years national championship, blowout. FSU- 54 OSU-24 os something similar. OSU's defense is garbage.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:37 AM

11,501 posts, read 13,447,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
If the title game is FSU/OSU, it will look a lot like last years national championship, blowout. FSU- 54 OSU-24 os something similar. OSU's defense is garbage.

So who do you want to see?

Do you believe Fla St deserves to be No. 1?

Old 12-05-2013, 06:44 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,098,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, Ohio State has kind of earned their rep with their last two BCSCG appearances. The game against Florida was over by the end of the first quarter, and the LSU game was pretty much in the can by halftime. So in the back of the mind of college football fans everywhere there's the lurking question, "Is Ohio State good only good on paper, and will they do the same el foldo the way they did the last two appearances?"

Oklahoma would face the same issue after their epic bedwettings against LSU and USC. Meanwhile, SEC teams actually take care of business as demonstrated in the last umpteen national championship games.
Longest winning streak in the country right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
lol!

It's not like other college coaches don't know the SEC brand of football. You have to do more than know what it is; you have to have the personnel to actually play against it. Urban Meyer's a great coach, but I seriously doubt OSU has the personnel to beat Alabama.
We shall see.

Quote:
Weakest No 2?

Are you kidding me.

So they win 24 in a row and the Buckeye haters still believe they dont deserve a shot.

Amazing.

Florida St is the weakest No. 1 I have seen in a long while actually.

Haters gonna hate. Oh well. I'm glad they're heading toward a playoff system.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:45 AM

28,905 posts, read 46,804,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Longest winning streak in the country right now.
Well, given OSU's schedule over the past couple of years, there would likely be an even dozen teams with a win streak of similar length.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
So who do you want to see?

Do you believe Fla St deserves to be No. 1?
Yea, I think they deserve it more or as much as anyone else. I think the best game would be FSU vs SEC champ. That's assuming Winston skates on his problems. I would have OSU sixth to be honest. Behind FSU, Auburn, Mizzou, Alabama, and Oklahoma ST. Any of those teams would bat OSU in my opinion.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:08 PM

2,016 posts, read 2,018,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Maybe not, but bowl play will sort that out. I just find it interesting that so many are taking shots at Ohio State but are silent about Florida State.
Because Florida State kicked their opponets butt and by a long shot, and Ohio State didn't. They wouldn't be undefeated in the SEC or Pac 12.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:29 PM

6,349 posts, read 8,407,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Because Florida State kirrcorheir opponets butt and by a long shot, and Ohio State didn't. They wouldn't be undefeated in the SEC or Pac 12.
To be fair though FSU has played ACC teams. They are looking good but the hardest team they faced was Clemson. They need to beat a good team in a real conference, and they will get a shot at this if they beat Duke which they should. Big 10 is not the SEC but it is tougher than the ACC which is pure cupcake except for a few teams.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
To be fair though FSU has played ACC teams. They are looking good but the hardest team they faced was Clemson. They need to beat a good team in a real conference, and they will get a shot at this if they beat Duke which they should. Big 10 is not the SEC but it is tougher than the ACC which is pure cupcake except for a few teams.
And the B1G isn't? Give me a break. The B1G is ridiculously terrible.

Edit : The ACC isn't great either, but there isn't much difference between the two.

Last edited by ImissThe90's; 12-05-2013 at 02:20 PM..

Old 12-05-2013, 02:29 PM

6,349 posts, read 8,407,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
And the B1G isn't? Give me a break. The B1G is ridiculously terrible.

Edit : The ACC isn't great either, but there isn't much difference between the two.
It isn't terrible. It isn't great but much better than the ACC which has two credible teams andaybe 3 or so OK ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football