Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,983,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
He has already done most of the things you list.

One of Mack's best qualities is his inherent character. I think UT would have to somehow personally harm him or his family for him to ever behave like a child.
What do you call dragging Mac Brown's job status through the press for a couple of months? The President and the AD could have called an immediate halt to the speculation had they so desired. Instead, they created controversy where there wouldn't have been any otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 09:42 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,581,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
It doesnt matter who your team is or what theyve done. They arent as good as bama which is why you spend most of your time obsessing about them. I dont even know who your team is because you spend most of your time posting about Bama.

who you got for the sugar bowl? Wait let me guess...
Roll Tears Roll. You stalking me? Lol.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 12-14-2013 at 10:06 AM..

Old 12-14-2013, 10:54 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,034,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Personally, if I were Mack Brown, I would spend the next nine months intentionally making the worst possible decisions, firing good assistant coaches and hiring terrible ones. Then, a week out from the first game, I would quit. That would serve Texas right for jerking him around the way it did.
Whaaaaaaat?

You're making Mack Brown out to be a victim?

How about beating Baylor for crying out loud?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I think Mac stays 1 or 2 more years then resigns. It will give the new AD plenty of time to find 'his' coach, and lets Mac retire (one would hope) with some dignity. Now if he's able to recruit a decent QB he may be there for 3.
When did Texas football fans become so fat and happy? 1 or 2 more years? Of what? The guy should've resigned after last year.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:52 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,840,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Personally, if I were Mack Brown, I would spend the next nine months intentionally making the worst possible decisions, firing good assistant coaches and hiring terrible ones. Then, a week out from the first game, I would quit. That would serve Texas right for jerking him around the way it did.
He is a professional, so he doesn't act like this. First off even if Texas did him worse he wouldn't do that, but even if he was low such a move would hurt any future career he would have.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:53 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,806,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I have believed (with no proof of course) that Patterson was not eager to start his reign as AD by firing Mack and hiring a new coach. I figured Mack's 8-4 season was minimally tolerable to reduce the "fire Mack" talk to a mild roar instead of a scream.

This story shows that Orangebloods.com once again showed why people shouldn't get their news from a fan site. And contrary to what most thought about how this scenario would play out - UT let it be very messy and unpleasant for Mack.

All of this makes the firing of Mike Sherman at A&M (which was poorly done) two years ago look smooth.

I have also thought that Saban's personality would be a poor match for UT. He is not a cheerleader like Mack. I'm sure he deals with big money alumni at Alabama, but I think the equivalent at UT is multiplied. I don't think Saban would deal very well with all the sucking up that occurs around the UT athletic department.
I agree with this...if Mack was 4-8 that's a different story. The UT admin dept needs to get a hold of themselves and act like a first class organization.

I agree that Mack had the right personality for UT where Saban may not. The UT crew didnt like Mackovic (for being too wine and cheese) even though he won 3 conference titles. His last year...not so good w Route 66. Find the leaks to OB.com...

Old 12-14-2013, 06:20 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,553,184 times
It's finally official. Now on to who will replace him.

1:00pm Sunday will be the press conference.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:20 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,806,705 times
Well I guess he resigned (was forced out).

Old 12-14-2013, 07:06 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,008,271 times
He's leaving after the Alamo bowl. Who is on the short list?

Old 12-14-2013, 07:10 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,581,155 times
Ha! Ha! He screwed them out of offering Saban and now he gives them the finger. What's going on down on Austin?

Old 12-15-2013, 12:54 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,107,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
He's leaving after the Alamo bowl. Who is on the short list?
Hopefully,

1. David Shaw-Stanford
2. Charlie Strong-Louisville
3. Mark Dantonio-Michigan St.
4. Kriby Smart- DC for Alabama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football